Wally World Walk & Strange encounter with environmental police officer - Page 5

Wally World Walk & Strange encounter with environmental police officer

This is a discussion on Wally World Walk & Strange encounter with environmental police officer within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ckgdrums Sorry, guys and gals, I'm new here. What does it mean when you ask, "Does my visit to Wal-Mart count?" Haven't ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ckgdrums View Post
    Sorry, guys and gals, I'm new here. What does it mean when you ask, "Does my visit to Wal-Mart count?"

Haven't heard that before. (forgive my ignorance)
    When you get your CCP you're supposed to walk through WalMart to get used to carrying in a crowded place. And get Nachos!
    "Gun control has not worked in D.C. The only people who have guns are criminals. We have the strictest gun laws in the nation and one of the highest murder rates. It's quicker to pull your Smith & Wesson than to dial 911 if you're being robbed." -Lowell Duckett

Ooooh, okay. I can do that! (especially the nachos)

Thanks for clearing that up....
    Be Safe,
    Chuck

Let's see....

"Elevator doesn't go all the way to the top."
    "Couple of cans short of a six-pack."
    "Too many bats in the belfry."
    "Thick as a brick."
    "IQ smaller than his waistline."
    "High t/t ratio." (tattoo to tooth)

(got some more somewhere under all the cobwebs. *cough*)

To the OP - did you watch very carefully when you left the store? Did you keep your head on a swivel and your eyes wide open?
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Quote Originally Posted by gilraen View Post
    Let's see....

"Elevator doesn't go all the way to the top."
    "Couple of cans short of a six-pack."
    "Too many bats in the belfry."
    "Thick as a brick."
    "IQ smaller than his waistline."
    "High t/t ratio." (tattoo to tooth)

(got some more somewhere under all the cobwebs. *cough*)

To the OP - did you watch very carefully when you left the store? Did you keep your head on a swivel and your eyes wide open?
    lol I think you are right,

And when I left he was busy at the counter, buying ammo, but I was watchful, as I tend to be when carrying.

That was weird , pulling a gun in Wal Mart is NOT what a LEO
    would do, period.
    You did the right thing getting away from him regardless
    and no I don,t think you were printing.
    I think he may have been a senile old mall ninja.
    Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?

Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Maybe you were printing, but I bet it was the curves and not the gun (hope that is PC enough). I have to wonder, if this guy had been Bradd Pitt, would he have received a different reaction at first. :P

I have seen this happen to my wife a few times at Wal-Mart when she is buying ammo (well, not LE, but just random guy). The guy was most likely not a creep, just pure idiot. Female buying ammo, he may have figured he knew a few things about ammo, great opportunity to talk. When he pulled his gun, he went from some guy flirting (your average, run of the miill, idiot) to a pure idiot.

You are a woman. You will attract a certain amount of attention. When my wife and I go to the range, about 50% of the time we don't share a lane. When she is by herself in a lane, some dude almost always asks her what she is shooting, or some other stupid line.

I was getting a little frustrated by it, because she needs the time to herself to just enjoy shooting and practice. I have noticed the good looking ones get a little nicer conversation. Plus, I'm her husband (and the pretty boys just offer more of a threat). Every time they are headed out and deside to start chatting it up (now on my range time). Just gets annoying to hear the same conversation, resulting in I'm here with my husband, resulting in me having to be nice to some guy who was hitting on my wife, and did I mention taking up my range time.

I figured it was just me, need to let it go. Then one time a woman hit on me. I guess I should have mentioned I was with my wife a little sooner, as my wife came over to check on me like I was a 10 year old and she wanted to see if I was doing ok.

Well, long story short, as with everything, the gym, concerts, bars, and even the range, people are always flirting.

However, pulling the gun, that was pure idiot IMO.

As for the dirt old man. You know what they say. Once you go old, you never go back, you just get older.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Krockett View Post
    and if he was flirting with me HE WAS OLD ENOUGH TO BE MY DAD EWWWWWW.
    I am almost afraid to ask, but, how old would that be? (trying to figure out if I qualify for the "old" part of dirty old man)

As Dr. "A" says, "Don't peep at girls - STARE!"
    I met the good doctor in Virginia in the late 1980's. Quite a guy!

Yes, drawing his weapon is definitely over the line for that environment. Even us socially retarded dirty (old?) men know that.
    Last edited by mcp1810; January 30th, 2009 at 02:46 PM.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by Tejano View Post
    Plain & Simple - What he did was irresponsibly, un-professionally, un-justifiably WRONG! - REPORT IT ASAP to his department.
    x2 - definetly report it to the Chief/Head Game Warden or whoever. They should be aware of how their guys are acting. You should be able to describe him enough to let them know if it really was one of their guys or an impersonator.

As a woman, that would have creeped me out too! I don't mind being flirted with a little (honestly, who doesn't) , but as soon as he went to pulling his gun out of the holster...red flag!
    I could go into what "I would have done" but it all was okay in the end for you & that's what counts!

This would be a good "what if" scenario to start in another thread.

He was simply a old fart trying to flirt with a young girl!! How many women have you seen buying ammo at WalMart? I haven't seen any, this doesn't mean I would hit on her if there was one. Just something you women face from us men, sorry!!
    But congrats on your Wally World trip, hopefully my wife will make her first legal trip in a few weeks!!

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Most likely he was not part of the EPO's. Mass EPO uniforms are green in color and are a patrol style uniform. Most likely this guy was a local game warden or fisheries and wildlife employee.

Mass EPO''s are squared away guys and gals.

I would not report him. It is very wrong to unholster the gun, but in a way, as long as it is done safely, who cares. I'm not suggesting people do this, but it does happen. I have had LEO show me there firearm before. Even had one unholster his BUG, take the rounds out, and hand it to me (a Kahr 9mm). It is an anti-gun pc correct statement to say don't unholster the weapon. I would not unholster my firearm, but part of the reason is being PC. In a more gun friendly world, how big of a deal would it really be to show someone a firearm. People hand people their knifes sometimes in conversation to get the feel.

Slightly agressive, trying to act helpful, talkative, and an idiot for taking the firearm out of a holster. I'm not defending his actions, just don't think he needs to be emasculated at work and maybe at home. Are his actions really worth ruining his life over?
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

VIP Member
    Good job. Relax, you did everything right. You were polite, vigilant, and armed. Sometimes socially challenged people do awkward things meaning no harm. If you just take it as a compliment and move on, you can keep your focus on potentially harmful situations. I doubt you were printing as such. There are other ways to suspect someone is armed. In some states printing, display, or open carry is illegal. In any case it is a tactical blunder. Except in Walmart, where we have to put up with a lot to save a little and live better.

The other side of the coin:

If I'm caught in the notions section, buying some Singer Sewing Machine Oil (cheap, high quality range oil for my 1911's) do you think some old lady is going to hit on me, and maybe even show me her wichamagagit?
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Quote Originally Posted by gunthorp View Post
    If I'm caught in the notions section, buying some Singer Sewing Machine Oil (cheap, high quality range oil for my 1911's) do you think some old lady is going to hit on me, and maybe even show me her wichamagagit?
    She might. Depends on how horny and lonely she is.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

I'm not a lady, but I would have just started walking away when he pulled out the gun. Any place someone is being unsafe with a gun is a place you don't want to be.

I think he is strange too. Just because he Unholstered in public. Just not my form of gun safety and many people could freak, In fact I would freak.. Is this dude drawing on me? Is this the way he is going to start his killing spree?
    On a side note, some young hotties like older men, If you donít try you may never know.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links