Converted two of three

This is a discussion on Converted two of three within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I took two reps from a vendor that I use at work to the shooting range recently. One is a rabid anti-gun, left wing... person, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Converted two of three

Converted two of three

I took two reps from a vendor that I use at work to the shooting range recently. One is a rabid anti-gun, left wing... person, though very nice and very intelligent. I very much enjoy debating someone like that. Since she was female, I had her bring a friend so there was no appearance of impropriety.

The rabid anti-gun, left wing, nice, intelligent one learned that guns are just things that can be handled safely. The degree to which she enjoyed shooting my .22s really surprised her. She was so proud, she saved her targets and called her dad that night.

The friend who came along is a conservative bow hunter who never shoots handguns. After learning a bit about handgun safety and CCW, she is actually pursuing a CCW permit, with a girlfriend of hers. Her husband is delighted.

So, I took two ladies to the range. One is getting a CCW, the other softened her gun politics a bit a third person I've never met is getting her permit too.

I'm pretty happy. If you'll forgive the expression, this is the fruit of not being a closeted carrier. (Now be grown up about this)

2. Remove Ads

Congratulations, being a women I am always happy to hear that there are more women out there that know how to "play" safely with guns and use them for protection if need be.

~Krockett

People are usually surprised...their ignorance is just that because they have never had any exposure to them. Once they actually see they are not bad or menacing they usuallly at least "soften".
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Wish you were closer to NC. I need someone to take my wife to the range. She will not go with me, mainly because of my spending 3 years training PVT's in the Army. She's not an anti, just refuses to let me take her to the range and teach shooting.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Congrats........

Be Alert and Stay Safe

FastDraw

Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    Wish you were closer to NC. I need someone to take my wife to the range. She will not go with me, mainly because of my spending 3 years training PVT's in the Army. She's not an anti, just refuses to let me take her to the range and teach shooting.
    I'm with you with that. I will probably have the folks at the range teach my wife. She does not take direction well from me.
    Heavily Medicated For Your Protection

Excellent work. We need more like you, best way to beat those anti gunners is to have them join US !!! I've converted a few myself too. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.
    Last edited by sass20485; January 26th, 2009 at 10:21 PM.

My daughter use to be kinda like I don't need a gun mindset until something happened and I asked her if sahe ever thought about carrying a gun,she now owns a MP9c and knows how to use it,and she told me she loves it.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

jfl
    Teaching your S.O. can be a source of problems; I have friends who are flight instructors who asked me to give flight instruction to their wives ...
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Congrats & good work, will be doing some of the same "up nort" when our weather breaks.

Congrats. I think all women should know how to use a handgun. I know I'm glad I took an interest in handguns. And my boyfriend did a great job at teaching me and not being too pushy with it.
    "Gun control has not worked in D.C. The only people who have guns are criminals. We have the strictest gun laws in the nation and one of the highest murder rates. It's quicker to pull your Smith & Wesson than to dial 911 if you're being robbed." -Lowell Duckett

GREAT JOB! Way to go!
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Had a similar experience about a month ago. I took a guy I know (very left-wing anti-gun Californian-in-exile) and took him to shoot shotguns with a buddy of mine.

After giving him the safety lesson, we started launching clay for him to shoot. After shooting my friend's more traditional over/under, I let him use my Mossberg 590A1 shottie with the SpecialOps stock. He loved it.

After blasting through about 200 rounds of ammo, the three of us wrapped up the morning. As we drove home, we talked about all of the problems with the assault weapons ban and general problems with gun control legislation. Like many left-wingers, he though the assault weapons ban was about restricting fully-automatic weapons!

He didn't completely convert, but he wants to go shooting again. Next time I think I'll take him to shoot handguns so he can see that they're not evil either.

Taking people to the range is the best way for the shooting to make our point. That guns require responsibility, skill and can be tons of fun. That will change more people's thoughts than all the words in the world.

We should all take a to the range a couple times a year.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Dal,

If y'all are ever going to be near Burlington, let me know. I could take her to our range.
    NC CCH Instructor, NRA Instructor
    NRA
    GOA
    Beretta 96 Brigadier
    Kimber Pro Eclipse II 1911
    Taurus PT1911

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links