Came a little close to a slip up...

This is a discussion on Came a little close to a slip up... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, it wasn't that close, but it reminded me to be cautious always. I was walking into wally world, while I was walking in the ...

Thread: Came a little close to a slip up...

Came a little close to a slip up...

Well, it wasn't that close, but it reminded me to be cautious always. I was walking into wally world, while I was walking in the older lady at the door had dropped some rubbermaid container lids on the floor. So I stepped over to help her pick them up and as I was bending over I quickly remembered to bend at the knees Additionally, my polo shirt was a good length in the back to cover up my M&P sitting at 4 o'clock.

Could have been bad though, right there at the front entrance of wal-mart

On the bright side, they had plenty of WWB 9mm, so I bought 100 rounds for this weekend. Even if they didn't have any, Woods & Water next door had plenty of magtech 9mm for $14.99 per box of 50.

I also purchased some shoot-n-see targets, ear protection, and glasses. I have some clear raquetball glasses, but I'm not sure if I should use those at the range or not, plus I think some shaded ones would be good for the outdoor ranges. Any comments there? The ear muffs are 26 decibel reduction, is that good???

okay, yeah I got it all
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    CCW is a learning experience, that's for sure!

I really like my Wiley-X shooting glasses. http://www.wileyx.com/index.aspx
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

TOF
    That would not be a problem in Arizona. Open or closed carry is acceptable at Walmart and most other places.

Yellow tint glasses are my preference when shooting.

Stay safe.
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    I have some clear raquetball glasses, but I'm not sure if I should use those at the range or not, plus I think some shaded ones would be good for the outdoor ranges. Any comments there?
    I have a set of Oakleys that I have clear, amber, and dark lenses for. I usually use the amber for shooting. I like being able to have the same frames I wear every day anyway. Pricey, but if you already have the frames, extra lenses aren't that expensive.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    You should get in the habit of bending at the knees to stoop dwn or pick anything up just because it's good body mechanics, and may just save you a back injury. While the lids aren't heavy, you would be amazed at the number of things that will set off a back spasm. as far as concealed carry is concerned, I've found that I have to make numerous changes in the way that I do things. Squatting rather than bending, and of course, having to perform the "Picard Maneuver" whenever I get out of a car or stand from sitting, are just a couple of changes that I've had to make.

cj
    26dB reduction isn't bad, but I personally wear some of those foam expanding plugs under my muffs as well (Wal-mart sells those too :) )

Quote Originally Posted by cj View Post
    26dB reduction isn't bad, but I personally wear some of those foam expanding plugs under my muffs as well (Wal-mart sells those too :) )
    good deal...they were only $7.47 and being I don't shoot all that often and I'm still a poor college kid, I'm trying to get by as cheap (yet safe) as possible. I'll upgrade stuff once I start work full-time.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Links