CCW applied for!

This is a discussion on CCW applied for! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Finally went through all the procedures today with my Sheriff's office! Now I get the fun, looooong 90 day wait. They say it will probably ...

Thread: CCW applied for!

CCW applied for!

Finally went through all the procedures today with my Sheriff's office! Now I get the fun, looooong 90 day wait. They say it will probably be the full 90 too. He asked if I sanded my fingerprints, I assume he was joking, but we had to do several extra sets to get good ones. To celebrate I ordered a new Smith & Wesson M&P compact 9mm with CT laser grip factory installed (new in the 2009 catalog). Got a great deal from my new favorite dealer! In the meantime, I have a new Emerson Combat Karambit to keep me relatively safe (and a Fox Labs OC spray). There's a pic of the knife and my Nitecore light. I'll update once I get the 9 next week!
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Way to go, my application has been in for 5 weeks should be here soon, but El Paso County seems more interested in getting guns in the hands of law abiding citizens than some of the Colorado counties.

Congrats and you WILL love the M&P. My father just bought one and is very pleased. It is good to see so many Denver area folks getting their CCWs.

That's great. Well worth the wait. Cool knife...
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

waiting is the worse. be patient. be happy. be trained.

Me too !

Ropedart-

Today was also my "meeting/application day" with City of Denver, for prints and photo, and now the LONG wait begins, of course the wait to even get the meeting was over 7 weeks. So i'm sure the 90 will turn into 120.
    Applied for FL permit on 12/8 and notice that my check just went thru the bank last week, so that one will be a long wait as well i'm sure. The new springfield XD sub 9 is getting lonely being home alone all day.

My Dad applied for his in wyoming and they told him 3-5 months, so I guess everyone is slow...

I bet everyone is slow due to the jump in apps. In SC Im being told that SLED is getting over 100 applications per week. Im sure once the rush came they didnt hire anyone else to handle the load.

Im waiting too...
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Congrats! Welcome to the fastest growing gang in the US!
    Randy
    "The only purpose for a pistol is to fight your way back to the rifle you should have never laid down". -unknown

Lol, yeah, the Sheriff told me they were getting swamped. They are trying to get another person to help out with applications and trying to get the renewals policy changed to make things easier on everyone. Nice people down there, I'm not gonna give them a hard time about the 90 days. The next appointment was for April, but because of a paperwork mistake the ladies up front squeezed me in this week, VERY generous of them.

Links