On-line attitude?

This is a discussion on On-line attitude? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by gddyup Except for Bruce. 45s are for the people who need the "biggest" in order to compensate for something !!! J/K!! It's ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: On-line attitude?

Administrative Ban Array Bruces45's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gddyup
    Except for Bruce. 45s are for the people who need the "biggest" in order to compensate for something!!!

J/K!!
    It's not the size of the wave that matters, it's the motion in the ocean

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Ohhhh so now bruce sings the praises of shot placement ????

DC Founder
    There really are alot of other good forums out there that are civilized, it just takes a bit to find them. We are not unique, just seem to in the minority.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by LenS
    acparmed,

As great as this forum is, don't sell all others short. There are some other excellent specialty forums out there that are civilized like this one.

I moderate one that is focused on the Northeast region of the US, www.northeastshooters.com, covering all aspects of gun ownership and it is run much like this forum. The "magic" is when the forum management sets down rules requiring that all members show respect for each other.
    Cool site! Just added it to my favs.
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

1952 - 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by LenS
    acparmed,

As great as this forum is, don't sell all others short. There are some other excellent specialty forums out there that are civilized like this one.

I moderate one that is focused on the Northeast region of the US, www.northeastshooters.com, covering all aspects of gun ownership and it is run much like this forum. The "magic" is when the forum management sets down rules requiring that all members show respect for each other.
    I don't mean to sell anyone or any other site short.

The truth is, I wasn't even looking for a forum website. I had seen a few and they just didn't interest me. While at the SHOT Show last year I found out about this website, I looked in, and I liked what I saw. Still do. I have no reason to find another. I barely have enough time to look in on this one.
    If I hadn't found this one I would have probably have found another, one of the sites like you speak of.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

I don't think anybody wants to shoot someone else but when your life is at risk, there probably isn't any alternative. I'll shoot until the threat is stopped, whether that is one shot or a full mag but I won't keep shooting just to give the anti's more ammunition. Now, on the other hand, I have told my girlfriend who carries a Glock 26, to unload on the bad guy!

It finally happend; I've been told my presence is no longer welcome at a forum for being "disruptive" and daring to disagree with more senior, and VERY vocal, members.

I only joined a week ago, though I'd lurked around for the past few months, made 2 posts and I'm already on the sh#t list there. I won't mention the forum by name but it (and it's counterpart forum) are inhabited by Kel-Tec fanatics. Lets just say I made the mistake of mentioning another gun company had announced they were coming out with new models similar to K-T's and my downhill slide began. I was accused of being in the employ of the "other" manufacurer, of trolling and somehow bad-mouthing their sacred K-T's.

I simply pointed out that a new company (SKYY, for those that haven't heard) is, or will be soon, making several guns very similar to some of K-T's and that competition is a good thing since it helps bring out improvements and lower the price for the consumer. I mentiond I owned guns from both companies and that from my experience, both had their good and bad points relative to the other. I even said I was considering the purchase of another K-T in the near future since they do make a good product that does the job it was designed for pretty well.

Several members tried to come to my defense, but the vocal minority ruled and my supporters were shouted down. If I used the language some of the members used on me around my house, even now my mother would slap my face and wash my mouth out with soap! I finally discovered (too late it would seem) that you don't visit a Chevy dealer and mention that their newest model looks just like one that Ford is going to build; at least not without calling Ford plagiaristic ******** who should be charged with copyright infringement!

I should have paid more notice to the opening statement of their forum rules... "This is NOT an open society..." How true THAT statement was.
    Last edited by rachilders; February 16th, 2006 at 12:07 AM.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Assistant Administrator
    Closed mindedness Ron seems rife in some places - bit like ''don't do as I do - do as I say''.

Sad too is the lack of broad and open discussion and as you imply - once it becomes ''uncomfortable'' for the devotees, ranks are closed and you are SOL!!!

You're better of where you are welcome
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I was "Banned' from a Forum, when I went to register..(found my IP was banned) and I E mailed the Admin.........got NO reply from him..............<sigh> oh well.......they lost out as far as I'm concerned.............that's why I'm stickin right here..........BEST darn place to be.....Guess I "intimidated" em LOL........
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

VIP Member
    Those boys from S. NH sure intimidated the redcoats too!
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by rachilders
    It finally happend; I've been told my presence is no longer welcome at a forum for being "disruptive" and daring to disagree with more senior, and VERY vocal, members.
    That's too bad, but wouldn't worry about it. Not fitting there is probably a credit to your character. Someone banned here might very well get along fine on their forum. The reverse its certainly true; you are certainly welcome to make your point here as everyone is as long as it's kept civil.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by rachilders

I only joined a week ago, though I'd lurked around for the past few months, made 2 posts and I'm already on the sh#t list there. I won't mention the forum by name but it (and it's counterpart forum) are inhabited by Kel-Tec fanatics. Lets just say I made the mistake of mentioning another gun company had announced they were coming out with new models similar to K-T's and my downhill slide began. I was accused of being in the employ of the "other" manufacurer, of "trolling" and somehow trying badmouth their sacred K-T's.

I simply pointed out that a new company (SKYY, for those that haven't heard) is, or will be soon, making several guns very similar to some of K-T's and that competion is a good thing since it helps bring out improvements and lower the price for the consumer. I mentiond I owned guns from both companies and that from my experience, both had their good and bad points relative to the other. I even said I was considering the purchase of another K-T in the near future since they do make a good product that does the job it was designed for pretty well.

Several members tried to come to my defense, but the vocal minority ruled and my supporters were shouted down. If I used the language some of the members used on me around my house, even now my mother would slap my face and wash my mouth out with soap! I finally discovered (too late it would seem) that you don't visit a Chevy dealer and mention that their newest model looks just like one that Ford is going to build; at least not without calling Ford plagiaristic ******** who should be charged with copyright infringement!

I should have paid more notice to the opening statement of their forum rules... "This is NOT an open society..." How true THAT statement was.

I would lose no sleep over this at all

CLASS3:
    I had a similar problem registering with a brand name gun related sight - also due to my IP address. Thing is, I'm using dial-up! It took me almost two years of trying to finally get registered there. Only thing I could figure out is they've been around long enough to have a large list of banned IP addresses, then everytime I tried to connect I must've connected through one of them.

I rarely go on that Forum anyway but I do find a good amount of model specific info posted there and from time to time it's nice to be able to ask questions.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3
    CLASS3:
    I had a similar problem registering with a brand name gun related sight - also due to my IP address. Thing is, I'm using dial-up! It took me almost two years of trying to finally get registered there. Only thing I could figure out is they've been around long enough to have a large list of banned IP addresses, then everytime I tried to connect I must've connected through one of them.

I rarely go on that Forum anyway but I do find a good amount of model specific info posted there and from time to time it's nice to be able to ask questions.
    Jack

I have Broadband access, and dialup........but either way........I'm "banned'.......I'm not losong any sleep over it though...........in my mind.........I think they lost out....Probably the very same Forum that you got banned from LOL...
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

I sent this reply to someone else a little earlier, but I'll post it here for all to see...

I guess someone at the forum put in a good word for me since I'm told I'm not actually "banned". However, I'm on notice that my offending thread was closed and I would be monitored closely in the future. If I cause any more problems, it's hit the road Jack. I suppose I'm now in triple, secret, special, probation.

Sounds like it's time for tha' animals to have a toga party!
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links