Defensive Carry banner

Iowa: Two Shall Issue Bills Introduced. See Post 22 for Update.

2K views 23 replies 21 participants last post by  XDFender 
#1 · (Edited)
I know there's talk of two different bills. :confused: I hope one of them gets passed, this "may issue" crap has got to stop.

House File 88 - Introduced

Hope if it does well.

#2 ·
That would be nice. My girlfriend's family is in Iowa, and then maybe they would recognize one of my permits and I could carry there :) Or get a nonres if they started it too... Hope she passes!

#10 ·
Hope it goes well for the residents of Iowa. Always nice to take politic's and personal opinion out of the decision making process.

#12 ·
Hope it Passes with flying colors
:9:

#14 ·
Pretty limited legislation--nothing about reciprocity for us non-Iowans who travel to and through Iowa regularly. Also, I don't like the part about "if the Sheriff or Commissioner determines..."--I'm sure a hard-core anti sheriff could always find some niggling detail to deny.

But, it's a start...

#16 ·
It'll be nice! In the same package they have a "No fingerprinting for CCW permit applicants" and the Castle Doctrine (HF 86 and 87, JD!)

Semper Gumby (Always Flexible)
Dan

Ps--If the Iowa Carry bill puts permits through the DPS, it should be killed NOW. We don't need another unelected rules committee deciding what our rights are!

#19 ·
I have been waiting for this Iowa situation to improve for quite awhile. I drive from Minneapolis to Kansas City about a half a dozen times a year and hate disarming before I cross the Iowa border and then reversing the process when I get to Missouri. Gaining "Shall Issue" status is the first step and hopefully reciprocity is not too far behind.

#20 ·
IOWA

Yes it would be very nice to get that one added to our list. I am taking a trip to the Springfield mother ship next week - six hour drive but heck my wife and I need a couple of days off. I will be leaving Minnesota, disarming at the Iowa boarder, traveling extensively through there, into the communist state of Illinois - unlocking my guns and taking them in for the work. Will stay over in the quad cities that night, pick up the guns and drive home - unarmed until I get to the Minnesota boarder. Sure doesn't make any sense.

Anyway as I used to say when I went to school there GO IOWA!!!:danceban:

#21 ·
Is this just starting up in committee or is this going to a vote?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.