And the battle rages on - Page 2

And the battle rages on

This is a discussion on And the battle rages on within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SIXTO Terry vs. Ohio says its not illegal. Wrong? Yes. Illegal? No. If it was just known Pro 2A people, then it ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: And the battle rages on

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Terry vs. Ohio says its not illegal. Wrong? Yes. Illegal? No.
    If it was just known Pro 2A people, then it is profiling. If they did everyone, then it would be legal, at least that is my understanding.

It is a shame that Cali and all the political infinite wisdom still has not figured out that most of their pollution that have led to their super EPA standards for emissions is coming from China.

Hopefully this new sheriff will step way over the line and get ousted in short order. The media (as much as we love them) can be your friend if the right info gets to them.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

You’d love Florida’s sunshine law.

Everything a state, county or city employee does on the job is public record. That includes emails, and phone records.

I volunteer as a consultant and advisor for a state of Florida agency, and all my emails to them and from them, my personal records, and even my counsel is public record. Anyone from the media, or an attorney can request those records.

Even when we have an “official” meeting it’s recorded and a transcript is available.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    If it was just known Pro 2A people, then it is profiling. If they did everyone, then it would be legal, at least that is my understanding.
    Profiling isn't illegal. Thats what cops do. The rhyming reverends would have you believe that it is illegal, but it is not.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by tns0038 View Post
    You’d love Florida’s sunshine law.

Everything a state, county or city employee does on the job is public record. That includes emails, and phone records.

I volunteer as a consultant and advisor for a state of Florida agency, and all my emails to them and from them, my personal records, and even my counsel is public record. Anyone from the media, or an attorney can request those records.

Even when we have an “official” meeting it’s recorded and a transcript is available.
    I believe that CA is the same way and that's why it's wrong for the Sheriff of OC to attempt to block the request....

Profiling isn't illegal. Thats what cops do. The rhyming reverends would have you believe that it is illegal, but it is not.
    Actually what we're dealing with here is harassment of a registered political group.

I'd expect nothing less from Kommiefornia. It's a darned shame the general public has allowed the left wingers to go this far off center. My only advise is to move, MOVE, East. There are several states would welcome you, and are more CCW friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sarge View Post
    I'd expect nothing less from Kommiefornia. It's a darned shame the general public has allowed the left wingers to go this far off center. My only advise is to move, MOVE, East. There are several states would welcome you, and are more CCW friendly.
    Retreat? OK, so as a collective we give up on CA and then what... when next state starts going "south" or "east" we do what... retreat again? And again? And stop where?

Moving east, or anywhere else, would actually make it easier for ridiculous laws to be passed in CA and used as "positive" examples for other anti-gunners proposals in more gun-friendly states. We fight vigorously to prevent stupid laws from being passed.

Sometimes we're successful, sometimes not. Look at microstamping. The way the law is written, it is very unlikely that it can ever be implemented. Yes, it looks very bad, and that's unfortunate. But despite being on the books, can it ever be put into the rule of law? Very very unlikely.

That's funny
    Kali is being run by hollywood, the STARS are scared of the public.
    Never give up fighting, but look at the size hill you have to climb.
    I don't see a happy ending for your fight
    It looks like Washington is lost and each State will have a fight to keep what ground it has gained over the last few years...Good Luck!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Huzar, I truely do apoligize for my first remarks. I do know what you are talking about. We have a different situation going on in my little valley. The School Districts and LEO's have teamed up since Columbine. Any thing that the LEO's tell the Districts seems to go. Fear mongering about gangs and school shootings. A decal seen on more than one vehicle in the school parking lot will bring in the Gang Task Force. High School kids are being pulled over because an officer sees something like this. He then calls in the Task Force to investigate. 9 out of 10 times the kid is arrested for Gang Affiliation. Legal or not, it costs time and money to get your kid out of trouble. Minors have no Rights here and it falls back on them to prove innocense.
    This goes to show, give the Powers to Be a little power and they will use it against you.

Quote Originally Posted by trapper T View Post
    Huzar, I truely do apoligize for my first remarks. I do know what you are talking about. We have a different situation going on in my little valley. The School Districts and LEO's have teamed up since Columbine. Any thing that the LEO's tell the Districts seems to go. Fear mongering about gangs and school shootings. A decal seen on more than one vehicle in the school parking lot will bring in the Gang Task Force. High School kids are being pulled over because an officer sees something like this. He then calls in the Task Force to investigate. 9 out of 10 times the kid is arrested for Gang Affiliation. Legal or not, it costs time and money to get your kid out of trouble. Minors have no Rights here and it falls back on them to prove innocense.
    This goes to show, give the Powers to Be a little power and they will use it against you.
    Thanks... my reply might have been a bit harsh too as it's an uphill battle and while we're not willing to give up on it, we are frustrating at those who did or tell us to do so :D

But setting that aside, I think all states have issues. AZ which has probably some of the nicest firearm related laws has some of the most stupid concealed carry laws.... you can't cc in places that have alcohol... that limits lots of places that you can go eat...

In other states where CCW is widely available you have gun free zones.... it all adds up and I think we're all in the same fight just on different fronts. Look at Virginia: there is an attempt to change their laws regarding firearms as well.....

So..... lets all not give up and just keep on fighting!

Quote Originally Posted by JAT40 View Post
    Abuse of power by the liberal elite has spilled over into law enforcement. I'm thinking slippery slope, the number one reason why I will never surrender my weapons.

+ Infinity

I wouldnt vote for her next time. How to lose votes and not get re-elected.

Quote Originally Posted by community View Post
    I wouldnt vote for her next time. How to lose votes and not get re-elected.
    Well here's the problem.. she didn't get elected! She was appointed by the board of supervisors to replace the sheriff that stepped down to fight federal charges of corruption (he won his case btw, but lets not belabour on that one as that's a side topic that has no bearing on this one). She sang the right song... she danced the proper dance.... and then she said: I wont do what people want me to do within the law, I'll do what I think is right as I know better then anyone else!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links