And the battle rages on

This is a discussion on And the battle rages on within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Huzar ... I'll do what I think is right as I know better then anyone else! Ooooh, the "Comply or Die" theory ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: And the battle rages on

Quote Originally Posted by Huzar View Post
    ... I'll do what I think is right as I know better then anyone else!
    Ooooh, the "Comply or Die" theory on law enforcement.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

2. Remove Ads

The question isn't surrendering your weapons, but which weapons. which weapons would you draw the line at, any? shotguns, pistols, rifles, they are not going to take them all at once, but one at a time, I don't remember anyone dying over the first assault weapons ban, what if they just took the pistols away, or just took the .50 cals away... would you be willing to sacrifice not just yourself, but your wife's life, or your child's life? if they didn't want all of your guns, but just your 45 cal and bigger. I guess my question is where do you draw the line? more importantly how far would you be willing to go. you would be branded a terrorist, your friends would disown you. you would have no help. they may go so far as to shoot your wife in front of you while she was holding your infant in her arms... they have done it before. would you be willing to run for the rest of your life, be cold be wet, having lost everything you have ever worked for or loved only to be hunted and killed. for a glock? if that was all they wanted, just the plastic guns, that could as they say easily slip through airport security?
    or the military guns the ones that were only designed to KILL people, like the 1911, what do you need a gun like that for anyway, you are not going to be hunting with it...
    and after all thats the only reason the second amendment was written was for the hunters.
    I only ask because this is what I have been struggling with so much lately, there is no easy answer. its easy to say no on the computer, but when the ATF agent has a gun to your wifes head its easier to say ok here you go....
    YouTube - National Guard Confiscating Guns in New Orleans (ABC NEWS)
    YouTube - NRA: The Untold Story of Gun Confiscation After Katrina

how many people were shot for refusing in New Orleans?

ok I just fell off my soapbox.

Quote Originally Posted by JAT40 View Post
    Abuse of power by the liberal elite has spilled over into law enforcement. I'm thinking slippery slope, the number one reason why I will never surrender my weapons.

The British hunters weren't worried about the handgun ban now their crying to0.
    YouTube - The British called - They want their guns back!

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Terry vs. Ohio says its not illegal. Wrong? Yes. Illegal? No.
    Sixto, for the first time I have to disagree with you. If that is the only reason for the search, then you have just discriminated aganst one group of law abiding persons. It would have to be random and applied to all in attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Kali scares the crap out of me.

OMG and with meg whitless for gov. !

just look how she destroyed ebay. what are you people thinking?

It can be interesting... Gestapo tactics sound about right.

I worked for the Courts, directly for the Admin Judge, doing investigations and all types of things... including tracking down violent offenders, etc. At one point, I was involved in a case the local police didn't like.... so they kept planting a car in front of my house, following me, etc. Live in a small town outside of a large city.

Nothing illegal , right ? Wrong. It's called initimidation and harrassment. When we were in Court I requested the Court issue an order for the Police to stop their harrassment. They said there was no proof. I walked up and put picture after picture after picture down, all date / timed, etc., as well as 3 videos they could view. And they asked what they were..... they were pictures of the police cars sitting in front of my house.

They ordered that the Police could not even drive by my house, sit in front of it, or come onto the property unless I had specifically called and requested them to be there. They said "what if we believe a crime is being committed"..... she (the Judge) told them that unless they were called by me... they better stay the hell away no matter what the hell they thought was going on.

This is the same police dept that when a City Counsel-woman, wanted the Police Chief fired for his tactics...... that her brake lines were cut (by some LEO"s), she was getting death threats, and several other things occurred and the Counsel-woman moved out of their jurisdiction.

I wouldn't have moved. I would have been armed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    This is the same police dept that when a City Counsel-woman, wanted the Police Chief fired for his tactics...... that her brake lines were cut (by some LEO"s), she was getting death threats, and several other things occurred and the Counsel-woman moved out of their jurisdiction.

oh, no say it aint so.

not in Kansas!

My Father was high up in the DA's office in Los Angeles in the 80's and early 90's, he has since gone to criminal defense.

A guy we know/client allegedly "donated" $50,000 and was deputized, basically just for the right to carry.

This same guy owed nearly $30,000,000 in back taxes after some charges were brought up. This story goes on and on and anyone from that area should know the story.

Now, I grew up around this guy and his family and they are nice guys, but we could say greedy or motivated by money. The problem I see is that even with convictions and continuous investigations, the right amount of money can get you the right to carry in some instances with the "right" sheriff...

Now, if I had money to burn, I'd do the same thing if I still lived in LA or if I ever found myself in NYC, but I am a law abiding citizen - some were not but still got the license. But, I believe at least some good judgment was used in handing out licenses or deputizing, even if money was involved.

Now, I appreciate Anderson's "commitment" to self-defense, it's just unfortunate that it "allegedly" wasn't always under perfect conditions, now those licenses are gone.. Had it been done with more discretion, maybe he's still be there. I really hope to see California come around. My Father had his license, but it was on a yearly basis and hasn't been renewed in some time.

He has said numerous times he wants to move to Texas where I am, I just hope he does. He's always been involved in CA politics and hates where it's gone and where it's going. Even though I don't live there and have no desire to move back, I still hope to see things change.

Jonathan

Since then the Sheriff has played "footsies" with the citizens of OC and in her latest attempts to intimidate and discredit CCW holders she brought in plain clothes officers (SWAT included) to the Orange County Board of Supervisors meeting who then singled out folks who were affiliated with the CCW group and patted them down and or "inquired" about wether they're armed or not.
    For those who still had valid CA CCW permits issued by the previous Sheriff, would it have been illegal to carry at the Board of Supervisors meeting? I know that varies by state - what's the law in CA, or can local governments make their own rules (i.e. no state pre-emption)?
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    That's funny
    Kali is being run by hollywood, the STARS are scared of the public.
    Never give up fighting, but look at the size hill you have to climb.
    I don't see a happy ending for your fight
    It looks like Washington is lost and each State will have a fight to keep what ground it has gained over the last few years...Good Luck!
    How is Washington "lost"? It has shall-issue CCW (and a pretty nice one too IIRC). Are they trying to repeal this or something?
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Not that Id want a bunch of folks to lose their lives and lively hoods but....

I cant wait till that earthquake comes and drops that state off our map.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Quote Originally Posted by rmarkob View Post
    For those who still had valid CA CCW permits issued by the previous Sheriff, would it have been illegal to carry at the Board of Supervisors meeting? I know that varies by state - what's the law in CA, or can local governments make their own rules (i.e. no state pre-emption)?
    It's a posted location and they would be guilty of tresspass. They were also using some loophole within the CA laws that would allow them to charge folks for more then tresspass as that was a county government building (complicated and I don't remember all of the explanation myself).

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    Not that Id want a bunch of folks to lose their lives and lively hoods but....

I cant wait till that earthquake comes and drops that state off our map.
    gee thanks... I kind of like it here....

gee thanks... I kind of like it here....
    Sorry. Some nice places there, but chock full of ID10Ts. We have weekly prayers for seismic activity. Good of the many type of situation here.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Sorry. Some nice places there, but chock full of ID10Ts. We have weekly prayers for seismic activity. Good of the many type of situation here.
    Not to point a finger back.. but what's up with CO disallowing non resident CCW's? Each place has it's own set of issues... instead of for praying they go away, help us change them... and if you have no way of helping then then keep your fingers crossed.. pray or do whatever is appropriate in support....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links