National Park Carnage Begins

This is a discussion on National Park Carnage Begins within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, in just about one hour EST, the first of thousands of rabid handgun toting gun nut wackos will be endangering every living entity within ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Well, in just about one hour EST, the first of thousands of rabid handgun toting gun nut wackos will be endangering every living entity within the formerly idyllic confines of most National Park Service managed areas in the United States.

I trust that the National Guard, FEMA, and the totality of NATO's peace-keeping forces are on red alert in anticipation of the inevitable bloodbath!

Actually, we have a post on our tngunowners.com forum that the Natchez Trace Parkway headquarters said that the new rule had been "postponed" until further notice. I know several of the anti's had filed for injunctions, but none granted to my knowledge.

If the Natchez Trace fed's level of information is any indication, could be an interesting first week on Dept. of Interior lands, especially in OPEN CARRY states like my own!

- OS

We might yet again see the vast difference between policy, rule, regulation and law. Unsurprising. Until the 2A is interpreted to apply to all people at all times, I'm sure we'll continue see such finagling and twisting to suit the opportunists.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    yeah, the carnage may not last long when the new policy change gets reviewed by the Obama team after Jan 20

let all hope that a good self-defense/life-saving shooting is the only kind that takes place in a Nat'l park after this takes affect
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    yeah, the carnage may not last long when the new policy change gets reviewed by the Obama team after Jan 20
    Apparently, it takes more then a year or two to change this sort of rule. They have to make proposals, revisions, and submit it to public comments...I also see no reason the Dept of Interior or the congressmen who supported this change would immediately change their mind.

A BIG QUESTION TO NOTE: It is currently off limits to carry in a Federal Building where Federal employees work. Now, we all know park rangers are federal employees and work in visitor centers... It has not really been made clear (to me at least) how buildings on National Parks will be treated. Anyone heard anything official?

My understanding is buildings in National Parks are off limits.

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    It gets even better...

My Way News - Group sues to reinstate firearms ban

The lawsuit said members of the Brady Campaign will no longer visit national parks and refuges "out of fear for their personal safety from those who will now be permitted to carry loaded and concealed weapons in such areas."

Quote Originally Posted by nutz4utwo View Post
    Apparently, it takes more then a year or two to change this sort of rule. They have to make proposals, revisions, and submit it to public comments...I also see no reason the Dept of Interior or the congressmen who supported this change would immediately change their mind.

A BIG QUESTION TO NOTE: It is currently off limits to carry in a Federal Building where Federal employees work. Now, we all know park rangers are federal employees and work in visitor centers... It has not really been made clear (to me at least) how buildings on National Parks will be treated. Anyone heard anything official?
    That was my understanding as well, I think it just goes for the back country.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    Sounds good to me, I hope none of them show up. Less people to deal with, and especially less of those kind of people!!!!!

Ain't no way more than 1% of any fat inner-city liberal Brady-ite visits anything more remote than the Grand Canyon welcome center.

This rule makes me very happy...I have long avoided the NPS because I refuse to be unarmed in bear/cougar/ne'er-do-well country when I can go to the state park or national forest system and be armed.
    http://www.myspace.com/sgeringer
    SIG SP2009<>XD45 4"<>S&W 638-3<>GLOCK20<>Mossberg Mav88

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nutz4utwo View Post
    I have faith that the rule could be recinded in a heartbeat if they choose to do so
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

US CODE: Title 18,930. Possession of firearms and dangerous weapons in Federal facilities

930. Possession of firearms and dangerous weapons in Federal facilities

(a) Except as provided in subsection (d), whoever knowingly possesses or causes to be present a firearm or other dangerous weapon in a Federal facility (other than a Federal court facility), or attempts to do so, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both.

(d) Subsection (a) shall not apply to—

(3) the lawful carrying of firearms or other dangerous weapons in a Federal facility incident to hunting or other lawful purposes.

(g) As used in this section:
    (1) The term “Federal facility” means a building or part thereof owned or leased by the Federal Government, where Federal employees are regularly present for the purpose of performing their official duties.

(h) Notice of the provisions of subsections (a) and (b) shall be posted conspicuously at each public entrance to each Federal facility, and notice of subsection (e) shall be posted conspicuously at each public entrance to each Federal court facility, and no person shall be convicted of an offense under subsection (a) or (e) with respect to a Federal facility if such notice is not so posted at such facility, unless such person had actual notice of subsection (a) or (e), as the case may be.
    At the very least, you'll know when you get there.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

"We should not be making it easier for dangerous people to carry concealed firearms in our parks." said Paul Helmke, the group's president.
    Wow. Dangerous? Shame on them. I never thought of myself as dangerous, but apparently to the brady campaign, I must be. You know, we mom types, driving minivans, with small children.....we must be watched, especially in parks...we're dangerous.

Morons.
    "Let me control the textbooks, and I will control the state." - Adolf Hitler

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    The lawsuit said members of the Brady Campaign will no longer visit national parks and refuges "out of fear for their personal safety from those who will now be permitted to carry loaded and concealed weapons in such areas."
    They should also no longer visit cities, rural areas, private property, etc!
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedaisy View Post
    Wow. Dangerous? Shame on them. I never thought of myself as dangerous, but apparently to the brady campaign, I must be. You know, we mom types, driving minivans, with small children.....we must be watched, especially in parks...we're dangerous.

Morons.
    We've heard all about you "soccer mom's". A dangerous and desperate breed of people!

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    gggrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    What Jack A$$es!

Good! I don't like crowds anyway, not like they will make a difference. The National Parks will probably get more visitors now anyway. I for one have avoided Rocky Mountain N.P. which is 2 1/2 hours away because of their prior anti gun law. I think this year I will visit it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links