Might Start Shopping More at Radio Shack

This is a discussion on Might Start Shopping More at Radio Shack within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So, my buddy and I go into radio shack to get some headsets for our 2 way radios last night. As soon as we walk ...

So, my buddy and I go into radio shack to get some headsets for our 2 way radios last night. As soon as we walk in, we are immediately asked if we need help. We said we were just looking at the time. We found a headset we liked, but there was only one. We stood there debating on what to do when we were asked if we needed help again. We asked about the headset and if they had anymore. Thankfully they did have some in the back. Now, here's the best part. As we're going up to the counter to pay, I noticed the manager is open carrying at his 3 o clock. I don't know what Radio Shack's policy is about this, but I was naturally pleased to see that. So in short, don't rob Radio Shack
    "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him."-Jeremiah 17:7

Radio shack if all about customer service all employees get a commission on what they sell so if there is one than one person in there you are certain to get good service. I personally dont shop there cause they dont carry the things i look for any more (electronic components rather than whole electronics). But it is a very customer friendly store though a bit pricy in my opinion.

VIP Member
    Unless Radio Shack has changed their corporate policy employees are prohibited from carrying any type of weapon at work. Granted I have not worked their in about 5 years, but don't see a change in policy occurring.

I personally don't like Radio Shack, they always are more expensive then other stores and their selection is limited (plus sometimes the quality is crap) but in some cases there are no other choices depending on what I need.

That said, interesting to see if they actually allow that. Most retail stores do not allow their employees to carry.
    Inter arma enim silent leges
    "For among times of arms, the laws fall mute"

Are there any National chains that DO allow their employees to carry and have it in writing? I'd be interested to know.
    Sarge's Grips - grips that fit
    www.thefinergrain.com

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by snip View Post
    Radio shack if all about customer service all employees get a commission on what they sell so if there is one than one person in there you are certain to get good service. I personally dont shop there cause they dont carry the things i look for any more (electronic components rather than whole electronics). But it is a very customer friendly store though a bit pricy in my opinion.
    Me too. I'm a ham radio operator and it really aggravates me that they don't have radio stuff anymore. Should be called Phone Shack.

Some Radio Shack stores are franchises and not corporate owned. Could this be possible in this store?

Years ago, I went into a Radio Shack on the NY-PA border to look at a couple of items, and this one was also a local sporting goods store. Went looking for some electronic gear, and instead walked out with a 4in S&W mod 66 that they got when a PA police dept went to auto. Could tell it was probably only used to quailfy. Only $200.
    I suggest that if you can find in your inner self the will to inflict violence on someone who is trying to victimize you, and can back up that iron will with all the force that you can muster, you will most likely be successful.

Now if only convenience stores would take that stand-I'd bet there would be alot less robberies of them.

That's pretty cool.

Newegg.com is the best place to get electronics. Super duper fast shipping and super cheap and super customer service.

Odd you should mention Radio Shack because in the upscale neighborhood of Farragut, near Knoxville, two crazed people wheeled into Radio Shack there and shot the clerk to death. No rhyme or reason, they were just out for any blood they could get. They then drove a mile further and tried to hijack a car for a get away.
    This was 12-15 years ago and was very chilling since there had been no violent crime in that area.

Thats awesome... and in SC too!

Im in a band and we travel out of town alot. Sometimes you need something to make a situation work. Often RS is the only place open. Its expensive and the stuff is cheap but it will do in a pinch.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Links