city ordinance broke state law.

This is a discussion on city ordinance broke state law. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We'll stop these one at a time. The Wenatchee World Online - City gun ordinance broke state law...

Thread: city ordinance broke state law.

city ordinance broke state law.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Good stroke.

Power corrupts and just because these "coucilmen" were elected, doesn't give them "supreme power". They are subject to all state & Federal laws, especially the pre-emption laws.

The local courts routinely "ignore" pre-emption and get themselves in trouble over it.

Same happened here in Idaho at the city of Moscow. They screamed and wrung their hands about it, but TS.

Glad it was pointed out and corrected!
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    "one small step for man...one giant leap"

I read a similar situation in the WA section of opencarry.org. I can't seem to find it at the moment, but it was the city of Liberty Lake had an open carry ban in parks or something. Someone wrote an email asking the sheriff about it and he forwarded it to the city council, who forwarded it to their lawyer and it sounded like they were going to rectify it.

Washington - Stories From The States - OpenCarry.org - Discussion Forum

thanks to all those who help...

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    Glad to hear everything got straightened out. Every little bit helps!
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Police chief stated onlt LEO can discharge a firearm in the city limits,BS not if somebody is using their firearm in self defense
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Good. Very sad to hear the city attorney didn't know about the state preemption.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

1943 - 2009
    Very sad to hear the city attorney didn't know about the state preemption.
    Or claimed he didn't.

Basic bureaucratic CYA tactic.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Ya gotta watch 'em every minute don't you? I enjoyed reading some of the comments posted after that article in the link.

Distinguished Member
    I have a friend in Reno that called the Forest Service to the carpet over a restriction on Hiking Trails prohibiting guns in the National Forest.

They pulled up all of the signs and sent him a letter apoligizing for the "overzealous" actions of the employees. But not until he got his Congressman involved. They simply ignored him the first couple of letters and told him if he carried a gun while hiking he would be the most dangerous thing on the trail.

?????
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Quote Originally Posted by CopperKnight View Post
    Good. Very sad to hear the city attorney didn't know about the state preemption.
    I'll bet he was told what to think. Remember who he works for. He has to go and plead the city's (erroneous) case.

I will never understand where these morons get the idea that NOT banning guns puts guns in the hands of criminals! NEWS FLASH: THEY ARE CRIMINALS. Criminals do not care where it is illegal to have a gun because most likely, they aren't legal to have a gun ANYWHERE! All bans do is take the guns out of the hands of law-abiding citizens.

Greg Nickels has been trying this same kind of garbage in Seattle, but hopefully with this case proving the state law he will be shut down.

Seattle's tutty fruity butter ball mayor is proceeding with his royal decree banning in city parks fully aware of state preemption
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Law Breakers

The politicians are criminals when they ignore and break the law. Next time cast your vote without emotion.

'Ignorience of the law is no excuse to violate it"
    "Politicians and Bureaucrats, depend very much on the complicity of their victims, and like criminals, are flummoxed when we don't play the victim role."

Quote Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
    Good stroke.

Power corrupts and just because these "coucilmen" were elected, doesn't give them "supreme power". They are subject to all state & Federal laws, especially the pre-emption laws.

The local courts routinely "ignore" pre-emption and get themselves in trouble over it.

Same happened here in Idaho at the city of Moscow. They screamed and wrung their hands about it, but TS.

Glad it was pointed out and corrected!
    County of Camas, Board of Commissioners pass ordinance No. 154,
    in direct violation of Idaho State Law. Check it out, just happened, I sent an email to Gov. Otter, you should too.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Links