On-line attitude? - Page 5

On-line attitude?

This is a discussion on On-line attitude? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; wow! "Toga" Toga" Toga"..................or is it "Tora Tora Tora" <JK>...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    wow! "Toga" Toga" Toga"..................or is it "Tora Tora Tora" <JK>
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

I thought you guys might be up for a little light diversion. Here's my offending post and a quick summary of some the replies I recieved at that other forum.

My original post...

Has anyone here read this release from SKYY... http://www.skyyindustries.com/Newspage.html .
    It is interesting how SKYY announced a future new single stack 9 the same weekend that Kel-Tec displays their single stack PF-9 in Los Vegas and SKYY put out the specs on their new 380 at the same time. I wonder if there was a purpose behind that or just "coincidence"?

I have a CPX and I also own a P-3AT (along with several dozen other handguns). Both guns fill a need I had and do it well, at least for me. Personally, I wouldn't care if SKYY's products are copies of K-T guns. If the SKYY guns are copies of K-T, K-T should consider it a compliment since imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Actually, to me it's like complaining that Springfield or Kimber are copies of Colt because they all make 1911'sl On the other hand, a 1911 is a 1911 is a 1911... there are only so many ways you can make it and still have a 1911. Besides, a compact, DOA, concealed carry pistol will, by necessity, be limited to a certain size and design. If you check out some of the other guns out there, there is a certain family resemblance between most guns of that category.

Personally, I'd probably go with the model that gives me the best value for the dollar and the features I want. If K-T can do it, they will get my business... A little competition between suppliers is always a healthy thing for the consumer; it helps improve the product and usually keeps prices lower for us buyers.

These are some of the more interesting replies...

WARNING: Some of the following language is not for young kids, so have them look away if there are any in the room. This forum seems to have an EDIT feature to block certain words, but that other one doesn't.

"rachilders... You're bein' watched!!!" MODERATOR
    "Is this your rather oblique way of trying to convince us that the Skyy is just as good as a Kel-Tec? Or are you just trying to get us to equate Skyys with KT in the imagined battle for credibility among owners of different brands? Hmmm, why would you want to do that??"
    "Please spare me the "made in the USA" horsecrap... Skyy is nothing more than a parasite - a tiny little worm sucking blood from KT's colon. The equivalent of one good hard fart will very likely leave them splattered all over the wall in the rest-stop bathroom where they belong. Screw them and the jobs they create..."
    "Why is it that you so remind me of the asshat that pulled that crap over on another forum?"
    "As I said elsewhere, if you believe that, I've got some land you might be interested in... in the 9th ward (of New Orleans)."
    "...many of these post sound like "marketing" from those that are on the inside of Skyy. ...I would suggest that it may be best to find another forum. I call BS on you rachilders; I think you work for, or are otherwise affiliated with Skyy and are here to promote their agenda. So please leave, no one will miss you."
    "Personal attack? LOL! The only thing you could possibly construe from my posts as a personal attack is me voicing my suspiscions that you are here posting here to further Skyy's agenda, for reasons yet to be revealed. As you may have noticed, I am not the only one who suspects you of this - if you had any sense at all you would have figured it out a while ago... because you say you are not an employee or don't live in Florida, that somehow proves me wrong? I can put whatever I want under "Location" in my profile too, BFD. Even if you are not on the payroll, I still have seen nothing that makes me think you are here to do anything but promote Skyy."
    "I gave you a chance to stop being an idiot. You chose not to.That ain't MY fault, it's YOURS... I wash my hands of this BS." MODERATOR
    "Show some common sense, and/or grow some thicker skin... Yup, I am the as***** - the as***** who loves Kel-Tecs, and doesn't like companies that leech off of their development. I am not the as***** that shows up to the Oakland Raider rally in a Joe Montana jersey, then wonders why he ends up unpopular... If you are just here to push Skyy pistols as an employee, investor, or otherwise; then I hope you do leave... At this point, I am far less worried about you being a Skyy troll than a whiney drama queen. You have had every chance to just let it drop, but you blame others for your outright stupidity in coming here... You are now officially a ****tard in my book, and I would be much happier with you gone than here... Screw rachilders and his passive/aggressive crybaby nonsense. Surv, if you want to waste half your weekend with this *****, that is your affair - but I don't see the attraction... a ****tard is in politics in San francisco"
    "Good job, it's nice to see it from this side. Did I mention +1+"
    "That's it! I'm locking this thread! You're all on probation." MODERATOR

I also made a few responses to some of the other posts. While I was beginning to get a little PO'd by some of the replies, I think my response was rather straight foward and not too over the top, considering...

