Got made today... at daycare

This is a discussion on Got made today... at daycare within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This could have gone badly, but luckily it didn't. I went to go pick up my kiddos from daycare. I was concealed like I always ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got made today... at daycare

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar

Thumbs down Got made today... at daycare

This could have gone badly, but luckily it didn't. I went to go pick up my kiddos from daycare. I was concealed like I always do at daycare. I figure there is no sense in stirring up un-wanted attention. Basically daycare is one of the few... and I mean FEW places that I don't OC. But since it is winter I have been CCing lately.

Anyway. I have my T-shirt tucked in my pants and have my Glock 36 in my Blackhawk Serpa OWB holster at about my 3:30 under my somewhat overly large jacket. It does a good job at concealing my Glock without much printing.

I proceed to go in the daycare to my sons room. There are about 8 toddlers running around, and my son comes over to me as do about 3 other toddlers. I was careful to make sure my strong side was against the wall to keep tiny fingers from my Glock.

I proceed to get my sons jacket and as I was knelt down to put it on, my 6 o'clock was facing the wall again guarding my strong side to keep tiny fingers away. Another child then proceeds to come up and tug on the front of my jacket. I push him back a bit so I could get my sons jacket on, and he comes back up and pulls my jacket clear of my Glock exposing it.

The teacher looks up eyes wide as saucers, and just as quick I had it covered again. She continued as if nothing happened, but seemed overly nervous. I said good bye like I normally do and made haste outta there.

Who knows what she'll say to her boss or other teachers... but I have a feeling it won't be good.

2. Remove Ads

If I were you I would _preemptively_ contact that teacher like right the heck now by phone and detail to her your intentions and how this was an accident and that you are not being unlawful in carrying at a daycare,or anywhere else. Talk to her about your resume of training if need be.
    Do whatever you can to calm her down and reduce any fear she might have about you, and your having had a GUn at her daycare.

As to you, next time zip/button up your coat so that this cannot happen!

When around small children you have to expect such things to occur.
    Wear better cover _and_ wear cover that can be and is secured so as to far better prevent exposure as you describe.

Now get on the phone, right now, before she does to the other workers and one of them calls the cops on you.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Yeah I'd call her and let her know its for protection, and she should feel safer when you are there picking up your kid

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    If I were you I would _preemptively_ contact that teacher like right the heck now by phone and detail to her your intentions and how this was an accident and that you are not being unlawful in carrying at a daycare,or anywhere else. Talk to her about your resume of training if need be.
    Do whatever you can to calm her down and reduce any fear she might have about you, and your having had a GUn at her daycare.

As to you, next time zip/button up your coat so that this cannot happen!

When around small children you have to expect such things to occur.
    Wear better cover _and_ wear cover that can be and is secured so as to far better prevent exposure as you describe.

Now get on the phone, right now, before she does to the other workers and one of them calls the cops on you.

- Janq
    It's already taken care of. They actually called me... she was cool with it, just shocked, thats all.

My jacket was zipped up, what he did was tug up on it, and from the way I was sitting the jacket basically rode my Glock up and over the gun.

That's good news!

Was your holster IWB or OWB?

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    That's good news!

Was your holster IWB or OWB?

- Janq
    Blackhawk Serpa OWB.

VIP Member
    Glad it worked out ok. Who called You the Teacher or the Boss.

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    wow , glad it turned out ok
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

Quote Originally Posted by ccman View Post
    Glad it worked out ok. Who called You the Teacher or the Boss.
    The boss did, but the teacher was there. They said it will stay confidential. Just be careful from now on.

I'm more surprised they didn't wig out on me. When I saw daycare on the caller ID I was like, "oh god, here we go"...

VIP Member
    I'm more surprised they didn't wig out on me. When I saw daycare on the caller ID I was like, "oh god, here we go"...

Your Heart must have stopped for a second.

Good deal. .

More fallout yet to come, maybe? Hope not, live and learn could have been worse.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

They called you!? Wow! What did they say? Did they call to confirm that you had a gun at the school today? Did they ask you not to bring it in there again? Please divulge the details.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    The boss did, but the teacher was there. They said it will stay confidential. Just be careful from now on.

Sorry it happened...but I am comfused about "wig out"...to whom would they wig you out? Is daycare is an off-limits (re:law) place?

Rick

It's not a prohibited place in PA. At least that is my understanding. I explained the law, and why I carry. She seemed receptive and just asked me to be careful from now on. That was that.

OOPS!!

Not oops.....but an OOPS!!

Self note.

Be glad it's like

Instead of ........

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links