How to get a non-resident Florida CCW

This is a discussion on How to get a non-resident Florida CCW within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; hello, i have seen some ppl say they have a nonresident CCW permit from florida. I am 22 years old from MO and would like ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to get a non-resident Florida CCW

How to get a non-resident Florida CCW

hello, i have seen some ppl say they have a nonresident CCW permit from florida. I am 22 years old from MO and would like to obtain this permit. i have tried contacting the office directly but cannot get info about how to get it. I have takn the course and everything. I have had electronic fingerprints done for substitute teaching (dont know if that will work though). I am not a felon. so is all in order or do i need to do more? What is the process of getting the permit? when i turn 23 will i have to do it all over to get a MO resident permit? info you guys can give is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    The basic info can be found here.
    How to Apply - Weapons - Division of Licensing, DOACS

And you can go ahead and order the forms from this link. They are free and you will get even more info from the package.
    Form/Pamphlet Request - Division of Licensing, DOACS
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar
    Just fill out the application, enclose your fingerprints (check with Florida to see how recent they must be). Also, enclose the certificate showing training, and a check, then mail, It took mine 60 days. I sent off for Utah and Florida the same day that I applied for my home state of Nevada's permit. I got the Utah in 30 days, Nevada in 90. It sucked that I could carry in over b30 states before I could carry in my own. Anyway, Florida isn't hard, you just need the paperwork (and of course, money). Good luck.

sss
    It's going to take between 80 and 95 days due to the surge of applications the state has received. I submitted my app on 12/29 and my check hasn't been cashed yet. Probably have a long wait left before I get an update.

Not sure if this is against the rules here, but floridaconcealedcarry.com should be able to help with any FL-specific questions you might have. This site is a great resource as well.
    "A professional politician is a professionally dishonorable man. In order to get anywhere near high office he has to make so many compromises and submit to so many humiliations that he becomes indistinguishable from a streetwalker." - H.L. Mencken

BassPro over here in Kansas offers a 1 hour session to help you get all the paper filled out and turned in correctly. They have it the next day after the regular classes for ccl so you can get the extra states.

I would imagine that a BassPro in Mo. will probably offer the same service.

Mine took just about 90 days.Call after 60 days or so and they will tell you if your app is complete and in order.

It is easy to get. Mine took 75 days back in August. It was $117 for 7 years.
    Heavily Medicated For Your Protection

Request forms online. They will send them within a week. They require fingerprint cards.
    You'll rock, with a 357 Glock

Quote Originally Posted by Squawker View Post
    I sent off for Utah and Florida the same day that I applied for my home state of Nevada's permit.
    [threadjack]
    What does UT cover that FL doesnt. Their site doesnt give much information, and I cant find anything on reciprocity. I know FL covers a lot and I'm trying to see if I should pursue any other non-resident permits. I ruled out NH, since FL covers everything that NH does, and more. Thanks.
    [/threadjack]

EDIT: Just saw on handgunlaw that MN is the only other state it would cover over FL.

welcome from michigan

Fl requires their own fingerprint card; electronic is only accepted from in-state depts.
    If you have served in the military, your DD214 will serve as proof of training.

Don't know where in MO, but if you travel into KS your non resident permit isn't recognized and you'll have to lock your gun up.

I think MO requires the training be within one year of application.

A few states require you be a FL. resident or wont cover

thanks for all the info guys. I took the training in Dec 08, so i should good. can i only get it for 7 years? i only need one lol. i just wanted to carry for MO i know i cant in iowa or kansas or Illinois... so i cant use electronic fingerprints if im a nonresident of FL?
    "with great power comes great responsibility"

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHorn View Post
    BassPro over here in Kansas offers a 1 hour session to help you get all the paper filled out and turned in correctly. They have it the next day after the regular classes for ccl so you can get the extra states.

I would imagine that a BassPro in Mo. will probably offer the same service.
    ditto on the bass pro class, they offer a one hour paperwork class that has all the information you need to submit your application including the fingerprinting services required(has to be certified person). I didn't do the FL paperwork class but IMO its totally worth it. just have to add a check to the paperwork and your done :)

My check cleared yesterday, Feb 4, any guesses on time till permit issues.

Planning to leave for FL around Mar 11.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links