How Can I Carry?

This is a discussion on How Can I Carry? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i like to wear gym shorts a lot- since i live in florida. so is there any type of holster i can get that would ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Can I Carry?

How Can I Carry?

i like to wear gym shorts a lot- since i live in florida. so is there any type of holster i can get that would work without a belt loop but wouldn't pull my pants off?
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."
    -Thomas Jefferson

2 Chronicles 7:14

2. Remove Ads

Many of us that carry while wearing gym shorts use a Smartcarry holster.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Welcome to my world, and the answer is yes! Been doing it here in Virginia a few days as well. Get the Smart Carry. Wore this with gym shorts, no shirt or shoes and was carrying my Glock 26. Wife could not believe I was carrying when I told her. I even wear the Smart Carry at night in my flannel PJ's.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

"When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Smart Carry Rules

Yep! I wear atheltic shorts and jogging pants all the time with a Smart Carry holster. Works great!
    "In a moment of crisis you will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training". http://www.FreedomTrainerTarget.com

Don't forget to give the belly bands a look also. There are a few companys that make them. They give you many postions to carry and, I feel, it is very comfortable.
    I can't comment on the Smart Carry.
    However, from what I've read, the Smart Carry will hide, even with no shirt; whereas the Belly Band you will still need a t-shirt.
    I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy to carry...

Shoulder holster, all it requires is a short sleeve button down shirt over your tshirt, works for me..
    Si vis pacem, parabellum

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    When I wear gym shorts, I use a cheap duty belt worn under the shorts. Other times I wear the same belt with my thigh rig; but you apparently don't have that option in Florida.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

I've even used my Smartcarry at 3:00 or more behind the hip. Good option for guys worried they might shoot off their manhood.

Depends on what you are doing in those gym shorts!! If you are running around playing basketball having a gun bouncing around on your privates will raise your voice a couple octives, the Bellyband works well for smaller guns and holds them very secure. When you CC you must compromise your mode of dress, where you go etc.... so for everything there is a trade off. You need to find what works best for you.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

You can always wear a belt and holster around your waist under the gym shorts
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by chiboxer View Post
    Shoulder holster, all it requires is a short sleeve button down shirt over your tshirt, works for me..

not sure i'd wear a button down shirt with gym shorts....
    -Thomas Jefferson

My shorts I go walking in have a draw string. I use a MTAC Minatour holster for my G23 and tie the draw string tight enough and I'm good to go. Throw on a T shirt and nobody has ever noticied.

Oh and carry at 3:00 clock and it works for PJ's too.

When i am around the house in sweatpants or gym shorts I just use a bellyband with my glock 26. some people find bellybands uncomfortable but if you wear a t shirt under it it works well.
    I believe in gun control...... Thats why I use TWO hands.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    You can always wear a belt and holster around your waist under the gym shorts
    duck, How high do you pull up your shorts?
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links