Who hates crowds?

This is a discussion on Who hates crowds? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hate them! Won't get within miles of a mall between Thanksgiving and February!!...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who hates crowds?

Lead Moderator
    Hate them! Won't get within miles of a mall between Thanksgiving and February!!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

2. Remove Ads

Hate crowds. There are many reasons, but most of it stems from the thought that it would be so easy for someone to detonate themselves and kill 100s or 1000s. As crazy as the world is becoming anymore, I just don't trust people. I try to avoid them as much as possible, but I don't let it interfere if there is something I really want to do. For example, every year the wife and I go to at least 1 Penn State football game. Want a crowd-try 100,000 screaming drunk maniacs!

As far as parties go-we don't go to them. I am pretty much anti-social and would rather be locked up in my house chilling. The best place in the world to me is in northern PA where it is still very rural. My parents have 500 achers and I can just go up there and get lost. Just me, a bulldog, and my .45 and life doesn't get much better.

We also avoid going out to bars. In the past, every time we would go to one, someone would want to pick a fight with me. I guess because of the way I look. So, instead of getting arrested, we decided no more bars. Now, we only go out to eat with friends from time to time.

We went out to dinner with my wife's boss and her husband a month back. The next day he came into the salon to do some maintenance and he said to my wife, "Boy, Rick doesn't say much, does he?" That is just the way I am. I don't really talk to people until I warm up to them, and it takes me a long time to warm up to people.
    "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. For when you look long into the abyss, the abyss also looks into you."

Nietzsche

Here is an example of the 'white out'.
    Attached Images
    "Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. For when you look long into the abyss, the abyss also looks into you."

Nietzsche

Hate the crowds at any H.S. football game.
    And I dont go to the movies-Dark and crowed.

MM, I call that place Orlando Rodent, so we're on the same wavelength

Regarding crowds, I avoid them too. Way too many things can go wrong. A Bird friend of mine doesn't attend any place with more than about 100 people. It makes him uncomfortable.
    Dave

“The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms”. General George Patton—US Army

Vis et Veneratio

"So this is how democracy dies: to thunderous applause." Actress Natalie Portman as Padme in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

6000' above sea level - Albuquerque NM USA
    Wow, interesting how many gun folks feel this way.

I like people, but I've always disliked crowds.

Drives my wife sort of nuts - we've had to work on ways to socialize that we can both roll with. We can have another couple or two over for dinner, but more than that and I start to get antsy. I don't care for going out to bars to hear live music and I absolutely loathe and refuse to attend concerts or big sporting events.

I live on the edge of town, right up against the national forest. Personally, I like to hike up into the mountains, get off the trails, and just be by myself at least once a week. Sort of a reset button for my attitude.

Well, it seems the theme of this thread, is that almost 100% of us here arent into the crowds. I agree, I hate crowds, and living here in the Las Vegas area, we get them, especially on the Strip. I've lived here 7 years, and have been on the Strip maybe 3-4 times at the most. Saw 2 shows(George Strait and "O") and a dinner early in Jan given by one of the doc's my wife works for at an Indian restraunt.
    I've never been much of a socializer, even in the job I was in. Lucky, most of my dealings were one on one. My wife being an Administrator of a large Urology Group here in LV, is suppose to be social, going to dinners, meetings, etc., which she usually gets out of by some excuse. She's gonna retire by the end of the year, so we can leave this "rat-race" of the desert and head north to our 5 acres in the wet of WA state.

John

Even my wife's family gatherings are more than I like to deal with. If it's nice, I'll land outside for the duration. If it's not, I'll find an unpopular corner somewhere. Malls and Amusement parks are out of the question, though I do take the kids to the zoo once in a while, usually on nice days out of season.

I don't dislike people in general, and unlike some have stated, I believe that most people in this country are sane. Well, in the middle of the country, anyway. I try to assume that everyone I meet is just like me, and I figure they are working on an escape plan at the same time as I am :) Never hurts to hope for the best, as long as you are prepaired for the worst!
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Membership Revoked Array HappyGunner's Avatar
    The wife and I had a local park we really enjoyed walking around in.

Well the last time we went there we found it had been invaded by so many non-english speaking people and they were rude. Pushed in front of us and their kids were running wild.

There was a lady cop trying to get them from parking on the parks grass and they were giving her a hard time. She had to call for backup to get them to move.

We gave up and left and have yet to return. Around here you can't win against them the kill is in around my crime infested cowtown.

Yeah some crowds we hate more then others.

DC Founder
    I don't like crowds wither. Never have. The absolute worst was COMDEX, with over 200,000 people crammed together, many of them from Japan. The Japanese seem to thrive in crowded conditions which seems to eliminate manners. Hesitate and you will get run over. I never go to sports events, avoid movie theaters unless it is an "off" time and extremely rare that I go to a mall. Gun shows I don't seem to mind....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Membership Revoked Array HappyGunner's Avatar

Wink The real BIG gunshow crowd

When Wanenmacher's has his Tulsa Arms Show you really see a BIG crowd. But they are gun people so it's ok.

I hate crowds and my wife loves to shop. Since I don't like for her to be alone and vulnerable to an attack, when she wants to shop, I grit my teeth and do the right thing.

Thank the Lord neither of us is a sports fanatic! We're both high school teachers and while the administration would like for us to attend the school sports events, but we're both of enough seniority to reply with: Sorry, I can't attend...I HAVE a life...

Other than her need to catch the sales, we otherwise are homebodies. Party with the next door neighbors at times (barbeque across the fence and stuff) but otherwise avoid the party circuit for our age group. We DO eat at restaurants quite a bit. I carry always, and never have a beer with dinner. Don't drink much at all anymore. Unlike my days on active duty when it was normal to shoot pool in the "O" Club and drink "dinner" with my pals....
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Assistant Administrator
    Hahaha - oh my - near 100% agreement LOL! What a bunch we are.

I guess tho that figures - we are very like minded in the broad sense - perhaps too quite a good measure of us ''gettin' on'' in age terms. I know my crowd dislike has onl;y increased over the years.

Ahhh HG - the Tulsa Gun Show - well all being well wife and I will be there - meeting amongst others Larry and Sandy Ashcraft. I will certainly be less ill at ease being with gun folks but expect it'll still be pretty tight for space - never find it relaxing not being able to walk in a straight line!!!

But - reckon I'll do my best to ''endure'' it all
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I have panic disorder so crowds are not for me. I'm really not that social either, not a loner but not into large events.

About the most I can handle is wally world around 4am in the morning.

Wayne

Assistant Administrator
    I have panic disorder
    Does that mix safely with CCW Wayne - in day-to-day life?
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links