So close I can taste it !

This is a discussion on So close I can taste it ! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I stopped by the mailbox today and to my surprise there was a letter from our pistol clerk. All I have to do is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So close I can taste it !

Well I stopped by the mailbox today and to my surprise there was a letter from our pistol clerk. All I have to do is call for an appt to stop by and have one more picture taken and an electronic finger print and she will hand me my permit. Then as quick as I can I will be off to the shop to pick up the Springfield GI 1911 that is waiting for me......paid in full ! I also have a nice Ruger Mk1 waiting for me that my buddy has had since last Feb.

I started this process last February. Picked up application, paid fees and got printed. Then one of my references held out on his letter until the end of June. NY says that the clerk has 6 months to issue. June 30th to Jan 23rd in my book is a little over that but I knew that it was gonna be here soon. I had spies at the Sheriffs dept

Hopefully I can get an hour or 2 off Monday afternoon to run down and get it taken care of.

Zippy

jfl
    Congratulations !!! That's a long wait...
    Enjoy
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Welcome fellow NYer and congrats!. Mine took 6mos also, I just had to forget about it while I waited and just read up on all the websites in prep for that day.

Dang!!!, in Missouri we pick the gun we want, wait for the clerk to call the FBI, pay for the gun, and we leave with the gun (handgun, rifle, shotgun, etc.). Glad you can finally get it. That's Crazy!! Stock up on ammo!!!
    Join the NRA and Gun Owners of America.

In Tx I pick out the gun show em my concealed permit,pay for gun and walk out with it,without a permit they have to call in a background check and you still walk out with your selection.

Wait a minute,you mean the process is just to own a gun not carry it concealedI think I'd move out of that commie state,theres lots of others where we actually get to exercise our constitutional rights
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    In Tx I pick out the gun show em my concealed permit,pay for gun and walk out with it,without a permit they have to call in a background check and you still walk out with your selection
    After I have the permit all I have to do is pick up a stamp and then go get the gun. This wait was all for the permit to own a pistol.

Senior Member Array preachertim's Avatar
    Congrats and stay safe . Godspeed
    Why Would A Preacher ever need a Gun? Its Not for the Sheep , its for the Wolves!

Springfield Armory Service XD 40
    Taurus PT 1911 45 acp Taurus PT 101, PT 92
    Ruger 22/45 Ruger P95 9mm, Ruger SR9
    Kahr CW 40, Heritage 22, Rossi 38 special

TOF
    Congratulations

Lets just hope the new Administration doesn't decide to take it away from all of us with the stroke of a pen.
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson

Congrats Zippy,From one new yorker to another.I've been doing the purchase permit thing for the better part of 29yrs.Its better than not having an concealed carry permit at all!!
    Always be alert and aware!!!

Congrats

wait wait so let me get this right... you have to have some type of permit to be ALLOWED by your government in NY to even buy a gun.....?
    what ever happened to the shall not be infringed part???
    not (nt)
    adv.
    In no way; to no degree. Used to express negation, denial, refusal, or prohibition: I will not go. You may not have any.

in·fringe (n-frnj)
    v. in·fringed, in·fring·ing, in·fring·es
    v.tr.
    1. To transgress or exceed the limits of; violate: infringe a contract; infringe a patent.
    2. Obsolete To defeat; invalidate.
    v.intr.
    To encroach on someone or something; engage in trespassing: an increased workload that infringed on his personal life.

Didn't some people leave England a couple years back for the Government infringing there rights?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Well I stopped by the mailbox today and to my surprise there was a letter from our pistol clerk. All I have to do is call for an appt to stop by and have one more picture taken and an electronic finger print and she will hand me my permit. Then as quick as I can I will be off to the shop to pick up the Springfield GI 1911 that is waiting for me......paid in full ! I also have a nice Ruger Mk1 waiting for me that my buddy has had since last Feb.

I started this process last February. Picked up application, paid fees and got printed. Then one of my references held out on his letter until the end of June. NY says that the clerk has 6 months to issue. June 30th to Jan 23rd in my book is a little over that but I knew that it was gonna be here soon. I had spies at the Sheriffs dept

Hopefully I can get an hour or 2 off Monday afternoon to run down and get it taken care of.

Zippy

Medic, I believe Illinois is very similar in that a permit and waiting period are required to purchase a handgun. No CHLs issued and long waits for gun shoppers... It's quite awful really.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down & lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, & may posterity forget you were countrymen.

Congratulations!! Be safe.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Congratulations to a fellow New Yorker!

Does your county issue full carry or restricted?

Where I live, we are issued restricted and we have to appear in court before a judge to request a full carry 'unrestricted permit...it's at the discretion of the judge who can and can not carry!

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    After I have the permit all I have to do is pick up a stamp and then go get the gun. This wait was all for the permit to own a pistol.
    wait? so after that you dont have to wait for your next purchase or you have to do this everytime.

either way is un-american that's not right.
    NO 3rd party disputes

The power of imagination is the key to life.

It helps you think ahead, consider the possibilities,and prepare you for the future.
    If you lack that ability, you're no different from livestock trapped behind a fence.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links