Take this State CCDW Quiz and let us know how Ya Did

Take this State CCDW Quiz and let us know how Ya Did

This is a discussion on Take this State CCDW Quiz and let us know how Ya Did within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I ran across this quiz deal on a Taurus forum and thought I'd post it here and see what our scores look like. I haven't ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Post Take this State CCDW Quiz and let us know how Ya Did

I ran across this quiz deal on a Taurus forum and thought I'd post it here and see what our scores look like. I haven't done the KY quiz yet but when I do I'll post my scores. If ya want do the same and see if there's help for us or if we're up the poo creek.

Quiz - Your State Gun Laws
    "Fear is nothing more than an emotional response to the perception of danger coupled with the belief that I can't handle it."
    "If you change that belief to 'I can handle it', you'll no longer experience FEAR. You'll simply see what you are facing is a challenge... an opportunity to test yourself.

Well did the quiz and it was a joke 10m easy questions that anybody should know I kinda feel like a doofus for bringing up such an easy test here now. Obviously I hit 100% and took less than a minute to do.
    "Fear is nothing more than an emotional response to the perception of danger coupled with the belief that I can't handle it."
    "If you change that belief to 'I can handle it', you'll no longer experience FEAR. You'll simply see what you are facing is a challenge... an opportunity to test yourself.

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    100% for WA, where I live
    100% for CA, where I'm stationed...hint for CA...answer yes to every question :( But there is one trick question... "Are background checks required for private gun sales?" Secret Option C: Private gun sales are not allowed in CA
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

VIP Member
    Well I got 9 out of 10, but one of their questions was poorly written or the answer was wrong. Had to do with background checks at gun shows. Dealer sales require it just as normal, but private sales do not. They didn't specify, but did ask the private sale background check question later. Very strange.

I can only assume that the author of the "quiz" believes in the gun show loophole.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

I got 80% however I disagree with the questions I got wrong,
    1) If there is a waiting period to purchase a gun. I said no... you can walk in and buy a gun and walk out with it the same day. So that is no waiting period... right?
    and
    2) If you need a back ground check in private gun sales, I said no, they said yes...

So I don't know... maybe I am misinformed..... or otherwise I need to question the validity of these test...

Let me know if anyone else sees any discrepancies
    ~krockett

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Well I got 9 out of 10, but one of their questions was poorly written or the answer was wrong. Had to do with background checks at gun shows. Dealer sales require it just as normal, but private sales do not. They didn't specify, but did ask the private sale background check question later. Very strange.

I can only assume that the author of the "quiz" believes in the gun show loophole.
    I agree.

I took the VA quiz and was thoroughly disappointed in several of the questions. The questions that I saw were worded in such a way to infer that VA's laws were wrong or immoral, and I wrote the author an email calling him out on it. We'll see what comes of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post

Agreed.. I got same results on idaho "quiz". Gun show question is not well questioned.
    ((Place funny, whitty comment here))

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    The quiz seems more handgun law related than rifles and handguns. Waiting periods and registration almost never apply to rifles.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

on the no NICS check for private sales it bgets a little tricky. As a NICS examiner myself, yeah I might've given your FFLs a requires further review on occasion but that's another post. But in quit a few states you don't need a check, but if you sell to an ex-con you're committing a felony. So in most cases it's best to pay the FFL you frequent and pay the transfer fee just to cover your butt, or know the person very well. Same as buying a firearm in KY as a gift it's legel unless they aren't able to buy it themselves, meaning un cle Charles' disorderly conduct, on threating back in college may bite you in the but.

News to me on waiting period in Mass. Only thing I have to wait for is the dealer to make the call.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Got 70% because of poorly written questions. Gun show, NCIS and can police limit.
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

80% but i think those two i got wrong were right.

florida
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."
    -Thomas Jefferson

2 Chronicles 7:14

VIP Member
    The questions are worded too generically to answer accurately. I aced it, but I had to guess at the specifics of a couple questions.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

I got a 90%. I missed one but, this is the question I missed:

Are background checks required at gun shows. I answered yes but the quiz says it is no. If I buy a gun from a private party at a gun show then no, a background check is not required but, If I buy a gun from a dealer, with an FFL, then the answer is yes.

It wasn't a very hard test. Just one question worded poorly.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Yes, It does seem oriented to handguns, trouble is it does not specify handguns.

But I protest anyway. I missed 4! And three of those 4 I didn't actually miss, and the fourth I was just guessing what they were making up at that point!

2. Are handgun buyers required to complete safety training? Their answer, Yes. Correct answer is No. To obtain a Concealed Pistol License (CPL) one must take a class. But no class is required for an of age adult to purchase a firearm in Michigan.

3. Is it required that you register all of your guns with law enforcement? Their answer Yes. Correct answer is No. While we do have a defacto registration (dubbed safety inspection in the past, but that changes later this month) for handguns, it is handguns only. No long guns are registered, inspected or otherwise recorded by the police in Michigan.

8. Are background checks required on 'private' gun sales? Their answer Yes. Correct answer is No. No background check is required for a private sale of a firearm within the State, however, if it is a handgun, the proper paperwork (license to purchase etc. etc.) must still be filled out.

10. May the police limit carrying concealed handguns?

Okay, by this time I'd had enough. I based my answer solely on the answers they used to the above questions, figuring "if they're going to make up new laws requiring registration of all my guns, a background check on a private sale and require us suddenly to take safety training to purchase a handgun, it stood to reason they'd also give the police powers to limit carrying concealed handguns! Yeah, I know the law, they can't. But I answered "yes" anyway. It just fit better with all their other wrong answers. And this one, they stuck with the actual law, as opposed to their fantasy version.
    The Michigan test sucks.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links