Empty Holster in View

Empty Holster in View

This is a discussion on Empty Holster in View within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was with the wife and grandkids at the local Chinese restaurant today when I noticed a young man walk in with a Fobus holster ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Empty Holster in View

Empty Holster in View

I was with the wife and grandkids at the local Chinese restaurant today when I noticed a young man walk in with a Fobus holster on but no firearm, looked like it was for a Glock or Sig. His pullover shirt was long enough to cover all but an inch of the holster but he had it tucked behind the holster.
    Since we both walked up to the buffet at the same time I thought I would ask him about the empty holster in case he was under a false impression about the carry laws.
    ďSo, how come the empty holster.Ē ďI sometimes leave it in the car when I go to eat.Ē ďWell, Alabama allows open carry as long as you donít enter a vehicle and you can get a carry permit if you donít have one.Ē ď Donít need one, Iím a police officer, it kind of sticks into my side sitting in a booth.Ē ďOK, hope you donít run across a crook with a grudge.Ē
    Apparently a new hire with the department I didnít know and he didnít have badge displayed. I was amazed that he would not carry when we all desire to have the freedom to carry unencumbered by laws or worry about sheeple panic. He had his wife and small child with him also.
    The other thing I noticed, because I looked around when I first saw him, was that none of the other people reacted to the holster, I donít think anyone would have noticed even if he had a pistol; most people, I am convinced, donít pay attention to whatís around them.

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Sounds like he needs a paddle holster and just remove the entire rig instead of just the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by orangevol View Post
    Sounds like he needs a paddle holster and just remove the entire rig instead of just the gun.
    Sounds like he just needs a paddle to his behind. Maybe spank some common sense into him.

-JT

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    Seen that before and have also participated in that ritual. + 1 on the chinese food part of it.
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

Sounds like he just needs a good holster so that his gun does not dig into his side.

Probably just not a gun guy. as you talk with various LEO's you will find some could care less about guns. the gun is just another piece of equipment for the job.

Crazy.... As a LEO and a father and husband, I will do my upmost to protect my family. Open carry is legal where I live, and when I go into town, I carry, even if it gets uncomfortable. I think LEO's might have more to worry about than non LEO's just because of the job description, then again, BG's don't just pick out LEO's do they? Anyway, I hope he changes his opinion and ALWAYS carries.
    c
    Obama used "hope" and "change" to win the presidency.... Benjamin Franklin wrote in Poor Richard's Almanac, "He that lives upon Hope will die fasting." On change, John Adams wrote, "A Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."

Poor training at the academy?

VIP Member
    As hard as it might be to believe... some police officers don't even like guns! I know, it ought to be a requirement!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I don't have that problem because I carry my Commander in a Beltster holster (google it).

The minimal holster is actually built into the belt and when I take the handgun out it looks perfectly like a nice dress belt.

I also do not have to go through the hassle of unthreading and rethreading my belt to get a holster on and off.

...Skye...

Lots of people don't pay attention to what's around them..........I drive the same roads they do every day! It's a fact!

Most people today carry at least one cell phone on their belt so nobody notices lumps or bumps at all. See a lot of people w/ multi tools too.

The sheeple don't see anything except what has them fixated for that moment. You know, the real important stuff like the buffet or the phone call or the text message etc.. The only people that notice much are the concealed carry folks since we are always doing a threat assessment.

I can't understand a LEO not carrying a weapon though. Perhaps he had a backup that could not be seen.

I've heard that many PDs require their officers to carry off duty. Is this true?
    Question Everything!

Was he friendly in tone when you spoke to him, or did he sound defensive?

Interesting exchange...

Sounds like he just needs a good holster so that his gun does not dig into his side.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Got a couple of them Fobus holsters around here somewhere that I bought before I knew any better?
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

He was quite friendly as we were talking. My original intent on striking up the conversation was to help him understand Alabama law so that he could always defend his family. He didn't ask anything about me, all I really got from my parting statement was,HHHmmm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links