Certifications?

Certifications?

This is a discussion on Certifications? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK. so a new topic. How many of you are NRA course certified? range safety officer, ccw instructor, master instructor, other firearm certifications? I am ...

Thread: Certifications?

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar

Certifications?

OK. so a new topic. How many of you are NRA course certified? range safety officer, ccw instructor, master instructor, other firearm certifications? I am FINALLY getting certified as a ccw instructor next month.-if the class happens. Then to master instructor, if I can find someone to teach the course. Our sportsman club does a good job of training, but as you get higher up, the number of instructors that can teach the right courses decrease.
    What is every one else's experience with these, if any?
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

1952 - 2006
    I have my NRA Law Enforcement Firearms Instructor Certification. Pistol & Shotgun.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

By Master Instructor are you referring to a Training Counselor who creates other instructors? I've been a certified instructor for about 20 years and an IDPA certified Safety Officer for about six years. I was going to get my training counselor credentials...there is some money to be made there...well enough to keep me in guns awhile....but the problem is that I teach for a living and my standards are just so high as to who is able to teach competently, that I decided against the idea.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Instructor

I am an NRA Instructor in Basic Pistol, Home Firearm Safety and Personal Defense. I also teach CCW classes here in MO. The NRA does not have an Instructor rating for CCW....as a matter of fact they want NRA Instructors who "cross over" in to CCW training to clearly differentiate NRA course content from CCW content if both are being taught as a part of the same training agenda.

Assistant Administrator
    NRA Certified - Basic Pistol, Basic Rifle, Basic Shotgun, Personal Protection and range safety officer instructor.

CCW comes in to our Personal Protection but as an ''extra'' aspect beyond the NRA course layout. I'd like to go for Councillor but at my age unlikely now. Just plod on using my certification best I can to help get new folks in and savvy.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Senior Moderator
    NRA Personal Protection
    Arkanasas State Police Cert. 00-379

Distinguished Member Array fotomaker57's Avatar
    realtor good to see you on here.
    Mike
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    Yes, training counselor, I guess our lingo is slightly different. We have to take basic pistol, personal protection in the home, and personal defense. Then sit in on a lecture from outside lawyer on CCW laws, etc. then sit for test. I am cert. RSO and want to be cert. to teach the rest of the courses. and then go on to training counselor, in NRA terms. a master instructor at the club.
    I think that is a great program the NRA has to offer. It has really helped our club grow too.
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    By Master Instructor are you referring to a Training Counselor who creates other instructors? I've been a certified instructor for about 20 years and an IDPA certified Safety Officer for about six years. I was going to get my training counselor credentials...there is some money to be made there...well enough to keep me in guns awhile....but the problem is that I teach for a living and my standards are just so high as to who is able to teach competently, that I decided against the idea.
    Ex, if you ever change your mind, let me know. I would be interested in getting some certifications myself.

I am an IDPA safety officer (4 years I think) and Tactical Handgun 101 with Randy Cain
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

I'm a 4H certified pistol instructor.

Cleared to not just teach handgun but to hand them to eight year olds with the blessing of the state. :)
    Driver carries less than $45 worth of remorse.

Links