nevada and utah or florida

This is a discussion on nevada and utah or florida within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; do you guys think nevada will ever honor or have reciprocity with utah and or florida?...

Thread: nevada and utah or florida

do you guys think nevada will ever honor or have reciprocity with utah and or florida?

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    I do. When? Who knows. As I see it the main thing that is keeping some states from coming into the group that shares with other states is the perticular rules and regs. In other words,I feel that the very most liberal minded states or yuppieish states like Kalifornia,Mass.,Wisc,etc. will take a very long time to change their ways. Other states will come around more quickly. Nevada will be one that changes pretty quick. I think that they want to right now. It's just a couple of the holdout politicians that are keeping it from happening. -------

It is really just a matter of the right comunication between the states and the right people in each state willing to spend the time on it. Most of the time all the other state needs is a letter of intent and copy of the laws regarding CCW.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

do you have a potential time frame for nevada to recognize other states like utah and florida i would hope they will accept california soon california has higher training standards than nevada does. i am just waiting on my prints to come back for my california permit.

Nevada and OOS Permits.

I really don't think NV has any intent to recognize any OOS permits. With NV drawing so many people from all across the US as part time residents or visitors, I believe they will hold firm on recognizing only their own permit. It's also good business for NV (Sheriff) approved instructors who can offer their one day class while someone is visiting for a convention or just some fun. If you go to NV a lot, you can take an NV approved class and get an NV non-resident permit.

Quote Originally Posted by cnc_marine
    do you have a potential time frame for nevada to recognize other states like utah and florida i would hope they will accept california soon california has higher training standards than nevada does. i am just waiting on my prints to come back for my california permit.
    Do we even know if it is being considered by Nevada??
    The decision could have already been made.

Nevada

Unlike many states, there does not seem to be any provision in NV law ( that I could find) for either the automatic recognition of other state permits any discretionary process in NV law granting local or state authorities the right or authority to enter in to any such agreements.

Unless someone finds something I couldn't, Nevada would most likely have to amend their law before OOS permits could be recognized. Please feel free to correct me if I have missed something but I would lend greatest credence to someone who responds directly from Nevada and is directly involved with Nevada's history on the issue.

B.s.

i just think its B.S. that i have to have 4 permits to carry where i travel the most.

Sponsored Links