Arizona

This is a discussion on Arizona within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I will be going to Arizona in a couple of weeks. Does anyone have any do's and don'ts on conceal carry. I have heard that ...

Thread: Arizona

Arizona

I will be going to Arizona in a couple of weeks. Does anyone have any do's and don'ts on conceal carry. I have heard that anyone in that state can carry in open site but if you have a conceal carry permit, you must keep it concealed. Also Arizona honor's my state's (Colorado) conceal carry. Thanks in advance

2. Remove Ads

DC Founder
    You seem to already have the information you were asking for but, you can either carry concealed (with an Arizona permit or a Colorado permit) or you can carry openly. I would strongly suggest you carry concealed in all but the rural areas. Here in Phoenix, while you are certainly legal, you may have someone call the Police to come check you out if you are seen with an open carry gun. Even if they don't call you in, you will get alot of attention, something most people that carry don't want.

Enjoy your stay in Arizona. I came here 16 years ago from Colorado and am still enjoying it....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

You should also know that if you want to carry on person in a holster, as long as any part of the holster (bottom) is visible, it is ok. also for car carry, if the gun is in a holster, it may be anywhere,including glove compartment,console, etc. if gun is not ina holster it must be visible if you do not have a permit.

Thanks Bumper and cmbthgun. I plan to conceal.

You know what is so great about that.. I test drove a Victory in Prescott, figureing that the wind would blow back the shirt that I was useing to cover, and my holster would show, I just dumped my over shirt and rode in my T with the HK in the open, that was soooooo coooool!!!!!
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Links