"If anyone doesn't want to buy SKYY's product, for whatever the reason, that's their decision. I buy a product on it's merits and my needs, not to be PC or follow the crowd... FWIW, there are a lot of CZ, SIG, Kimber, Walther, S&W and GLOCK owners who feel that Kel-Tec is "inferior" and would never shoot one, much less own one. However, I don't think there are very many here who'd agree. I happen to own both a K-T & a SKYY and think they both serve the purpose for which they were built rather well... Then, (to me) it's the gun that gives me the best value for the dollar. More expensive or being first doesn't always mean better... BTW, the Chinese steal and copy anything they can, then sell it for next to nothing compared to what the original cost. They pay nothing to the US in taxes or royalties and try to cut out any competition. SKYY's guns are made here in the USA, just like K-T’s, where they pay taxes and employ people. They sell their products at the same (if not a bit more) MSRP as K-T, so there is no undercutting and SKYY's products seem to be of comparable quality (at least so far) as the K-T's. Only time will tell how well SKYY will do or how well their guns are really made, but K-T was a new company not that long ago and they had the chance to prove themselves. I also don't see SKYY putting K-T out of business or even putting a major dent in their sales... at least no time soon. To me, they're like Ford and Chevy. Most of their vehicles are so much alike now you have to look at the name to see the difference. However, there are differences and it gives you a choice to pick from. Like I said earlier, there's usually nothing wrong with some healthy competition. "
    "I wrongly assumed that everyone here would know by now that I have no ax to grind with either K-T or SKYY. Like every other gun you can buy today, they both have their good points and bad. I just call them as I see them and had no intention of promoting one make over there."
    "FWIW, if you read much of my site, you know I have no real preference for any particular handgun, though I am a bit partial to Bersa's. I am not affiliated in ANY way with ANY gun maker and I try to be fair in my opinion and judgment of them all. I must agree that you were correct when you said this is a tight knit group of fans (fanatics?) and should have seen that from the start. I didn't realize the group will not tolerate any comparison or mention of a competitor of K-T in anything but a negative light and that was a major error on my part. A similar post has already been locked out at the forum; I expect the same will happen elsewhere in a short while."
    "I have always thought highly of K-T's products, that's why I own one and plan to buy at least one more. Sadly, I can't say the same for some, though not all, of it's other owners. I'm sorry to have bothered everyone with an attempt at objectivity... However, I can take a "hint" and know when I've been asked to leave the room. There are still forums where objectivity is welcome, open discussion is not limited to blindly following the pack and individuals are not personally attacked and shouted down if they dare express an opinion of their own. If I want the personal attacks and ridicule, I'll call my mother-in-law!"
    "As as far as I'm concerned, this thread has run it's course and to contniue would cause more hate and discontent among those involved. I still plan to hang around awhile; the gun tips and other info are too good to pass up due to a "misunderstanding", to put it kindly. I think that everyone here should get back to what I thought these forums were about... sharing information and experience with people of similar interest. (PLEASE no more remarks about my bringing up SKYY here).

I plan to walk away from this whole mess and consider it a lesson learned. If anyone else wants to continue to beat this dog, have at it."

NOTE: There were a few supporter's...

"I really think you guys are reading way to much into this. I was curious about Mr. Childers since he stated in his profile to be in a town only 15 miles or so away from me. Realizing the bad blood created over the SKYY VP's stupidity and whatever the possibility that SKYY plagerized the KT design, I did a Google and easily found a very good background on Mr. Childers. I even went to the extreme of finding the Skyy forum and read a post by rachilders discussing his admiration for Kel-Tec and his interest in the Skyy product(s). He even stated that he was in the market to purchase another KT pistol, on the Skyy forum no less."
    Mr. Childers, I hope to meet you at the range (ETRPC) some day, but if I not, thank you for your career service to our nation, and for the example you display in caring for your family."
    "Po####gun is like the energizer bunny, he can keep going and going and going and going and going and.......well you guys know what I mean! Thats why I quit my discussion with ya on Wal-Mart, it would have gotten ridiculous and trivial like we have so recently seen, it has ended with namecalling."

Well, that's pretty much how it went. I left out a lot of the chit-chat between other posters and condensed some of the posts down to the "basics" since there were over 50 replies, but I think this pretty much covers the main jist of the whole thread.

FYI, I posted the same thread, almost word for word, at the SKYY forum. In fact, it was posted there before I posted to the other forum. There has not been a single negative reply there concerning the thread or negative comment about me. I also wonder if there is any significance to the fact SKYY’s forum is almost non confrontational compared to the two main K-T forums and the members there seem to be more mature?

