Handgunlaw.us is Changing - Page 3

Handgunlaw.us is Changing

This is a discussion on Handgunlaw.us is Changing within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Another thanks for a great site. With all the conflicting info out there it is good to be able to trust an internet site. Will ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Another thanks for a great site. With all the conflicting info out there it is good to be able to trust an internet site.

Will the NYC page have celebrity links?

Distinguished Member Array GWRedDragon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sss View Post
    handgunlaw.us is a great site and an amazing resource, but one of the changes is a bit -- for lack of a better word -- annoying to me.

I noticed that you guys recently changed the state links from JPG images to PDFs. While this certainly makes it much easier to print out the pages for a "hard copy" reference, it's made it more difficult to view the pages as a quick reference (i.e. for use in forums, IMs, etc.). It's much faster to load an image than it is to wait for the Adobe plugin to load, and then work with the PDF.

Is it possible for you guys to restore access to the images, while keeping the PDFs in place for users who want to print the information?

Thanks!
    +1. I agree 100%.
    "Trust in God with hand on sword" -Inscription on my family's coat of arms from medieval England
    ---Carry options: G26/MTAC, PF9/MiniTuck, PPK/Pocket, USP40/OWB---
    ---NOTE: I am not an expert. If I ever start acting like a know-it-all, please call me on it immediately. ---

Gary,

Thanks for a great site! I know it has to be a lot of work keeping up with the ever-changing laws, but you do a very good job of it.

Bobo
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

Arkansas....the site says
    Permit/License Info Public Information: NO
    Actually permit holders' information IS publicly available. I've been down that road before. I have a list of permit holders names and addresses for four counties. I can get all 60,000+ records if I ask.

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar
    Ram Rod, that petition is for Open Carry. That doesn't say that CCW Permit info is a public record. Can you give me some more details? I get emails everyday about this law or that law but I have to have some way to confirm them. Any help you would give me would be greatly appreciated. Please email me at admins@handgunlaw.us I will see that much quicker and I could miss it if you post it here. I try to read everything but I am human and can overlook it. Thank you again and
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

Thanks everyone for the kind words. You are the ones who deserve most of the credit. You send me the info that keeps the site up to date. I can't be in all places and see all the changes. No one can do it all. You make it much easier for me. Thank you again.

As for the PDF files. Those make it harder to copy and use elsewhere. No it does not stop everyone. We have had whole pages copied and put on other sites. One site had every map from our site posted on their web site. We enjoy supplying the information but we also what to make sure what has our name on it is also as up to date as possible. That is why we use PDF files. Plus I did HTML at another site and using Word or Excell and converting to PDF takes 1/4 the time. Time is the most important thing as if it takes to much time then it won't get done. Steve and I both have lives to live and taking care a website takes a lot of time.

When we started Handgunlaw.us the first thing we decided on was to make it as easy as possible to take care of and to cut down on how much time it took to keep it up. IF it takes to much time we can't keep up. I am sorry we can't please everyone 100% of the time.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Gary,
    I agree with SSS. I can not read the pdf without printing it out.
    Great site otherwise.

Semper Fi

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    Love the new layout!!
    "Run for your life from the man who tells you that money is evil. That sentence is the leper's bell of an approaching looter. So long as men live together on earth and need means to deal with one another-their only substitute, if they abandon money, is the muzzle of a gun."

Who is John Galt?

The default when opening the files is set to open in a full screen so it is most likey not at 100% on your screen. Look at the top of the file after it opens and there will be a block that says 54% or something like that. Click on it and then make it 100% and you will be able to read it.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slider View Post
    Ram Rod, that petition is for Open Carry. That doesn't say that CCW Permit info is a public record. Can you give me some more details? I get emails everyday about this law or that law but I have to have some way to confirm them. Any help you would give me would be greatly appreciated. Please email me at admins@handgunlaw.us I will see that much quicker and I could miss it if you post it here. I try to read everything but I am human and can overlook it. Thank you again and
    Sent you some info today. Hope this helps. Keep up the good work Gary! Thanks.

Thanks for making this great site even better, Gary. I have some comments on the PA page regarding the PA License To Carry Firearms (LTCF) which I will email to your admin address.
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

Gary, HUGE THANK YOU for the site. ALL of my students get the web address in their students packets and I discuss your site as "the" database to go to for the answers.

There's a couple things wrong on the Ohio page. I'll shoot you a PM.
    Member of the National Rifle Association's Board of Directors
    www.BuckeyeFirearms.org Buckeye Firearms Association Central OH Chair
    NRA Instructor/CCW Instructor/Realtor
    2009 NRA Sybil Ludington Women's Freedom Award Recipient

I also want to extend my thanks to you. I've utilized your site numerous times in answering questions from people in other states than where I reside. CREDIT is given to your site each and every time.

I'd like to add my "thank you" for the site as well. It is a wonderful resource for travel planning!

Let me add a "Thank You", I tavel a lot and your page is my first stop!
    William Wallace
    Do not stand between Me and Mine!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links