permit

This is a discussion on permit within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i am actually glad that they limit you to the gun or guns you qualified with that way your not carrying a 1911 one day ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: permit

glad

i am actually glad that they limit you to the gun or guns you qualified with that way your not carrying a 1911 one day and a glock one day or a sig one day you carry a gun your familliar with on a daily basis if you got in a gun fight and you were carrying your glock most of the time and switched to the 1911 and had to shoot but forgot to take the safety off well you might get shot in that situation you should always carry the same type of gun not switch around all the time remember you have one seconds if that to draw aim and fire if you forgot you had to take a safety off or something your going to be the dead one. i like the fact i can only carry up to three guns. you dont have time to be analytical in a gun fight.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by cnc_marine
    i am actually glad that they limit you to the gun or guns you qualified with that way your not carrying a 1911 one day and a glock one day or a sig one day you carry a gun your familliar with on a daily basis if you got in a gun fight and you were carrying your glock most of the time and switched to the 1911 and had to shoot but forgot to take the safety off well you might get shot in that situation you should always carry the same type of gun not switch around all the time remember you have one seconds if that to draw aim and fire if you forgot you had to take a safety off or something your going to be the dead one. i like the fact i can only carry up to three guns. you dont have time to be analytical in a gun fight.
    I agree on carrying the same pistol every day. Calfornia allows 3 guns on the permit, my plan was to have 2 different Kahr P40's on there just in case my primary was out of service, I'd have a backup of the exact same gun that I'm familiar with. I think it's critical to carry the same gun always, get used to that holster, pistol, and method of draw. Too much switching pistols and holsters isn't a good idea. Get used to one setup. Repetition is the mother of perfection.

Glad???

Quote Originally Posted by cnc_marine
    i am actually glad that they limit you to the gun or guns you qualified with.

Maintaining proficiency on your chosen weapon is a good thing, and something we all should strive for. Changing platforms will make things more complex.
    However, having a government entity limit me on what I can and cannot carry is, well... unacceptable.
    I cannot understand why anyone would actually desire that someone else make decisions for them.
    As we are well aware, things like that are a very slippery slope.

Good luck.
    Sarhog
    NRA Life Member
    Northwest Florida Defensive Pistol Shooters Member
    Sarhog's gallery

Assistant Administrator
    I too am ''one gun carry'' and will suggest this to anyone as a better choice - well, IMO.

But to reiterate what others have said - I am damned if I wish for someone else to decide for me!!!! It's bad enough when states differentiate between semi and revo - but to have to slavishly follow a limited choice, because ''they'' say so - no thank you. If any training has been worth better than squat then the shooter/CCW should be aware of what is best, without having it mandated.

Just another erosion of freedom of choice.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

you know you guys jump to conclusions you can have three guns at a time if you buy a new gun and qualify with it you can remove one gun and put a new one on the permit and i dont think the state is deciding what you can and cant carry you decide what you want to carry you just have a limit of three at a time for very good reasons. i only put two guns on my permit was going to go for 3 but decided whats the use of having 3 beside i might buy a kahr and i still have a open slot for that if i decide to do so but i think my XD 40 sub compact and smith and wesson 442 .38 spl is plenty of gun to get the job done if need be. its not like i want to walk around like neo in the matrix.

Assistant Administrator
    No sweat cnc - it is all about principle - regulation if you will.

I doubt many folks need more than three choices - two might suffice. I guess tho we have seen too many ''thin-end-of-wedge'' deals over time, and any restrictions invariably get followed by more as against fewer!

As long it's cool by you then no prob's.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

BTW.........I just re-newed my NH CC Permit....(Pistol and Revolver License)......paid my 10 bucks.......signed the form, showed my current residence (NH Drivers' License) and after a total 10 days, (this included 2 weekends) the PD sent it to my home..how's that for service with a smile?
    GOOD TO GO TIL 2010........
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links