Defensive Carry banner

The funniest thing happened

3K views 20 replies 19 participants last post by  sgaterboy 
#1 · (Edited)
So I was in my local Fred Meyer (huge wal-mart type store) on Sunday with my wife and daughter, and we were getting a cart. As I was waiting for my wife to grab the cart I suddenly heard a very definitive "thunk". I looked down, and saw my Glock G33 magazine laying at my feet. Seems it was moved to the point of no return when I got out of the car, and the smallest nudge from my arm sent it falling. I almost screamed like a little girl (but resisted the urge :wink:) and picked the mag up. My wife and I looked at each other with a look of amazement. Only a few people were standing near me, and I don't think anybody saw. I don't think I have moved that fast in a long time....for a second there I kind of felt like this --> :twak:

EDITED TO ADD: I guess I was unclear on the situation. The mag was my spare. It came out of my kydex holster on my weak side. Initially we both thought it was the whole gun when we hear the "thunk"...man that seems loud as a gunshot when you aren't expecting it. Good thing it wasn't the whole gun...

#4 ·
I would either look at how your clothing might have wedged in there and tripped the mag release, or throw away your holster and get one that keeps the mag release trapped and unable to engage. I move like Rocky every day at my job (service tech. for big equipment) and my Supertuck has never come close to pooping my mag on the floor.

Sure it's funny (and it is, no doubt) but it could turn into deadly if it happens at the wrong time. Glad everything turned out okay, but figure out what went wrong... for you and your family's sake!

#5 ·
It probably looked like you had dropped a Milky Way candy bar to the sheep. A rather heavy Milky Way. Cry like a little girl? Yeah....well, maybe you should have, but it wouldn't have done any good. Chalk it up to another one of those live and learn experiences, and if it happens more than once, just go home and shoot yourself in the foot. At least that way you will have something to cry about. Your pistol is with you, you and your pistol need to be one. It's just like driving a car on the highway......you know it, and you can tell when one of the tires is out of balance, or going flat. Become one with your tools, and then you'll know when something is out of place or not up to par. Surprises are bad. Forget the embarrassment.....it's merely a reiteration of all those things you should have been doing all along in order to secure your future and that of your loved ones.

#6 ·
I was at wally world, pulled my keys out of my pocket and my speed loader went rolling down the isle,lol. 3 people saw it, but no one commented....I don't think they knew what it was.

#7 ·
Some mag releases buttons send them flying!

#8 ·
I was at a Wally World supercenter with a bank in it last year. A friend of mine is a teller there. The bank was empty,it was just her and another teller.So I went to say hi real quick. My spare mag shifted in my back pocket with my wallet. I went to put a receipt in my wallet,and without thinking,actually pulled out my spare mag and laid it on the counter! I saw what I did and quickly put it back in my pocket. I don't know if she saw it or not,but it was definitely awkward. :twak: :nono:

#9 ·
WOW! That is really somethin'... I can't say that I've that experience but I am glad that everything worked out okay. We live and learn! By the way, I have to say that I probably would have wanted to scream also if that happened to me but I am glad that cooler heads prevailed. BE Safe!

#14 ·
As soon as it hits the floor...that is when you want pick it up real quick, shake it, next...briefly hold it up to your ear - then immediately put it into your pocket and real loud say:

"Gosh darn! I dropped my PHONE again! I hope it still works!?!"

:rofl:

#20 ·
I had a AMT45 fall out onto the floor of a wal mart YEARS ago with a big thunk...and when I bent over to pick it up (good thing it was small enough for my hands to cover it up) a wal mart associate asked if there was a problem..I told her no, I had just dropped my pager.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.