Looks like I am we are going on our 1st family trip. . .

This is a discussion on Looks like I am we are going on our 1st family trip. . . within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So it looks like my wife and I are planning our 1st big family trip to Myrtle Beach. Well it isn't really that big but ...

Thread: Looks like I am we are going on our 1st family trip. . .

Looks like I am we are going on our 1st family trip. . .

So it looks like my wife and I are planning our 1st big family trip to Myrtle Beach. Well it isn't really that big but for us it is huge. This will be our first trip for us as a family. We have a 3 yr old and an 1 yr old. We are hoping for a relaxing and super chill time. This is where you guys come in.

Since it is our first trip to a place unknown I would like to have my new 3 inch XD while my wife is carring her Taruas 24/7. So it looks like we will be carring through WV, NC and SC. So if we have any people from WV, NC, and SC I would love to have some of the rules on how we should carry while we are driving through all of those states. We prob will be stopping in NC prob at a rest stop with a restaurant so we can eat fill up and go.

So can you guys give a new ccw traveling family some pointers? We are super super excited.
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

2. Remove Ads

You will be ok carrying in NC as long as you have your credentials with you. If you are pulled over, you must inform the LEO that you have a ccp and that you are armed. You are not allowed to carry in an establishment that serves alcohol (bar, restaurant, etc.).
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    Alright for SC no carry in any resturant that serves booze. Must inform a LEO if stopped. Thats all that I can think of right now.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

thank you xd 45
    “Do you have any idea how hard it would be to live with yourself if your loved ones were attacked and killed, and you had to stand there helplessly because you were unprepared for that day?”

Ricardo

Check out this site:

Handgunlaw.us

You should be able to plan your whole trip with this site. All the relevant laws are listed for each state as well and a map that shows which states honor your states permit.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

SC does not allow open carry.

This is a list of places you cannot carry in SC.
    This is from the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division website.
    ( South Carolina Law Enforcement Division )

SECTION 23-31-215
    M) A permit issued pursuant to this section does not authorize a permit holder to carry a concealable weapon into a:

(1) police, sheriff, or highway patrol station or any other law enforcement office or facility;

(2) detention facility, prison, or jail or any other correctional facility or office;

(3) courthouse or courtroom;

(4) polling place on election days;

(5) office of or the business meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special purpose district;

(6) school or college athletic event not related to firearms;

(7) daycare facility or pre school facility;

(8) place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law;

(9) church or other established religious sanctuary unless express permission is given by the appropriate church official or governing body; or

(10) hospital, medical clinic, doctor’s office, or any other facility where medical services or procedures are performed unless expressly authorized by the employer.

Also, there are requirements that signs must me if they are displayed in order to be valid.

SECTION 23-31-235. Sign requirements.

(A) Notwithstanding any other provision of this article, any requirement of or allowance for the posting of signs prohibiting the carrying of a concealable weapon upon any premises shall only be satisfied by a sign expressing the prohibition in both written language interdict and universal sign language.

(B) All signs must be posted at each entrance into a building where a concealable weapon permit holder is prohibited from carrying a concealable weapon and must be:

(1) clearly visible from outside the building;

(2) eight inches wide by twelve inches tall in size;

(3) contain the words “NO CONCEALABLE WEAPONS ALLOWED” in black one inch tall uppercase type at the bottom of the sign and centered between the lateral edges of the sign;

(4) contain a black silhouette of a handgun inside a circle seven inches in diameter with a diagonal line that runs from the lower left to the upper right at a forty five degree angle from the horizontal;

(5) a diameter of a circle; and

(6) placed not less than forty inches and not more than sixty inches from the bottom of the building’s entrance door.

(C) If the premises where concealable weapons are prohibited does not have doors, then the signs contained in subsection (A) must be:

(1) thirty six inches wide by forty eight inches tall in size;

(2) contain the words “NO CONCEALABLE WEAPONS ALLOWED” in black three inch tall uppercase type at the bottom of the sign and centered between the lateral edges of the sign;

(3) contain a black silhouette of a handgun inside a circle thirty four inches in diameter with a diagonal line that is two inches wide and runs from the lower left to the upper right at a forty five degree angle from the horizontal and must be a diameter of a circle whose circumference is two inches wide;

(4) placed not less than forty inches and not more than ninety six inches above the ground;

(5) posted in sufficient quantities to be clearly visible from any point of entry onto the premises.

Hope your trip goes well.

thank you so very much guys

Ricardo

i hope you have a relaxing time w/your 1 and 3 yr olds. good luck my friend.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

Myrtle Beach

Have a fun time in Myrtle Beach. This time of the year the crowds won't be there, and you will have a lot of space on the beach and at the tourist places. My kids always enjoyed MB very much. For a place to walk/visit/shop, I recommend the "Barefoot Landing." Have fun!
    Dr. Marshall C. St. John, pastor
    www.waysidechurch.org

VIP Member
    Center of Mass Safes!!!!! Remember to secure your weapons in the car when you hit those spots where you can't carry either by law or because you really don't want to get salt water in the guns.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

You'll be carrying through VA also, unless you know some other way to get from WV to NC :)

VA honors your permit, no concealed carry in a restaurant w/ on-premises alcohol. There is no requirement to notify LEO if stopped, but common sense dictates you should.

DJ

A relaxing time with a 3 yr old and a 1 yr old LOL good luck with that thought,seriously have a good time but keep your head on a swivel
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links