On-line attitude?

This is a discussion on On-line attitude? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I joined here at the advice of Gary Brommeland after I ordered a mag carrier from him. Seems leather isnt the only thing Gary knows. ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: On-line attitude?

I joined here at the advice of Gary Brommeland after I ordered a mag carrier from him. Seems leather isnt the only thing Gary knows. It is very different than some other forums

2. Remove Ads

Membership Revoked Array HappyGunner's Avatar
    Same here I joined after talking to Gary and he told me about his becoming a moderator here.
    Gary is a real quality person to deal with and his advice has always been good advice.
    IMHO we have a real quality group here in this forum who try to be helpful to it's members.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruces45
    And some how I sliped through the cracks
    Slipped on a Banana Peel I think <Innocent snicker and pun here>
    Bruce? ya left yourself wide open for that ... We ALL appreciate everything you and the Mods, and also Bumper, for this great Forum..

I lurk thru the other Forums from time to time, and find them pretty outragous. In fact, I attempted to subscribe to one of em, and was told my IP was banned. I think wrote a VERY polite E mail to the Admin and NEVER recieved a reply. Guess They feel they're way too good for me .. I'll just stay right here, and enjoy the good company here, besides, where else can ya go to get the great info that's supplied here?
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Membership Revoked Array HappyGunner's Avatar
    Quote Class3NH:I attempted to subscribe to one of em, and was told my IP was banned.
    ===============
    Welcome to the club. You get one forum down on you and you find that they contact other forums. It's their little nasty way of trying to keep you from getting the word around that they are giving people the royal shaft.
    Well they don't own all of the internet. Well not yet anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by rocky
    This forum seems to be filled with quiet, polite folks who honestly want to exchange info, ideas, and some humor. Pretty unique in the fact, everyone seems to get along just fine. I find surfing here alot more fun than other sites. Hats off to Bumper, the mods,(anyone else I forgot) and all the members.

+1

I posted a couple threads to get my feet wet and get some honest answers. I got answers that were well thought out and had some "logic" behind them.

I read more than I post. When I read threads here, I find it enjoyable. I may not agree with another persons opinion or actions, but they are not rude or telling anybody to F off. And most of the time people get logical reason why they feel that way.

Hats off to a good forum and good people

Internet attitude? I remember when CB radio started getting popular that folks had a tendency to be "big and bad" behind the microphone. When you got around to meeting them, it was a totally different story. Maybe there's a correlation there...anonymity brings out bravado. I, too, visited several forums before I found this one and I agree that the moderators and general membership on this forum are about as level headed a bunch as I've "seen". This is the only CCW forum where I thought my membership would be worthwhile.
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

Back "in the day," my version of that was, "It takes a small man to hide behind a microphone."

I've since updated it to, "It takes a small man to hide behind a keyboard."

When you come right down to it, there's simply NO excuse for bad manners.

It is the over-all tone and tempement that I love about this Forum.

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    I think I have a very good idea what forum the OP was referring to . . . and it represents my favorite long gun!

In that forum, the Mods frequently throw gas on the fires that sprout up. That sets the "tone" of acceptability for a forum, for good or bad.

The difference here is that the Mods set a civilized tone for the forum, and thus the members work within that framework.

That is what makes this forum the absolute best for CCW issues!

Keep up the good work guys and gal!

Aside from the variety of topics discussed here, the quality of the posts (and the people making them) keep me here. There are several other gun forums I like to visit, model specific to several of the guns I own, and they also seem to keep the language and tone civil. However, being civil doesn't mean we all agree, far from it. Even here there are more than a few differences of opinion. This same subject was discussed a few days ago at one of those other forums and I think I'll repeat a comment I made there... we should all feel free to disagree, but we should try not to become too disagreeable while doing it!
    Last edited by rachilders; February 2nd, 2006 at 01:05 AM.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

I just want to say this :

I LUB YOU GUYS!!

I very rarely trot over to other forums besides this one anymore. I feel much more at home here. I feel as though I share a common bond with the rest of the posters here in that we are serious about what our responsiblities are and enjoy having meaningful conversations and ideas that we can all share in. Everyone here is respectful towards one another and some very good conversations result from that. Kudos to all that make this place what it is!

Except for Bruce. 45s are for the people who need the "biggest" in order to compensate for something!!!

J/K!!
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Careful, Bud and Chris shoot those MEGA REVOLVERS! You're in trouble now!

Assistant Administrator
    Here's lookin at ya

Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

1952 - 2006
    How the heck did I miss out on the opening of this thread?

I found this site just over a year ago. I picked up a business card, outside, in the rain and soaking wet, while having a cigarette. It was one of many that Bumper had left around the SHOT Show.

I joined that night.

I belong to or lurk on no other forums.

When I have time to surf the net, this is where I go.

We had a thread some time ago about 'the maturity level here'. It's the reason I stay.

The members and Moderators on this site are the best on the web for a gun forum.

Kudos to you all, new and old.

To Bumper,
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by acparmed
    I picked up a business card, outside, in the rain and soaking wet
    It RAINS in Las Vegas??
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    acparmed,

As great as this forum is, don't sell all others short. There are some other excellent specialty forums out there that are civilized like this one.

I moderate one that is focused on the Northeast region of the US, www.northeastshooters.com, covering all aspects of gun ownership and it is run much like this forum. The "magic" is when the forum management sets down rules requiring that all members show respect for each other.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links