Possible thwarted rape or abduction on my wife?

This is a discussion on Possible thwarted rape or abduction on my wife? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Now I can wright this: Yesterday 4:30pm my wife and I were getting our front flower beds ready for spring and late winter flowers. She ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible thwarted rape or abduction on my wife?

Now I can wright this:

Yesterday 4:30pm my wife and I were getting our front flower beds ready for spring and late winter flowers. She was spreading mulch and pickin weeds. While I pittled in the garage.

Well, I noticed a car slowly passing by and the driver had his head turned so far back around looking at my wife he almost hit the curb. I laughed abit, and was proud. Not 1 min later I saw him again, creeping by, scoping my wife. Well I watched and looked to see if my wife noticed....she was in her own world. Well another minute went buy and he drove buy again!!! I though alright this is NOT OK, CREEPY feeling settled in gut.

So I got my Kahr PM 45, holstered it with IWB front tuck, left my shirt up behind it. Like how a shirt gets tucked behind a belt buckle.

I walked to the end of my driveway right when I got the the end he drove by AGAIN!!. This time he saw me, then saw my waist area. He got wide eyed (probly surprised that I knew and saw him driving by multiple times) and gunned the car, running the stop sign. Well during his "getaway" I got his license plate # called local police and reported this incident.

Two hrs later a LEO pulled up in my driveway. He told me that the fellow I reported had warrants was a registered offender (rapist) and was armed with a crappy (he said rusty) .32 auto.

The officer stated that he said I pulled a gun on him. I said no and told him how I went about it. He said that’s kind of frowned upon but legal, and it's good that I kept cool about it and was proud that I'm a CHL holder. Then we talked about what gun I use for CC, (he like the small .45's) and he gave vague details about his BUG.

The LEO was really laid back. We talked about the area and the way it's getting, also various other subjects. He said he recognized me, from him and I passing each other all the time (I always nodded to him when we made eye contact)...he said a few months back he ran my plates to check on me, he shook my hand and told me to think and be safe then left.

Well during that whole time I was shaking and adrenaline pumping....I thought I was going to have to file a statement and press charges and all that jazz, but since he (the BG) was already in trouble with the law I didn't have to do anything....heck the Officer didn't even have to come to see me and tell me anything. I bet he knew who I was and was probably interested in talking to get a feel on what knd of person I really was.

Turns out he's the Serg. of our little area...COOL.

Turned out good and possible BG put in jail.
    Last edited by Frogbones; January 23rd, 2009 at 06:29 PM.

Good for you on noticing, kind of hard not to after multiple passes by though. Glad it worked out.

The LEO was probably following up on the "he pulled a gun on me" comment.

Scary stuff. Did you tell your Wife? How did she react?
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Bravo on keeping your wife safe and sound! (and helping get a bg off the streets!)

Take a bow, and pat yourself on the back!
    "Let me control the textbooks, and I will control the state." - Adolf Hitler

>prepare for monday night quarterbacking<

just a hint of what replies you're going to be getting...

1) it took 3 times to alert you? One time, true it's funny, two times, start acting.
    2) you should have been wearing your gun already anyways.
    3) should have called the police as soon as you saw him pass the second time.

If this happened to me, I think I would have reacted the same as you. Displaying your firearm can get you in trouble, but here because the idiot had a bad rep, the serg. believed your word over his. Overall, a good job!

Yeah told wife after the dude gunned (drove) off....she went in the house stayed in there till LEO pulled up. She is now VERY thankfull I carry, or have a gun near me at all times......she kinda thought it was silly of me to carry in the house or garage...not any more.....I had an excellent dinner prepaired for me that night. Today her and I are going to the range and she going to put 200 rounds down range. She always enjoyed shooting supported me CC...but now she has a different outlook on it and says she now takes it alot more serously. Whoot!

Yeah I know about what I should a-could a done....but I was thinking the whole....nahhh not me (her), not here....lets just see what unfolds (if he comes by one more time)....well I learned me lesson and she did too...and so did the BG.

Her and I stayed up late talking about the details and such....we learned a WHOLE lot on that little incident.

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Glad you got the plate#, and glad you called the PD. Wouldn't be anything I can see from this you could've pressed charges on him for, but it's great that they got him off the streets!

He's a convicted felon with a gun, plus whatever outstanding warrants, he should be gone for quite a while. Only thing negative I can see is the "showing" of the weapon. Worked out for the best here really, but if the guy hadn't had a record/warrants and made a report to the police, could've been trouble for you.

All in all, I'd have to say well done, and I'm glad everyone is okay!
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Good for you!
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Wow glad your wife is ok. I hope this opens her eyes and she learns some SA. If she doesn't carry yet maybe this will give her the push.
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Perhaps I misunderstood, the officer told you open carry on your own property was "frowned on"?? That seems odd.

Sounds like you did a good job.

VIP Member
    Good for You and the Wife.

Quote Originally Posted by gg12 View Post
    Perhaps I misunderstood, the officer told you open carry on your own property was "frowned on"?? That seems odd.

Sounds like you did a good job.
    I think he ment how I went about flexing my OC rights on my property.

Kinda like how he never saw me and then there I was @ the end of my driveway waitng for him with a gun.

I was legal....but a little dirty on how I went about it.

good for you and your wife.

nicely done

Quote Originally Posted by gg12 View Post
    He was probably referring to the tucking the shirt behind the holster part and walking up to his car.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Administrator
    Glad that everything worked out OK.
    Seems to me that the scumbag was up to nothing good.

Maybe it wouldn't have been "frowned on" for you to just pull up a lawn chair in your driveway and start polishing your shotgun right there??? I think you did just fine. Only think I might have done different is to just put on my OWB holster so it didn't seem so much like "flashing" the gun; it's just the way it is. But there is nothing illegal or even questionable about what you did. It's why we have the RKBA.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links