On-line attitude? - Page 6

On-line attitude?

This is a discussion on On-line attitude? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by BigEd63 What a mess to stop and clear up. What can also be bad is when offline stuff gets drug up online ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: On-line attitude?

Quote Originally Posted by BigEd63

What a mess to stop and clear up. What can also be bad is when offline stuff gets drug up online too.
    You are correct and thats why I reminded everyone that we don't want that to happen here.

I agree and I think it's best to have a positive attitude online.

Better to share general info, facts and experience. With a bit of good natured ribbing thrown in of course.

Sounds like it's time to practice some of those better standards we have here and move on without bashing anyone else. We don't want to become like the people we complain about, do we!

I think we all know of more than a few other groups that are more semi-private social clubs than open forums. We should all be grateful we have a place like this one to come to!
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

sorry, edited the post I made and remove the name.

That is the reason that I didn't mention the names of the boards that I thought (as in, it's my opinion) that were more like "clubs". I forgot about the rule of not naming names.

Wayne

DC Founder
    I did some minor cleanup on the language and took out some of the "giveaways" on what forum was being discussed. Not really a big deal, just want to keep the justification for a cross forum war down. Most can read what they need to between the lines and I left enough of the questionable language in so we can all get an idea how that whole discussion went.

I hope that the above posts serve as an explanation as to why we have the forum rules we do and why we have a very low tolerance to flames. There is simply no reason anyone (in the case, rachilders) should have to take this abuse for such a benign post. Piling on like a pack of dogs will never be allowed in this forum.....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Distinguished Member Array dimmak's Avatar
    I avoid sitting with certain guys at work on lunch break, because every 10th word or so is "F***" in one of its forms or another. Profanity shows a lack of maturity and so does having a bad attitude.
    Using discretion before posting is a good practice and one I try to adhere to as much as possible.
    The positive atmosphere here is one of the reasons I enjoy frequenting this forum.
    "Ray Nagin is a colossal disappointment" - NRA/ILA Executive Director Chris W. Cox.

"...be water, my friend."

Assistant Administrator
    Using discretion before posting is a good practice and one I try to adhere to as much as possible.
    Good move dimmak and one thru observation we can see works well here for most of us.

Makes me think of the parallel to the old carpenter's rule -

"Measure twice - cut once''

Becomes - ''Consider twice - post once'' (oh and - fast edit if needed'' LOL!)
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry
    Makes me think of the parallel to the old carpenter's rule -

"Measure twice - cut once''

Becomes - ''Consider twice - post once'' (oh and - fast edit if needed'' LOL!)
    Very good! I will add to my personal code of conduct: "Consider twice, speak once. Or not at all..."

I wish I could edit some of my past utterances the way we can fix things on this forum.

SSKC

I don't know anything about a 'Forum War', but this one is definitely a winner!
    I didn't have to read around only a day or two to realize that the moderators and members of this Forum are well-educated, articulate, and level-headed. There is definitely a comfortable atmosphere here - where a 'newbie' like me can feel at home and 'gun vets' who have made themselves comfortable here for a while can joke, laugh, and stay 'civilized' without being crude or offensive to fellow members.

I wish I was middle age + again.

frankmako

Wow. Popular thread. This forum definately is an oasis in a desert of ....well something unpleasant (you all know what I mean). It is great to have a place that I can learn from others' wisdom, experience and mistakes. It's also great to be able to laugh with you all. Though I am young, I've been on the 'net for many years and it is full of people who "know everything". It isn't just that anonimity(SP?) gives people a boost of bravado, but it gives the very young the ability to go where they should not. At any rate, the quality of this forum can easily be attributed to two things:
    1. Its rational members (who bring the quality discussion, wisdom, experience, jokes and anecdotes)
    2. Its Admin and Mods (who also bring the above in addition to keeping everyone in line, putting out fires and smiting trolls without mercy.)

Thank you all, and here's to continued good things (as in all of the cool stuff written about above)!
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Sponsored Links