New Hampshire non-resident application?

This is a discussion on New Hampshire non-resident application? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Let's see if you all can provide me an answer before the NH troopers manage to call me back. I am filling out the NH ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Hampshire non-resident application?

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar

New Hampshire non-resident application?

Let's see if you all can provide me an answer before the NH troopers manage to call me back.

I am filling out the NH non-res application. The instructions clearly state they will issue based on either a home state permit for the out of state applicant or on a non-resident permit from a third state. Being from Maryland, I can only apply based on my Florida permit.

The problem is that the application only has a field labeled 'Home-State Permit No.' So, for those that may have done this before, should I fill that out with my FL permit (indicating it is from Florida), or leave it blank and just attach the (required) photocopy of the FL permit?

Also, there is a field to fill out providing a reason for the application. Is this just bookkeeping or do they actually care about the reason for determining if the application gets approved or not? I intend to put down, "Travel to New Hampshire," but don't want to risk getting a permit application denied...

ETA: Okay, so I just saw the part of the instructions, which I managed to miss the first time around, pertaining to 'Reasons.' Apparently the only two acceptable answers are 'Protection' or 'All proper purposes.' Weird. Guess I am going with the latter...

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by kazzaerexys; January 21st, 2009 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Additional info.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

2. Remove Ads

I used the number off of my home state permit, Va. I used "personal protection" as a reason for the permit.

If you have a FL permit then put that number down. You know the reasons. They were pretty quick with mine back in 2006. I got it in about a week.

same with mine,I also sent them a copy of my home state permit

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    Worth 20 $ in my book.
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Almost two months and waiting for mine...
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

I went through the same thing...

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Almost two months and waiting for mine...
    So I decided to call and inquire, I had to leave a message giving my name and address. I never did receive a call back, but the next business day my check cleared the bank and three days later I had my permit. I think sometimes it helps to "remind" them.
    Ruger Super Blackhawk .44mag,Glock 17, Glock 19,Taurus 92 9mm,Llama .38, Taurus .38,Bersa Thunder .380,S&W Model 22A .22,Western Auto .22 ,NAA .22 Mag, Mini- Mini 14 .223,Mossberg 12 Gauge.

Well, I did get to talk to somebody in the Permit unit, and sure enough, I was told to put the third party (Florida) permit number in the field, despite the "home state" label.

I was also reassured that all permits issued by NH are for "all proper purposes", so the reason field doesn't matter all that match. Anyway, the envelope hits the mail today, and they say they are running about three weeks for processing at the moment...
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    Well, I did get to talk to somebody in the Permit unit, and sure enough, I was told to put the third party (Florida) permit number in the field, despite the "home state" label.

I was also reassured that all permits issued by NH are for "all proper purposes", so the reason field doesn't matter all that match. Anyway, the envelope hits the mail today, and they say they are running about three weeks for processing at the moment...
    THREE WEEKS?!?!?!? My check was dated 12/12/08. Guess I need to drop them a line.
    You'll rock, with a 357 Glock

Quote Originally Posted by Spike32 View Post
    THREE WEEKS?!?!?!? My check was dated 12/12/08. Guess I need to drop them a line.
    Yeah, I would call. You may have to leave a message, but they got back to me the same day. Good luck. I plan on being up there start of April and would like to be covered by then.

Worse comes to worst, I may have something to offer in the Open Carry forum.

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    Informed today that they are 6-7 weeks behind normal schedule.
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

Quote Originally Posted by preachertim View Post
    Informed today that they are 6-7 weeks behind normal schedule.
    Mine took about 1 month. With the gun sales booming right now, it's not a stretch that the CC permits are backed up as well, especially in NH's case since it's cheap and easy.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Mine took a month and a half about two years ago. The nice thing was that any time I made an inquiry over the phone to an aswering machine it was always answered with a follow up call by the NHSP.

I sent mine it on Dec 4th

I still have not heard anything back on it yet. no cashed check or anything.

is there any way to check on it.

steve

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by kazzaerexys View Post
    Yeah, I would call. You may have to leave a message, but they got back to me the same day. Good luck. I plan on being up there start of April and would like to be covered by then.

Worse comes to worst, I may have something to offer in the Open Carry forum.
    I called today and was informed the current wait time is 7 weeks.
    You'll rock, with a 357 Glock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links