Do you carry at home? - Page 4

Do you carry at home?

This is a discussion on Do you carry at home? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ccw9mm Unknown where such numbers come from, but the probability will have changed since the incident. Now those folks know of the ...

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Do you carry at home?

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Unknown where such numbers come from, but the probability will have changed since the incident. Now those folks know of the ease of penetration. And it's impossible to say whether the one and only time this has ever occurred was observed by the OP. It's entirely possible to have occurred previously, where folks explored the outer perimeter and made judgments about entry.

Interestingly, in several of the recent places I've lived, I have either personally witnessed someone rooting around the perimeter, seen footprints in the gardens near the windows/doors, or had reports from neighbors of unknown people around the property. No apparent patterns, other than I was working like 9 of 10 of the neighbors. And, that's only the instances that were noticed. I'd say: the numbers are a bit off, at least for the exploratory phase of potential invasion.
    If I had reason to believe there was a need to carry at home I would do so. If I saw suspicious people or signs I would carry, and also if I lived in an isolated area, but where I live I am willing to take the chance. To each his own.

Best,
    Jerry

Senior Member Array hudsonvalley's Avatar
    Dawn till dusk....and then some.
    Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
    ---Ronald Reagan

no. sometimes I carry at home. But, i have a home studio and keep my xd9sc right next to me on the desk. Just in case.

Yes I allways carry at home.My 73 year old mother lives with me and God bless her,I cant seem to get it into her head that this isnt in the 40,s or 50;s when people could leave there doors unlocked on there houses and cars,windows up in the summer time,without out some nut job ,comming in and killing everyone in the house,just because they were home.

I carry every waking moment. When I sleep my weapon is at my right hand.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    No. I don't think my kid will attack me.., I wish my wife would, but that's another topic.

That was great!

My Glock is always close by or on my person when ever I'm outside the house . Take this from someone who has had two hold up attempts. In both cases the BG and BGs were not successful. Both times this took place at a place other then at home.

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    I carry for 2 reasons... 1. Home Invasions happen. There was a rash of them not too far from where I live recently. 2. The only way to have a defensive gun at the ready with a 19 month old daughter in the house is if I carry it on me. I can't rely on my clever hiding of weapons to keep them out of her reach... so, since what I wear is comfortable enough to wear all day, I just keep wearing it when I get home. Besides... there's something comforting about a Gov't 1911 on your hip - or is that just me?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

I always carry at home.

(So does the wife.)
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels.
    If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand
    and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
    -Mark Twain

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinDooley View Post
    I carry for 2 reasons... 1. Home Invasions happen. There was a rash of them not too far from where I live recently. 2. The only way to have a defensive gun at the ready with a 19 month old daughter in the house is if I carry it on me. I can't rely on my clever hiding of weapons to keep them out of her reach... so, since what I wear is comfortable enough to wear all day, I just keep wearing it when I get home. Besides... there's something comforting about a Gov't 1911 on your hip - or is that just me?
    Bravo on all counts! Especially not trusting hiding places being safe from the toddler. And no, it's not just you! (1911 on hip here at home, as usual.... because I never know when/if/who/what might happen, and because I can).

Does this make me paranoid? Depends who you ask I suppose. I'm sure you could find a yes answer from someone. But you know what they say about opinions. Like that other thing, everybody's got one. And like that other thing, lots of 'em stink!
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by jtmoose View Post
    Is it paranoid to carry at home?
    I think I can some it up for you . When awake/sleeping/shaving/showering and every other second in time unless prohibbed by law.

VIP Member
    Always, unless I'm
    1) in the shower, or
    2) in bed

If 1 or 2, at least one gun is always within arm's reach.

Call me paranoid, I don't care. I call me prepared. Too many home invasions to ignore, and I love my family too much to trust their safety to random chance and "low odds" of a home invasion.

Try telling the family of those killed in the home invasions here last week about "low odds", and you'll likely get knocked upside the head and beat down... if you don't get shot on the spot by the dead folks' families.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Home alone most of the day, you bet I do. His gun or mine, if it's not on my hip, it's within arms reach.
    When did criminals start making appointments?
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Might just be me, but I personally think I'm more likely to need a firearm for self-defense at home than I am during my daily routine.

I carry everywhere (that I can legally)! That includes the Hacienda!!!
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

I'm no expert, but I believe most home invasions happen at home, so yes, I do carry at home.

And, your gun is always somewhere. You have the most control when it is on you.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links