People Getting Too Close... - Page 3

People Getting Too Close...

This is a discussion on People Getting Too Close... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by EdC Good job. No criticism, just comments. I'd add a tip I got from a handgun self defense course I took, and ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: People Getting Too Close...

Quote Originally Posted by EdC View Post
    Good job. No criticism, just comments. I'd add a tip I got from a handgun self defense course I took, and that's to stand rearward of the hose when fueling up, so you don't get boxed in between your vehicle, the pumps and the hose. Depends on location of the filler, of course. My filler is on the driver's side, rear, so that's what I always do. Also, another case for having OC as an option as well as a firearm.
    EDC, I have thought about that but then the BG could come from behind.

Gizmo, I was once a decent boxer and have some MMA type training as well. But, at 48 I'm getting to the point were I know a younger man could probably put a hurtin on me. I would hate to draw my weapon but the older I get the more likely I would have to in order keep from getting hurt. You know the old saying: "don't mess with an old guy cause he'll just shoot ya"

Thanks for all the replies!!

fm2
    Quote Originally Posted by EdC View Post
    ...that's to stand rearward of the hose when fueling up, so you don't get boxed in between your vehicle, the pumps and the hose. Depends on location of the filler, of course.
    Excellent point. What I was getting at also; you're in the neck of the funnel, limiting movement & visibility.

Quote Originally Posted by fm2 View Post
    Excellent point. What I was getting at also; you're in the neck of the funnel, limiting movement & visibility.
    Light bulb above the head moment!! I get "it" now. Excellent idea.. not to mention firing a weapon and gas pumps don't mix.. LOL!!!!Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    When I went through the NYS basic training academy, we were drilled to make use of objects in the room or where ever you are to create barriers between yourself and anyone you don't trust. So you did very well by opening the door to put something between you and the stranger. Good SA
    I used to supervise social workers, and all of my folks offices were set up so the caseworker was by the door and the desk was between them and the client chairs. None of my folks were ever assaulted in their offices, while several employees in other units were.

fm2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticman View Post
    Light bulb above the head moment!! I get "it" now. Excellent idea.. not to mention firing a weapon and gas pumps don't mix.. LOL!!!!Thanks!!
    Yep, I wasn't trying to be "that guy" in my OP. The UG(unknown guy) has the initiative, movement can help you regain it.

WS, good job!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links