Have you ever met this guy?

This is a discussion on Have you ever met this guy? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We had a thread like this once a long time ago, but I just had it come up in real life again. The worst part ...

Thread: Have you ever met this guy?

We had a thread like this once a long time ago, but I just had it come up in real life again. The worst part is, I've heard it before and I probably will again.

Do you know this guy? You might. He's a real gee whiz kind of guy, a man of letters. And those letters are M-O-R-O-N.

Well maybe that is being too harsh, but I digress.

This guy is the one who gets the bright idea that all he really needs is, guess what, a gun. Just any gun. And he doesn't even need ammunition for it either. Just the gun.

You see this guy is amazing. By mere presentation of said sidearm, he can cause the most hard boiled felon to cower and whimper at his feet.

Even more amazing, all he merely needs to do is possess this gun. He doesn't even have to have it with him. If he never even fires it that's okay too. Because he is going to magically have it whenever he needs it, and no shots will be fired for they will cast themselves on his mercy.

Isn't this guy amazing?

I've known this guy several times... never the same guy twice either.

I seriously hope that these people are #1. Kidding about carrying an unloaded gun #2. If they're not kidding I hope for their sake they leave it behind, they're better off without it in all honesty.

Please tell me I live in my own weird little world and that this isn't a phenomenon anyone else has ever encountered. Sheesh, what a morning.

VIP Member
    Nope, you are not alone. My most recent was a gal who was going to carry it in her purse and, "Just show it to people who are bothering me."

I told her not to buy a gun at all because she was just going to get in trouble with it. To my knowledge she did not buy a gun.

-Scott-

Sorry, Euc, they are very serious. They also believe that if you cut off a wart, and bury it wrapped in potatoe skin under the light of a full moon, it won't come back. "I have my Talisman! It giveth me the POWER!!!"

Assistant Administrator
    Funnily enough - it is these folks who do actually merit a comment, made to me by an old UK buddy when we talked about carry. ''It'll only get you into trouble''.

Not something I accept at all for our breed of CCW here - in fact a crazy and stupid statement but - for ''Moron'' - yes, it does have some substance.

Sadly these folks do exist - with head in clouds - and dreams of magic incident-stops thru mere presentation - at home or even about. Worse still and all but unbelievable - those endowed with ''possession karma'' - just having an unloaded snub in a drawer (somewhere) will ward off all evil spirits at all times. ''You cannot attack me - I have a gun - somewhere, doncha know''! LOL!

Stay cool Euc - you are in fact still in the real world - but it's a strange place as we know.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I guess that's why Bryan Williams titled his book, Welcome to the Real World.
    When you get to the point where you can actually see it, the real world can be a scary place!

It does have some nice spots in it, though.

And yes, I've met that guy too.

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Had somebody in the Store last night........from NH........he CHEWED my ears off, anbout everything, ranging from "why is it that Ma Resident's cant' have certain AR types, to what's the differnce......this guy didn't have a clue, but was on a trek to bust my butt about everything. See........the thing was........HE started the conversation with "I'd like to buy an AR-15, I'm from NH, and what does it take to purchase.........
    GAWWWWWWWWWD......I wasted almost 45 min with him.........before I just turned away and said I'd be right back, due to other Customers needing assistance..
    Real "Moonbat" for sure......I would have attempted to turn him away from the sale, due to his sheer nature of questions and my attenna were up..
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Had a guy years ago that had recently obtained a security job where he was required to use/purchase his own sidearm (?)
    well he proceeded to tell me he didn't have to spend the money on a 'real' gun cuz they'd run away from him as opposed to get caught. he was looking at BB guns!! i was a young kid at the time, i wasn't gonna tell him anything (i knew that from his decision of purchase) but i still remember it to this day.
    the opposite is the BG that runs around with an empty gun. they think the GG will bow down to there 'superior firepower'. they oughta, as well, hope they do not meet up with the members of this forum. would be bad for all involved.
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

That's exactly it Sololucky. The sight of a gun, empty or not, ups the ante to lethal force in a hurry.

Now I personally may or may not be made out of tough enough stuff to survive a lethal force on lethal force encounter, heck I lose at paintball, but I'm not about to make it physically impossible for myself.

It will only lead the into trouble...can you imagine...armed sheep...lol

That's akin to buying a $100 flashlight and then not putting any batteries in it. Believing you can see in the dark just because the flashlight is in your pcoket!

Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Sponsored Links