So I had a little party at my house

This is a discussion on So I had a little party at my house within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; it was the SO's bday so we had a blacklight graffiti party at the apt. I'm pretty anal about my apt, so I didn't wanna ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So I had a little party at my house

So I had a little party at my house

it was the SO's bday so we had a blacklight graffiti party at the apt. I'm pretty anal about my apt, so I didn't wanna drink and make sure ppl didn't spill stuff on the floor and what not...

well I had my USPf 45 on me with a comptac IWB holster....

later on during the night apparently couple ppl saw the gun (the shirt rode up on it I guess) and told the SO about it...

I didn't want anyone to know I was carrying of course...

just shows how much the grip of the gun matters, I had a pretty long shirt too, but sitting down, standing up etc just made it ride up =/

and the kicker is, at the end of the night when I took the gun out of the holster the whole holster came with the gun!!! now that woulda been interested if I had to use it lol.

just thought I share.

2. Remove Ads

Although, it is funny to think about it, it really isn't all that funny.

You should be a bit more aware if your gun is showing or not, and if your holster comes out of your pants when you pull your gun, it could mean your life. That is not a funny thought.

Practice your carry method, and concealment. If the current method doesn't allow for proper draw and leave the holster in place, you need to change your method of carry.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Smile Me too...

Happened to me too... but the kids saw it first "Dad, your printing" solved that.

As far as drawing a holstered weapon - three words "Reverse J Clip" [OK, two words and a letter]

High Noon advertises on this site - I got two of their IWB holsters for Christmas... affordable, comfortable, and they stay put:
    Mr Softy YMMV

My old kydex IWB had a habit of forgetting its place after a lot of sitting & standing, sitting & standing, especially from overstuffed furniture and in and out of cars.

+1 to farronwolf, practice, and sometimes additional product testing and shopping, makes perfect.
    Protect your family. Reload. Call 911.

yeah, as funny as it is, I thought about it if I had to pull the gun... the whole holster comes with it. scary scary scary thought...

I don't understand why this happened. I guess like I said, sitting and standing constantly, and 1 tiem I didn't check it rode up...

one other time my buddy said 'dude what is that clunky thing on your hip?' I guess it was printing as well.

perhaps a USPf is just too big of a gun to conceal...

BAC
    Question is, do you consider it a lesson learned or an amusing occurrence?

Your physique is going to impact what you carry a lot more than you might have originally realized. I can hide my 1911 fairly well, even with properly fitting shirts, but I know I can do better (gov't with bobtail and slim grips, commander slide/officer frame, etc.). The better I can hide the gun, the more freedom of movement I have; whether you notice it or not, and it's always more obvious on someone else than when you're doing it, a lot of folks that carry look "stiff". You could probably hide the USP well enough, especially if you wear cargo pants/shorts, looser (not necessarily baggy) jeans, etc.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post

perhaps a USPf is just too big of a gun to conceal...
    if you don't have the body type and/or the right holster.....then you may be right
    I can/have carried my USPf with a IWB kydex holster, tuckable with no problems
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

so we had a blacklight graffiti party

huh?
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

Sounds to me like you were using the party to intentionally broadcast the fact you carry a gun,I carry everyday and whenever I get out of a chair car etc. I check to make sure my shirt isn't riding up
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    if you don't have the body type and/or the right holster.....then you may be right
    I can/have carried my USPf with a IWB kydex holster, tuckable with no problems
    I'm 6'2 and 195 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Sounds to me like you were using the party to intentionally broadcast the fact you carry a gun,I carry everyday and whenever I get out of a chair car etc. I check to make sure my shirt isn't riding up
    are you serious???

so are you saying that I was trying to show off to people that I was carrying? and then I come here to tell you guys that I was showing off to my friends that I carry a gun??? if I wanted to show off, I could have just open carried it ya know. its my house.

I must have misunderstood ya, but that's what I understand your post as...

Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    I'm 6'2 and 195 lbs

are you serious???

so are you saying that I was trying to show off to people that I was carrying? and then I come here to tell you guys that I was showing off to my friends that I carry a gun??? if I wanted to show off, I could have just open carried it ya know. its my house.

I must have misunderstood ya, but that's what I understand your post as...
    I apologise at first I thought I read wher it happened several times during the night,once is an accident but repeatedly I would have to say once your aware of a problem and it continues to happen IMHO then it's intentional
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by ICTsnub View Post
    so we had a blacklight graffiti party

huh?

From one source:

$5 includes hookah mouth piece and live DJ

Description: Black lights covering the whole space. Wear your white clothes and use our highlighters on each other so everyone is glowing. All of this while our favorite DJs the Russians and DJ Evan are creating a great beat for a funky dance party, and a feature graffiti artist is tagging up the walls. There are 8 different flavor hookahs going all night including our new Christmas Mix flavor!!
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I'm pretty anal about my apt, so I didn't wanna drink and make sure ppl didn't spill stuff on the floor and what not... "

Quote Originally Posted by H8SPVMT View Post
    From one source:

$5 includes hookah mouth piece and live DJ

Description: Black lights covering the whole space. Wear your white clothes and use our highlighters on each other so everyone is glowing...... and a feature graffiti artist is tagging up the walls.

Ok, two "huhs, and a whaaa?"
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

Sorry to hear all did not go as planned. Get a hammerless S&W J-frame, a quality pocket holster, put it in your pocket, and problem solved. You are home, armed, and discrete.

VIP Member
    It's quite possible it was the black light that outed you. Basically highlighted what you had on you. Quite possibly in other situations it would have gone unnoticed.

Tell them they didn't see nothin. It was just the hookahs -- they can do crazy things.
    A man without a blackthorn stick is a man without an expedient. - Irish Proverb

Why so SERIOUS?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links