On-line attitude?

This is a discussion on On-line attitude? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Bruces45 Ya forgot me man, but I'll let it slide this time I believe this forums has the most mature members out ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: On-line attitude?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruces45
    Ya forgot me man, but I'll let it slide this time

I believe this forums has the most mature members out of all the gun related forums.
    Hush it up Monkey Boy, who you calling mature!

Really though, I would agree 100%. I view this forum as an invaluable learning tool with like minded people and a Betty! that all seem to be on the same page and offer excellent suggestions and also offer other ways of looking at things that one might not have thought of in a respectfull mannor.

I'm staying.............

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle
    Thankfully this forum decided to talke the "high road" from the very start. And there is often some discussion on different things that show up here. The Mods try to be fair and carefully walk that seemingly thin line between freedom and censorship.

Hopefully we're doing a good job, at least so far 99% of the feedback has been favorable!!

Can't imagine you folks getting anything BUT favorable feedback RS. The few (very few) trolls I've seen on here have been dealt with quickly and things are kept nice and relaxed. Often a good natured debate but it's usually civil and friendly - Stepford Wives we ain't!

Quote Originally Posted by madmike
    To tell the truth, I really wasn't thinking about post that might "bite you on the backside" in a court of law, but the public perception of the CCW crowd, in general.

Maybe it isn't all that important, as the public-at-large probably doesn't go near these special interest forums.

Consider this: A 30 to 40-something soccer Mom living in the 'burbs decides it's time she takes greater responsibility for her family's safety. She's probably never been around guns much (if at all) so she's got mostly Hollywood hype and those gun store commandos as her primary point of reference. Wouldn't it be great if she were to find this Forum instead of one of those, errr ... "over-zealous" type boards?

I'd like to think there are many visitors of that sort here who are gaining a better understanding of why we carry and what we're really like. That perception alone might convince someone "on the fence" that active self protection (self reliance, whatever you choose to call it) is a worthwhile pursuit. Great thread BTW!
    Jack

This is the only msg board of this type I subscribe or look at. I was referred here by a buddy that I would say a gun aficionado.

Knowing what I know about the world around me I did not even seek out a board of this type. I did not what to sift through the bad ones. I really like what I have read, and the opinions are well wroth my time to read.

Thanks too all for making this a very good experience.
    Aaron

If you don't protect your self, who will?

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean3
    Wouldn't it be great if she were to find this Forum instead of one of those, errr ... "over-zealous" type boards?
    And, that's one of the reasons we try to keep it civil here. There is, I believe, a need for a forum to take a stand on what they allow on their site. Some information and opinions on the Internet can lead people to do something illegal or stupid if they are not scrutinized by someone with a feeling of responsibility to their members. I also believe each of our moderators feel that responsibility; I know I do. And, each of them were selected because I felt they had that ideal already and I would not have to explain to them what I was trying to accomplish here.

I don't want to sell our members short on this either. This forum was meant to fill a niche. Most of our members (hopefully) were looking for a place such as this that is committed to good solid information, differing opinions and less of the bickering and nastiness that goes on in other forums. Much of the credit for the civility here goes to our members.

Our promise to each of you is that we will take care of the people that join to tear us down.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Bumper, and all the "Mod Squad," I do appreciate the jobs you do and what you've provided for us, here.

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

On some Anti's sites is see a lot of threatening replies from some real "gun nuts". When I respond with just the facts they have screwed up and no name calling I get no listing. Maybe this is an anti tactic "look here" these are all "really bad people". The internet is anonymous so antis could pose all there fears and get away with framing us.
    -Diplomacy: The art of saying nice dogie until you can find a rock.
    -The truth is a three edged sword.
    -Your brain is your primary weapon everything else is just a tool.
    -When the only tool you have is a hammer then everything starts to look like a nail.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Imho ( and only my opinion ) the blissninnys are too busy hyperventalating about anyone owning firearms , what is it cooper calls em hopolophobes , ahh anyway thats close lol , to frame anyone , We cannot and should not worry about what others are doing online , offline , or otherwise , lets just concentrate keeping this forum to the high standards that it is at now , if the others grow into it ok , if not well they have thier playpens and the staff is doing a good job culling the rejects so far good work guys

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Repairs
    the staff is doing a good job culling the rejects so far good work guys
    And some how I sliped through the cracks

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Ok i admit it , bruce is good at fondeling his pistol while the staff take care of the idiots , oO( i suspect the sight of bruce fondeling anything in his pants , much less a 1911 just freezes the trolls to immobility where the staff is shooting stationary targets ) there now bruce i did think of ya :P

VIP Member
    I try to follow a general rule in email and forum postings. If I would not want everyone to read it on the front page of a major newspaper, I do not write it. A lot of folks don't follow this rule and for the most part it is fine. I would have to figure that even in a civil trial the lawyers would be hard pressed to bring a forum posting in. Especially if you don't have complete control of your computer. Not saying they wouldn't try or that it wouldn't work, depending on the jury. I just think it would be unlikely.

I would like to thank our members for their contributions to the forum and their understanding when we sometimes have to do the moderator stuff. IMHO this is one of the best self defense and gun forums on the internet and our diverse and very knowledgable members make it that way.

-Scott-

VIP Member
    I looked out of curiosity. My web site was getting referrals from this forum, and I can't say there has been a disparaging word since I joined. In fact the discussions by some of the most experienced and knowledgeable defensive gunners have been noteworthy. So far as I have seen with the limited time I get to be online, this is the place for the serious student with a sense of humor. There is no anonymity, and rants will long be forgotton while the humorous touch will gently balance our common sense with good ideas. Thanks for the work of the admin, mods, members, and Bruce.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Quote Originally Posted by Bruces45
    And some how I sliped through the cracks

ya better be good bruce we can fix that at anytime

Curious George Gets the Boot! Oh man, that's classic!
    Jack

gunthorp,

I'm glad to hear you feel the way you do. When you are in business, the "bottom line" is what keeps you there. But not all who are in business have an interest in where their customers come from or what they are like.

I'd rather do business with someone who shares my own sense of ethics, or at least doesn't run contrary to them.

I would not knowingly do business with any shop that caters to any of the "hate groups," for instance. I'd seek to spend my money elsewhere.

You don't always know what the people you are dealing with are like, sellers or buyers, but the people who take part in discussions in this Forum start out on the "right side" in my book.

No, you are not responsible for what your customers intend, nor am I responsible for the attitudes of the retailers I buy from. But in this country, we all have the right to choose who we deal with, and I tend to pick them as I would pick a friend.

Just rambling, here.

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    The membership here has personal responsibilities and jobs. That just about cinches it for me. There are no 14 year old kids posting threads like "What if six bad guys in type IV body armor attack me and all I have are my nunchuks?"
    That one's easy! The last time I picked up a set of those things, I hit myself in the head so hard I almost fell down. So... wouldn't make any difference how many bad guys there were, I'd have beat myself to death!
    Actually, with only a couple sticks... I think Run Really Fast would be my response.
    This forum definitely is a pleasure - quiet, mature adults discussing some potentially very serious subjects.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links