I got freaked out today!!

This is a discussion on I got freaked out today!! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I won't go in to too many details, but this is what happened to me about an hour ago. I was at work in the ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I got freaked out today!!

I got freaked out today!!

I won't go in to too many details, but this is what happened to me about an hour ago.

I was at work in the rest room reading DC.com on my Blackberry and when I was done with my original purpose I started to stand and pull up the ol boxers. It was a little more difficult than normal so when I tugged a little more, I heard it!

I heard one of the noises that we all dread, <clank>. I stopped and looked down to see my Sigma laying on the tile floor. "Crap" I blurted out and then I stopped to listen for any other porcelain riders, whew I'm alone in here.

I quickly buckled the belt and holstered my weapon, then listened some more to make sure I could hear over my heartbeat.

We have no written rules in our employment manual, but I don't want to test that with having dropped mine in rest room.

I have never had an issue with retention of my SuperTuck, I have wrestled with kids and even played whiffle ball with no issues.
    I guess the lesson here is, if the drawers are stuck pulling harder may not be the right answer
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

2. Remove Ads

Thanks for the chuckle. Glad no one else was in there with ya!
    "Let me control the textbooks, and I will control the state." - Adolf Hitler

Weapons hitting the hard floor is one of those sounds that when heard is immediately recognizeable even if you don't know what it is. Kind of like smelling a dead animal, you may not have experience with that odor, but most people know exactly what it is when they smell it for the first time. Glad no one was in there with you and you are the only one who knows about it. Good lesson for us all though.
    Sarge
    Sarge's Grips - grips that fit
    www.thefinergrain.com

Hey, just be glad that you did not have a discharge and shoot the porcelain pot. See the thread from a day or so ago.

At least it went clank and not splash or boom
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

VIP Member
    Well I'm glad everything came out alright for you!! (Pun intended)

Quote Originally Posted by dunndw View Post
    At least it went clank and not splash or boom
    As soon as I hear the clank I listened for the boom. It would be my luck somehow the firing pin would slam forward.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco

Don't you know your underwear forms the perfect "Gun Hammock" when you sit down!!! Try it works great!!

I have told the story before about my buddy who was a LA County Deputy at the time and he went to drop a duece in a mall restroom, there was a dude next to him doing the same, he went down and his model 60 snub went sliding towards the other dudes stall, he reached under and grabbed it back. Needless to say the other guy doesn't bother wiping he pulls up his britches and makes a run for it. My buddy knew what would soon happen so he cut things short and made a be line for the exit!! Use the gun hammock or a retention holster like the Bianchi Carry loc and this won't happen again!!

NCH
    Last edited by JD; January 16th, 2009 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Merged posts
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

We all shared a laugh or two at the expense of the guy in that other thread that shot the toilet when his pistol hit the ground and there was a fair amount of discussion that a good holster shouldn't allow that to happen but realistically, an IWB holster has a tendency to turn upside down from the weight of the gun while hiking up your drawers. Jostling around your pants trying to get everything realigned makes it difficult for even a good quality holster to hold onto your firearm. This is probably more information than anyone needs or wants to know, but I don't drop my drawers with my gun still holstered and it doesn't get reholstered until my pants are back up. Obviously, this creates other concerns like forgetting your handgun on the back of the toilet but if I'm responsible enough to carry a gun, I should be responsible enough to remember that the empty holster I just retucked and readjusted is missing something. Now, should your gun slide off the back of the toilet into the bowl that you haven't flushed yet, you're going to find out real quick just how much you like your EDC.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

You can get DC on your berry? I haven't tried as I thought the website wasn't compatible. I am gonna have to try that next time I am on a "personal break" at work.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaystekan View Post
    You can get DC on your berry? I haven't tried as I thought the website wasn't compatible. I am gonna have to try that next time I am on a "personal break" at work.
    It ain't pretty but it does work.

-Paco

After reading this I went and dropped/tossed my unloaded Glock on a couple of hard surfaces to see what it would sound like. Even though I dropped it from only a foot of height, it made a very loud sound. Loud enough that you couldn't mistake it for a dropped cell phone, so I can see how anyone that was present in the bathroom would ask themselves what could possibly make such a noise and put 2+2 together.

Quote Originally Posted by larefugee View Post
    After reading this I went and dropped/tossed my unloaded Glock on a couple of hard surfaces to see what it would sound like. Even though I dropped it from only a foot of height, it made a very loud sound. Loud enough that you couldn't mistake it for a dropped cell phone, so I can see how anyone that was present in the bathroom would ask themselves what could possibly make such a noise and put 2+2 together.
    Yeah, the Sigma fell only about 6 inches and it was a VERY distinct sound.

What just hit me as the saddest part is as soon as I knew I was in the clear my next thought was, "I gotta tell everyone at DC.com about this." Not sure if that means I have a problem or not.

-Paco

Wow thought we were on the verge of another porcelain explosion story!!
    I carry a gun because cops are too heavy!
    Take my advice, Don't take my advice!

I know at times an emergency hits and I have to use a public stall. My body systems are on a regular schedule so I have trained this function of waste elimination to happen at home. I can't imagine the horrifying experience of ones precious weapon "clanking" onto the bacteria infested floor. I see a market for latex gloves and gun friendly disinfectant to be added to the cleaning kit.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links