And the battle rages on - Page 4

And the battle rages on

This is a discussion on And the battle rages on within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Huzar Not to point a finger back.. but what's up with CO disallowing non resident CCW's? Each place has it's own set ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: And the battle rages on

Quote Originally Posted by Huzar View Post
    Not to point a finger back.. but what's up with CO disallowing non resident CCW's? Each place has it's own set of issues... instead of for praying they go away, help us change them... and if you have no way of helping then then keep your fingers crossed.. pray or do whatever is appropriate in support....
    Believe me, all of us here are supporting you in your cause, and we all would very much like to see another state get listed as "Shall Issue" and mean it. We would all like to see reciprocity among each other instead of this need for a non res permit.

Cali does have other issues though, and those issues are infectious.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Sticks View Post
    Believe me, all of us here are supporting you in your cause, and we all would very much like to see another state get listed as "Shall Issue" and mean it. We would all like to see reciprocity among each other instead of this need for a non res permit.

We are hoping to make CCW an election issue and making CA a shall issue state. It's not something that we expect in the near future but that is our end goal...

Bingo.... We have a winner Chuck! LOL
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

I am a ticked off at the previous administration in OC - this administration is apparently worse. I used to live in Aliso Viejo and worked for 9 years on Camp Pendleton on active duty. When a Marine with no marks at all on his legal record and a history of voluntary community service is denied a CCW it ticks me the hell off. At least OC is better about it then SD County or LA County. Any how, good luck with your fight there. You guys have a long way to go. If I was there I would be happy to join you at protests, ballot boxes or where ever the hell else we could make a difference. EVERY state should be like AK - no CCW permit required.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Kalifornia Freedom

Lets sacrifice one state to the EU liberal believers to all move.
    "Politicians and Bureaucrats, depend very much on the complicity of their victims, and like criminals, are flummoxed when we don't play the victim role."

Quote Originally Posted by tabsr View Post
    Lets sacrifice one state to the EU liberal believers to all move.
    Sticks

A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by Huzar View Post
    We are hoping to make CCW an election issue and making CA a shall issue state. It's not something that we expect in the near future but that is our end goal...
    Good for you. I spent 12 years in California and a number of my friends and co-workers were gun owners who supported the 2nd ammendment and belonged to the NRA. They may be in the minority but they are there and deserve our support for sure. I sincerely hope the "shall issue" thing someday happens for California.

Looks like it is a "mortal battle". Here's some info about results of some of the PRA's. I gotta say that they're, well.... stunning
    Sheriff’s department in ‘mortal battle’ with CCW folks - Orange Punch - OCRegister.com

Here's another one

Assistant Chief Hillmann mocks Supervisor Nguyen - Orange Punch - OCRegister.com

And if any of you have a few moments, post up a comment in the articles supporting our cause.

Thanks.

VIP Member
    Wow, the sheriff and her people sound like real class acts.
    If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them.--Samuel Adams as Candidus, Boston Gazette 20 Jan. 1772

Veteran--USA FA
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Tennessee Firearms Association Life

In the immortal words of Eric Cartman;

"You will respect my athoritohn!"
    Sticks

See also Sheep

I posted this on another forum and I'll post it here too.

This is a BIG deal, with ramifications that could echo up and down the state. Orange County is the third largest urban county in the state. What happens here has the potential to have a major impact on state policy. On firearms forums like this one and THR and TFL, you constantly see posters slamming CA, and bemoaning "how f***ed up things are there", and "why bother with Commie CA, it's a hopeless case", and "I'm so glad I left there."

Understand something - now more than ever, especially with our new President, people in other parts of the country cannot afford to ignore what is happening in CA. They are comfortable because they have their CCWs and good gun laws and that's all they want, but what happens here will spread unless it is stopped. Heller and possible state incorporation have given us a good foundation to launch from, but until folks start acting like Americans who care about the rights other Americans, instead of seeing us as "those Commifornians," the struggle will continue and it will come to your states. To quote a line from the first Terminator movie: "The battle for the future will be fought here."

Huzar, thanks for posting the links to the news articles.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links