From craigslist for Tampa, Fl: NOT THE GA ROBBERY

This is a discussion on From craigslist for Tampa, Fl: NOT THE GA ROBBERY within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't see anything wrong with it, other than the compensation seems pretty low. It appears that a group of home owners are interested in ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: From craigslist for Tampa, Fl: NOT THE GA ROBBERY

I don't see anything wrong with it, other than the compensation seems pretty low.

It appears that a group of home owners are interested in hiring a neighborhood watch. People do that all the time in other venues (banks, stores, gas stations...etc). Some neighborhoods could use an extra set of eyes. It isn't like they are asking for the Magnificent Seven, just someone too keep an eye on things and call in the authorities if necessary.

2. Remove Ads

carry a weapon of their own and have a security guard class d and g license

that would be the key in that sentence.

I can see this as a legitimate thing.

Anybody got the number for 2 Men and a Truck? I think I might move my family of 6 down there as long as I could find another sweet gig like that!

Sounds to me like they had a breakin or saw something suspicious and want some comfort so they can sleep better while keeping as much money as they can. I can just see how that meeting went....

Big John "so waddyall think about getting a guy with a gun?"
    Sue "Well it better be legal or I want nothing to do with this nonsense!"
    Big John "itll be legal alright...(grumbling b/c he doesn' like Sue)
    Rhonda "well don't bad people have working hours?"
    Pete "My cousins boy is a bad dude and I file his taxes and he only works from 2:30am to 5am, makes dumb good money too!"
    Sue "well then if we hire sombody to patrol the neighborhood from 2:30 to 5:00am we are all perfectly safe!"
    Tight Herman "I ain't payin more than $1 per night! I'll get shot in my sleep or robbed blind if I gotta pay more than that!"
    Quiet Steve "hmm...if I am doing my math right...we each pay $0.75 a night and...well then between all of us we can pay somebody like peanuts to do the job."
    Big John "Yall give me a couple beers a night und ill do it fer nuttin!!!"
    Uproar in the crowd (with Sue thinking it was Big John that has been causing the trouble in the first place cuz she swears she saw his cowboy boot print in her daisies!)
    Sue "Well as long as its legal"...
    Pray for our nations leaders!

Surprising, that an entire neighborhood cannot come up with a half-dozen folks of their own ranks to belly up to the bar and commit. One hired gun isn't going to keep a neighborhood safe. However, an entire neighborhood that's got elevated situational awareness, commitment and has folks out and about with the means to defend themselves is something altogether different.

Agreed, on the cheap part: $7/hr without a (legal defense fund) safety net seems little better than flipping burgers at the local greasy spoon.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Surprising, that an entire neighborhood cannot come up with a half-dozen folks of their own ranks to belly up to the bar and commit. One hired gun isn't going to keep a neighborhood safe. However, an entire neighborhood that's got elevated situational awareness, commitment and has folks out and about with the means to defend themselves is something altogether different.

Agreed, on the cheap part: $7/hr without a (legal defense fund) safety net seems little better than flipping burgers at the local greasy spoon.
    That's what I was thinking. I walk around my neighborhood and watch for things while doing so. I am pretty sure there are others in our neighborhood who do also.

Sounds like these people don't want to be bothered with watching their own neighborhood, so they want to hire someone who will do it for them. I would think that (in this case) it's not so much that the SG will get into altercations, or even investigate disturbances, but more just alert the police if he sees something suspicious (just like the neighbors should be doing).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links