Do you carry at home? - Page 2

Do you carry at home?

This is a discussion on Do you carry at home? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Always. Even in gym trunks (I make sure all mine have pockets), if I'm up, I'm armed. A 640 in a pocket holster . . ...

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Do you carry at home?

Always. Even in gym trunks (I make sure all mine have pockets), if I'm up, I'm armed.

A 640 in a pocket holster . . . result, I'm prepared but I don't even notice its there.

I figure that if I'm kicked back in a recliner watching the tube, I'm already in condition white. I don't need the added problem of trying to get to a gun if needed.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Quote Originally Posted by jtmoose View Post
    Last week my wife went outside and there were two guys in our backyard. They took off into the woods before she could tell exactly who they were. It was enough for me to carry the rest of the week at home. Is it paranoid to carry at home?
    As your situation shows, obviously not.

Will some without your recent experience think so? Of course. That's their loss. Carry ... or not, and assume the risks that go with that. That's all that matters, really.

By the way, if it could happen once, then the remainder of the week isn't the only risky period. Consider that it could happen anytime, anywhere. What is it about next week, or next month, that would be any less risky for exactly the same thing? Think about it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevyguy85 View Post
    when @ home if i'm not carrying there is a pistol w/in arms length almost @ all times
    +1!

When my door is unlocked, I am carrying. When my door is locked, sometimes I'm still carrying and other times it's close enough for me to greet you in a friendly "in home" manner!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Nope. I think the odds of a home invasion for me are in the 7 figure to 1 range. I am not going to wear a gun at home for those odds. Sometime when I have been out and have my P3AT on in a Fobus paddle I forget about it and wear it at home, but I do not carry at home otherwise.

I am not paranoid evidently.

Regards,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    Nope. I think the odds of a home invasion for me are in the 7 figure to 1 range.
    Unknown where such numbers come from, but the probability will have changed since the incident. Now those folks know of the ease of penetration. And it's impossible to say whether the one and only time this has ever occurred was observed by the OP. It's entirely possible to have occurred previously, where folks explored the outer perimeter and made judgments about entry.

Interestingly, in several of the recent places I've lived, I have either personally witnessed someone rooting around the perimeter, seen footprints in the gardens near the windows/doors, or had reports from neighbors of unknown people around the property. No apparent patterns, other than I was working like 9 of 10 of the neighbors. And, that's only the instances that were noticed. I'd say: the numbers are a bit off, at least for the exploratory phase of potential invasion.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I do carry at home most times. It's usually just because I have gotten so used to it being there I forget to take it off. I don't completely get in to jammies or shorts or sweats until i am absolutely sure Im not going back out. Usually * or after in the eve. Even aftre that I go in the bedroom and mount my Surefire x200 and keep it unholstered within in arms or one or two step reach.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

If I have my pants on I am armed, if it is not on me, it is with in reach.....
    1942 M3 Autocar Half-track...M3A1 Diamond T Half-track...57mm Anti-Tank Cannon

NRA Endowment Member...President West TN Military Vehicle Collectors...MVPA Member

If I am awake, I am carrying. Last time I watched the news it didn't seem like the BG's make reservations before they try to kick in your front door. Also, I don't think you are allowed a time-out or a "do-over" in a home invasion in order to get to your gun. Just my opinion.
    EDC: Glock 30 IWB Tucker Gunleather - Silent Thunder
    Ruger LCP - BUG in front or back pocket

"In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where I can see them!"

mkh
    I work out of a home office and I am always armed at home. In the house or backyard I OC but if I'm in the front yard I normally go concealed. If we have any company I usually switch to concealed. I also carry it in my SUV. My CCW hasn't come in yet but I carry in the above situations which are legal under Florida law.

TOF
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryM View Post
    Nope. I think the odds of a home invasion for me are in the 7 figure to 1 range. I am not going to wear a gun at home for those odds. Sometime when I have been out and have my P3AT on in a Fobus paddle I forget about it and wear it at home, but I do not carry at home otherwise.

I am not paranoid evidently.

Regards,
    Jerry
    Jerry,

There is a saying that goes like this.

We may be paranoid but that doesn't mean they are not out to get us.
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by jtmoose View Post
    Last week my wife went outside and there were two guys in our backyard. They took off into the woods before she could tell exactly who they were. It was enough for me to carry the rest of the week at home. Is it paranoid to carry at home?
    I do not carry in the home. I have guns in every room though! No children in the home at this time. When outside, I do carry. In the yard, or at the store, or on the road.
    Y'all be safe now, ya hear!

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

I always carry while in the home. It we all go out somewhere, I don't have to remember or bother to get my gun. besides, you never know what or who may try to break in. I leave the gun on my night stand when I go to bed.
    "When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the government fears the people you have liberty."

--Thomas Jefferson --

Not in the shower...but close at hand!
    WARRIORS...for our fight is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
    Ephesians 6:12

I carry at home all the time. It annoys my wife, but so be it. There has been a recent increase in petty crime in our neighborhood recently.
    You'll rock, with a 357 Glock

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links