So close I can taste it ! - Page 2

So close I can taste it !

This is a discussion on So close I can taste it ! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by gimp Congratulations to a fellow New Yorker! Does your county issue full carry or restricted? Where I live, we are issued restricted ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So close I can taste it !

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    Congratulations to a fellow New Yorker!

Does your county issue full carry or restricted?

Where I live, we are issued restricted and we have to appear in court before a judge to request a full carry 'unrestricted permit...it's at the discretion of the judge who can and can not carry!

My county tends to issue unresticted. I don't know which I have waiting for me but I am thinking that since the county judge has known me since I was about 2 yrs old I should be set.

wait? so after that you dont have to wait for your next purchase or you have to do this everytime.
    Each handgun you want to have on your permit requires a stop the the clerk to pick up a stamp for it. Then the shop keeps the stamp for their records.

VIP Member
    Congrads from You neigbour in CT.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Each handgun you want to have on your permit requires a stop the the clerk to pick up a stamp for it. Then the shop keeps the stamp for their records.
    You mean so the state can keep a list of who has the handguns... I mean who was issued stamps because keeping a list of who has handguns would be illegal

( Federal Law 18 U.S.C. 926 (2) (a)) being: No such rule or regulation prescribed after the date of the enactment of the Firearms Owners Protection Act may require that records required to be maintained under this chapter or any portion of the contents of such records, be recorded at or transferred to a facility owned, managed, or controlled by the United States or any State or any political subdivision thereof, nor that any system of registration of firearms, firearms owners, or firearms transactions or disposition be established. Nothing in this section expands or restricts the Secretary's authority to inquire into the disposition of any firearm in the course of a criminal investigation.

boy they just trample over any rights or laws that were ever put in place to protect you dont they
    P.S. tell the Ministry of peace I said hi while you are in the office

congrats.

Congrats

I'll be there first thing in the morning ! Can't wait

Picked up my UNRESTRICTED permit this morning. After that first stop was the shop and I liberated my Springfield GI 1911. Now to find a good holster......too many choices too little $ $ $ !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links