If you carry you should see this

This is a discussion on If you carry you should see this within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is a video from a robbery of a kangaroo in Ocoee FL. where a good samaritan came to the defense of the clerk getting ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you carry you should see this

This is a video from a robbery of a kangaroo in Ocoee FL. where a good samaritan came to the defense of the clerk getting beaten down with a bottle. He heard her screaming from outside and ran in with gun drawn and shot the robber. He was justified, but the video shows some simple training would have helped him to better handle the situation. Although its easy to be critical watching a vid after the fact, I'm sure it's a little different when you are going through it first hand. The biggest mistake he made was all the talking he did to the local news .

LiveLeak.com - Alternate angle,longer version of 'Surveillance video shows customer shoot robber'

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Guess I was surprised how quick he went from yelling and hyper to crying like a school girl. Hope I never end up in his shoes.
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

Glad he came to the ladies aid as she was in a tough spot.

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Think that isn't you in that instant, If you haven't been there most cc'er here better stop and think on it again. Once you pull the trigger and shoot someone you will have more on your mind than what the LE has to say to you.

It's going to screw up your head big time. Do you think he has any idea what he is saying as he runs around there in the store on the 911 tape. (Nope) He is in a big fog.

Here is a portion of the news article that followed. The clerk is lucky that Jeff Harrison didn't come to her rescue. He's the type that would be a good witness.

...In Florida, it's perfectly legal to have a gun in your vehicle if it's secured in something like a holster or in your glove compartment. Eyewitness News checked and found out there's also another law on Christopher's side based on his version of what happened.

Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law, enacted three years ago, states a person can "meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to him or herself of another person to prevent a forcible felony."

At least one customer shopping at the Kangaroo convenience store disagrees with the law and believes Christopher could've stopped the suspected robber without pulling the trigger.

"That's kind of scary that anybody can just walk up and blam, blam, and you're done," Jeff Harrison said.

Quote Originally Posted by turbobore View Post
    Here is a portion of the news article that followed. The clerk is lucky that Jeff Harrison didn't come to her rescue. He's the type that would be a good witness.

...In Florida, it's perfectly legal to have a gun in your vehicle if it's secured in something like a holster or in your glove compartment. Eyewitness News checked and found out there's also another law on Christopher's side based on his version of what happened.

Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law, enacted three years ago, states a person can "meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to him or herself of another person to prevent a forcible felony."

At least one customer shopping at the Kangaroo convenience store disagrees with the law and believes Christopher could've stopped the suspected robber without pulling the trigger.

"That's kind of scary that anybody can just walk up and blam, blam, and you're done," Jeff Harrison said.
    I saw this on the news. Got a little message for Jeff......Don't ROB places for a profession and..........BLAM problem solved!
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

good thing someone was around. While I know something like this has the potential to mess me up, I also understand that everyone reacts quite differently to situations. I believe I would handle something like this a little bit better. The alternative in this situation was living with possibility of that woman being either killed or permanently damaged (possibly mentally) while I (for instance) sat back and did nothing but call police and watch it happen.

I do wonder if some commands to the assailant before shooting him could have been a little more effective? But none of us will know until we are in that situation(which hopefully never happens).

P.S. I am not being critical of the shooter in the least bit, it might have helped to see another outcome, but the robber was basically asking for it.

Jeff Harrison is dumb...
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Quote Originally Posted by turbobore View Post

Yeah well it seems in FL if you're beating some poor lady with a bottle you can be expected to be shot. Mr. Harrison

But this guy gets ridiculed for killing a BG beating a defenseless woman (that he knew) with a bottle? Possibly breaking facial bones in the process? Better than sitting there watching the lady I knew having her head caved in while I'm describing it to a 911 operator. MR. Harrison

I think I would've shot him too *after one time demanding for him to stop the assault or I shoot*, rather than let her possibly die, and have that on my conscious than the BGs death. Mr. Harrison

jeez lets not get carried away here, Mr. Harrison....if some one is in the act of potentially causing great bodly harm one has to be expected to get have a firearm drawn on them and possibly shot at in AMERICA...DUH!

A guy got shot and killed down my street for chasing a lady with a toy gun. He ( 3rd party defending shooter) didn't get charges against him. The guy didn't even harm the lady...just looked like he was going to.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    I'm glad the clerk came out okay. I'm sure that woman is thankful that he carries, and was observant enough to hear her screams.

"I don't like repeat offenders, I like dead offenders"

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    I love liveleak. It shows the videos and presents stories much better then main stream media and it doesn't have some of the silly censorship for violence.

I would like to think I would not have pulled the trigger so quickly. It may have been possible to diffuse the situation without firing, but It looks to me like the situation meets the requirements for great bodily harm to commit a felony...

I know calling 911 is always a good thing to do, but I think it makes it more difficult to win a gunfight with a phone in your hand...

Apparantly he doesn't have a concealed carry permit. The gun was in his glove box in the truck and he grabbed it and ran in.Still legal though.
    Who could listen to that poor lady scream and not help her? Apparently Mr. Harrison. What a douche

The Harrison character that they interviewed has the same mindset as 99.9% of the "sheeple" out there. There first response is, "Jeez! Why'd he hafta shoot 'im?!"

Uh... Because I was too far away to choke him out???

What's wrong with people?! Woman's getting her head bashed in, and their going to criticize the guy who steps up and puts a stop to the ******* who's doing it? Good Lord.

I have a question for Jeff Harrison:

What was the CC'er supposed to do? Ask the BG to "please stop bashing in the woman's head"?

Mr. Harrison better pray if anyone is ever bashing his head in with something that they just be a good witness. I would not want him to feel guilty afterward if he survives his beating for the death of a criminal.
    "The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. "
    Best words of wisdom from my Master Emperor Palpatine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links