Maybe itís just meÖ.

This is a discussion on Maybe itís just meÖ. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by jframe38 Everyone here is right on. I found that when I lost a few pounds I started carrying more IWB and that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maybe itís just meÖ.

Quote Originally Posted by jframe38 View Post
    Everyone here is right on. I found that when I lost a few pounds I started carrying more IWB and that really helps in the concealment category.
    I read somewhere that CCing should be comforting and not so much comfortable.

My carry rig is both comforting and comfortable. If what/how you're carrying isn't, then why not just change it to make it comfortable?
    Throw nature out with a pitchfork
    And yet she will return

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    It might be more correct to tell folks "it'll become part of you" because like you, I never "forget I have it on". But I did reach a point where I don't think about it all the time and I do feel naked without it!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I have had a carry permit since 1971. I am always aware of my carry weapons and how I move. They were only a few Open Carry staes that I lived in so concealment was / is a priority. It's like checking for your wallet or cash or keys or knife. I know where they are and their position. It becomes second nature but you must stay aware of your weapons.
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Been a year for me, I still do the adjustments getting out the car, etc, for instance in winter i slightly tuck my shirt behiind my OWB holster since i have a coat on, why make it harder to draw?? When I go to enter a business, bar, store etc. I flip my shirt back over it before removing my coat.

I think you are merely pointing out they very nature of being aware of your surroundings. checking people is merely measuring up possible threats etc. Just cause they got a gun tucked or concealed doesn't make em an honest CC with a permit

I'd say right on man.

I was in South Side in Pittsbugh for the Steeler Superbowl, I was eying up people most of the night, with the exemption of the party I was at, merely because I knew the people there pretty well.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    ACT 235 Certified #45700

I've only been carrying for a few months and I feel/act similarly to you. I think actually "forgetting" you have it on would be a little TOO relaxed. Aren't we supposed to be more aware of our surroundings than the sheeple?

I'll forget about mine after driving/flying for a while, but other than that I am always conscious of my gun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links