Do you carry at home?

This is a discussion on Do you carry at home? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Do you carry at home? No. I don't think my kid will attack me.., I wish my wife would, but that's another topic. My CCW ...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Do you carry at home?

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Do you carry at home?
    No. I don't think my kid will attack me.., I wish my wife would, but that's another topic.

My CCW gets locked up as soon as I come home.

2. Remove Ads

The only time I do not carry or have a firearm near are in my state's no firearm zones.

I carry at home most of the time. When not carrying, a firearm is handy. If I had children, I would have to change habits a little. I would either carry all the time, or get additional quick open safes.

Not to long ago I did not carry as often, but crime changed in my area, and a few homes started to return to the bank (and the bank is not a very good neighbor). One reason I purchased my revolver, was because it is so easy to carry, there is no good reason not to carry.

I had a few close calls, just strangers on the street, or on the way into a mall, were it felt more like luck then a certainty that my wife and I did not become some type of crime statistic. The situations that happen and make you realise maybe it was nothing, but boy am I unprepared. You must also consider all the whos (people) and whats (animals). A friend of my mother's was cornered by a dog. Would have been a nice situation to have a firearm. I desided that if I have the permit and the firearm, how stupid would it feel to get caught needing a firearm and I did not have one. I desided my odds were up, and from this point forward, I would be armed.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

I do after we found empty beer cans behind my garage few months backs and then the the other day with a shady person driving by several times by scoping my wife in which I had to confront.

It's on my person pertty much all the time now.

I always carry at home. If my pants are on, my gun is on. Any other time it's within arms reach.
    How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy & productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised and taken care of.
    Suzanna Hupp

This is the most important place to carry IMO. This is where I spend the majority of my time, spend it with my loved ones, and it is where all of my life's work is kept(in the form of material things).

What better things to protect???
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

VIP Member
    Just remember the saying you see here a lot: Anytime, Anyplace.
    If my gun isn't on me it is within arms reach, even at home.

I always carry at home. Bad things can happen anywhere anytime.

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    FWIT, I am compeled to carry at home more so than in public. In public I am often less of a target. At home I AM the target for anyone choosing to illegally enter.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

I carry if we're doing a bunch of work outside or in the shop. But not when I'm inside the house...that's what door locks & big dogs are for. If something happens I can easily access my gun, but no I don't wear it walking around the house. I know some here don't agree but I think that's being paranoid. If it's bad enough where you feel the need to carry inside your own home, I suggest moving.

I used to think it paranoid to carry at home. Key word used to.

I now do so very often.
    Reasons being largely due to state law here in MA. We are not allowed to keep a firearm nor ammunition unlocked that is not being kept and carried on our person.
    So the idea of having a HD arm kept in some safe easy for me to quickly access but out of reach of my kids is out of the question, in order to be lawful.
    So to stay lawful I carry concealed inside my home.

When I come in from having been on the streets I'll most often continue to carry concealed on my person.
    As I play and horse around with my kids I'll do so and be carrying in a proper holster. When I put my kids down for naps and night time sleep, I'm often times carrying. When I give them their baths or read them story books I'll be carrying. I carry and train exclusively with 1911s, kept charged, cocked, and locked in 'Condition 1'.
    I carry at home very often now. Some times openly but out of consideration for my wife who is anti and gun shy I don't do that much when she's around.

It's easier, simpler, and most lawful for me to do so at and when outside with my kids around our home.
    I also carry other tools such as various types and sized knives, an item I've been carrying on my person since age 8 for defensive purposes in specific atr the suggestion of my mother.

Life is what it is and it's not always roses, to which some do have and grow amongst thorns.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I carry at home always, not necessarily because I worry about intruders - although that is a valid reason in itself - but because it makes things simpler.

If I didn't carry at home I would have to strap on a holster and gun when I left the house, each time. And then that would probably lead to trying to guess if I really needed to be armed each time I left the house. After all it's just a "quick trip to the store". And as we all know, Mr. Murphy is not our friend.

So by being armed 16/7 (gun nearby when sleeping) I avoid that risky decision process.

I can't carry at work. Required to enter federal restricted area. But when I get home I carry all the time. When I go to bed it's right next to me on the night stand with it's pretty little eyes(night sights) just a peeking at me.

FWIW, yes i am paranoid. I freely admit it. Hopefully that paranoia will be the edge I need if a situation arises.
    Question Everything!

I carry at home from morning until i get in bed for the night. My pants are at the foot of my bed with my pistol holstered in my pants. I can't leave the weapon on the nightstand because of my kids who sometimes will come in during the middle of the night due to a 'bad dream' or thirsty. They don't know I have a pistol or carry. My wife thinks I'm paranoid but it's not about her now, is it?

aji
    I carry at home and every other place where I can legally carry.

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TOF View Post
    Jerry,

There is a saying that goes like this.

We may be paranoid but that doesn't mean they are not out to get us.
    I don't disagree with that.
    It is like the guy who told his Dr, "I Know I am a hypochondriac, but couldn't that be caused by a brain tumor?" :)

Regards,
    Jerry

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Links