You see someone at Wally World printing...

This is a discussion on You see someone at Wally World printing... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Lets say you're standing in the cereal isle at WM and the guy next to you is obviously printing or showing his CCW. Do you ...

View Poll Results: Do you say something, or let it go?

Voters
362. You may not vote on this poll
  • Quietly bring it to their attention.

53 14.64%
  • Mind your own business.

205 56.63%
  • I like pie.

104 28.73%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: You see someone at Wally World printing...

You see someone at Wally World printing...

Lets say you're standing in the cereal isle at WM and the guy next to you is obviously printing or showing his CCW. Do you quietly let them know, or let it go?

I have mixed opinions about this. Some would appreciate it and take appropriate measures to rectify, while others might get aggressive (illegal carrier, felon, etc).

What are your thoughts?

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    3.14 for me please.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

It would depend greatly on his/her demeanor. I can usually size people up pretty well, so if they are carrying them self in a manner that appears approachable I might mention it. if they seem like that Dad at the little league game that is always having to sit alone due to his mouth then I'll let the Cops tell him he is printing.

Other than that, I like pie
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

I do not care if I print. I would suspect others feel the same. So mind your own business.

Is it illegal in TX to print? If not - why would the cops tell him/her? Not illegal here in GA. Most states that I am aware of just say concealed - nothing about printing. I OC a fair amount - so I am really not concerned if I print when I am covering it up.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyLDB View Post
    Is it illegal in TX to print? If not - why would the cops tell him/her? Not illegal here in GA. Most states that I am aware of just say concealed - nothing about printing. I OC a fair amount - so I am really not concerned if I print when I am covering it up.
    Printing in TX is not good, but the stink caused by it would vary based on the Cop who responds to the "man with a gun" call. Here we are not supposed to print, but stuff happens, but as long as the actual gun is not showing one would most likely be OK and leave with a simple warning to work on the concealment.

Now there is a push now for OC, which I still wouldn't do, but it would make things a little better, IMO, for those who do print.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyLDB View Post
    I do not care if I print. I would suspect others feel the same. So mind your own business.
    Agreed ! I'm not the guy Paco refers to but, I do like my space.
    Unless I know you, we don't need to discuss anything in public, especially what my weapon is or isn't doing.

BTW, your shoe's untied, your hair is a bit messy, you have gum on the seat of your pants, the back of your dress is tucked into your britches, your socks don't match....

Just NOT my business.
    Ritalin - So much easier than parenting.

There are some people who are legal to carry...but really don't have the personality that should go with it. You don't know who those people are or aren't. Leave it alone.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Wow I am the lone "Quietly bring it to their attention" vote. It would depend on the situation of course, but if I was the one showing, I would much rather have someone quietly say "psst hey you're printing/showing" than wait for the "that guy has a gun!" Again it would depend on the situation.

I went with I like pie.

If the guy next to me was a friend or my brother, I would say something. If it is a stranger, keep shut. OP did not specify relation. In general when it comes to firearms, as long as the person is not doing something dangerous, I let it be. IMO, most CC do print. Just because I'm a little more aware (as most CC are) does not mean it is something to gab about. I don't think there is anything wrong with mentioning something, just not my thing to do.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    It depends on locality. In a state where OC (printing) is legal I would mind my own business. However if I were in a state where OC was illegal or not accepted I would tell them.

Quote Originally Posted by be44321 View Post
    Wow I am the lone "Quietly bring it to their attention" vote. It would depend on the situation of course, but if I was the one showing, I would much rather have someone quietly say "psst hey you're printing/showing" than wait for the "that guy has a gun!" Again it would depend on the situation.

You described exactly how I feel about it.

We need to just be aware that not everyone sees it from our perspective of friendly intent as a fellow CCWer...

Gotta be careful of those strapped, loner anti-social types...

Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    I went with I like pie.

If the guy next to me was a friend or my brother, I would say something. If it is a stranger, keep shut. OP did not specify relation. In general when it comes to firearms, as long as the person is not doing something dangerous, I let it be. IMO, most CC do print. Just because I'm a little more aware (as most CC are) does not mean it is something to gab about. I don't think there is anything wrong with mentioning something, just not my thing to do.
    You are correct, I should have included a "situational" poll selection.

None of the states around here allow for OC, and printing is pretty much a no no. This is for TX, AR and LA.

So I would either quietly bring it to his attention or if they made eye contact, look at their weapon and give them a bit of a gesture to let them know they need to fix their cover garment.

In a state that allows for OC, or carry in general like TN, I would not say a thing, and would go about my own business.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

I choose pie cause I cant have any right now...

Really though. Mind your own business and quit looking to see who has a gun or not.

When printing becomes illegal then we'll worry about it.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

I choose pie as well. If I don't know them I don't speak to them. BUT I may keep my eye on them while I'm there, for that just in case feeling...
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links