Defensive Carry banner

Sad Day...

2K views 25 replies 25 participants last post by  boricua 
#1 ·
Well, my mom checked online today and her CHL was finally issued by the great state of Texas. I officially can no longer carry her Ed Brown Kobra Carry since she'll be carrying now. I'm gonna miss that little guy...

#2 ·
Give your mom a thumb up for me. As for you....I don't know what to tell you other than helping her find options so the little guy can find his way back into your hands. Maybe she'd go for a joint custody thing? Every other weekend? Good luck with it.

#3 ·
Mom carries an Ed Brown? Way cool......! :hand5:

#4 ·
+1+1 on Mom Carrying Ed Brown, Not an easy target is mom.:comeandgetsome::hand10:

#5 ·
Yeah, it's a funny story. She originally picked out an XDm, but wanted on in 9mm, so she put it on order and took her CHL with my Springfield Loaded 1911. She liked it so much she decided to get a 1911... she held everything in the case (we had to have stood there looking at 1911's for 2 hours) and nothing felt right. The clerk pulled out the Ed Brown and put it in my mom's hand and without even asking how much it cost she said, "I'll buy it, it's perfect." She's got the money, so it wasn't an issue and until her license was issued, she let me carry it... Oh well, my Springer was getting lonely anyway.

#12 ·
Kevin, tell you mother congrats from Jim and I. If she ever decides to move to the next level in training let us know. Also, we will be having a "friendly" on range shootout this spring... we will keep you both posted. One more thing if ole Ed ever needs to be stored I have room in my safe... Tell mom Hi.

#13 ·
That just adds to the list of people buying way nice first guns!!!! Very cool. Im jealous.

#23 ·
Lol... not AT ALL what I was expecting when I opened the post :smile:.

Congrats to your mother on the new paper, and on fine taste in weapons. Sounds like she raised you right too. I DO understand your sadness though, I'd miss it too. :yup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.