What do you guys think, did I go over-the-edge and bring it on myself or am I just being too "sensitive" and over react?
    Last edited by rachilders; February 16th, 2006 at 09:48 AM.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Assistant Administrator
    Looking at this broadly - it seems that there are some folks who are very narrow minded - and look for any excuse to attack. People can disagree politely.

There are aspects of what you posted which certainly merited discussion but to say or suggest you were a ''Skyy spy'' was pretty absurd. I know folks will rush to defend their love of one gun but some of that was flaming for flaming's sake IMO.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

wow..........what a bunch of junk they posted on you........Seems pretty narrow-minded on their part... I don't remember that post on our Forum........but i remember a posting about the Skyy pistols.....I think I'd part company with that Forum......you got rail-roaded for sure...............
    GLAD to have you here ......where it's sane..
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

What do you guys think, did I go over-the-edge and bring it on myself or am I just being too "sensitive" and over react?
    In my view, I'd say you were being very reasonable and did not over react. All you were trying to do was have an informed discussion. It's too bad that some of the other folks are that immature.
    "To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them."
    George Mason

"Gun control is a job-safety program for criminals."
    John R. Lott

Aside from the good info and intelligent discussions, one of the main reasons I like this forum is the members are adults and act like it... not like testosterone loaded teenagers in a locker room trying to show how macho they are.
    Last edited by rachilders; February 16th, 2006 at 05:27 PM.
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

sm

I joined up because...

-I had lost Betty, then found her again. Had to do with keeping tabs on a mutual friend named Sam.
    Well...there was some stuff like - how many weapons can Betty conceal? Which btw I never got a accurate count of, did she ever teach her tarantulas to shoot? ...

-Noticed a bunch of folks I knew. Chris for instance, he talks with an accent btw, his wife giggles when I speak to her. Now what I have not figured out is how come Chris's better half giggles when she reads my post? I mean do I really type that "Southern"?

-I have been on the other side of the monitor...it is more wierd back there than peering into one shot at by a 12 ga slug...
    So I have a lot of respect and appreciation for what Staff, Mods and members do here.

-Okay, now do I get a count on how many weapons Betty can conceal...the spiders...?

Regards,

steve
    Use Enough Gun

I would have left that forum in a heartbeat! I used to have a P-3AT and traded that little fingerbuster! Maybe it was just me but that trigger guard tore up my finger every time I shot it. Much happier with my new Taurus 85 Airlite .38+P and it has a bigger bang than a
    .380 but understand I'm not slamming the cartridge, I wouldn't want to get shot with a .22!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

I used to be a member of a board and they had a hissy fit when I mentioned that the only thing that I didn't like was the long trigger reset. You'd thought that I had just walked up and peed on their alter or something.

One of the things that I've noticed about certain boards and members of, that that a majority of them start to become "clubs" and then they go downhill unless you're a "member" (not a general member but a special member of the club).

I've noticed that big time on two boards that I used to visit. Here, everyone seems to get along and the mods/admins don't "throw their weight around" in a bully type way. They do their jobs but don't seem to "have it out" for anyone.

Wayne
    Last edited by Wayne; February 16th, 2006 at 09:13 PM.

Well I got really fed up and left another gun forum site for awhile in hopes it would improve but no dice so I left again.

Seems over half the threads I had interest in would get posts by trollish types wanting to be wize-achers to put it mildley.

I hope it does get better as it was a decent place at first but I think because of the high traffic there were not enough moderators on duty to keep up with everything.

I know its not Fun but we don't like a lot of Talking bad about other forums here..

We want to Avoid cross forum wars

Which I know we have all see before and we don't want to have it here so lets try to stay away from this kind of thing..

Especially naming the boards by name .

Thanks Bud

Assistant Administrator
    Now what I have not figured out is how come Chris's better half giggles when she reads my post? I mean do I really type that "Southern"?
    Steve - it is an ''associative'' thing - if she reads your text - now, she ''hears'' ya - see?! LOL!

But hey - if she can handle my accent she can handle yours
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White
    I know its not Fun but we don't like a lot of Talking bad about other forums here..

We want to Avoid cross forum wars

Which I know we have all see before and we don't want to have it here so lets try to stay away from this kind of thing..

Especially naming the boards by name .

Thanks Bud

No problemo, don't intend to name any names at all. Not even sure if it's still up and running either.

Just was giving an example of how unchecked bad attitudes can ruin a board for those wanting decent discussion of firearms.

Biged63 my post wasn't specifically direct at you just everyone who is posting about stuff like that

Okay, no problem there. Thought I might have mistakenly typed it in a way where it might be construed as pointing at some other forum.

And I agree, forum wars can reek got tied up in one on a different type of forum once. What a mess to stop and clear up. What can also be bad is when offline stuff gets drug up online too.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links