Got pulled over today while Carrying: first time - Page 2

Got pulled over today while Carrying: first time

This is a discussion on Got pulled over today while Carrying: first time within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; $300 dollars. How fast where you going? Must have been a school or construction zone. Some of you have talked about doing 15 or more ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    $300 dollars. How fast where you going?

Must have been a school or construction zone.

Some of you have talked about doing 15 or more over.

If all the LEO does is give you a ticket for speeding, you should count your blessings.

He/she can also write you up for reckless, or at the very least carless. And if you think the ticket price is high wait until your insurance company get a hold of that.

When I was a high school kid I use to get tickets all the time, but today I enjoy low insurance rates, and therefore I watch my speed.

Not having your headlights on is a sign of an impaired driver a lot of times. The officer probably pulled him over to check that out then found out he didn't have insurance. As for getting a ticket for the headlight you probably just got unlucky there unless your attitude had something to do with it.

It was in the papers here in Florida, that the price for speeding tickets was going up. Hey . . . you break the law, you pay!
    "We have met the enemy, and it is us." Pogo Possum

[QUOTE=BamaSteve;1011797]
    Sounds like the guy you met needs to be in another area of public service. That's just my personal opinion.
    QUOTE]

This is an absurd statement.

Take responsibility for your actions, accidental or otherwise.

I'm not sorry that either of you got a ticket. As alot of people have stated you broke the law and got caught. I understand that. What I'm sorry for is Glock45 losing his Gun Fund. I feel your pain, my Carbine Fund just took a big hit with dental surgery. We'll get there just keep plugging away!
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

I was pulled over the other day and the officer appreciated that I was a gun caring law abiding citizen, at the end of the day it depends on the LEO and their mood.

Greatest State in The Union, Pennsylvania
    doesnt make sense. i got caught doing 71 in a 40 (********). and i was only fined 190$ total. This is in PA.

The officer said I slowed down while passing him and looked him in the eyes, then revved my engine and took off as fast as I could(********). He said he swung the radar gun around and just like(waves hands to show his swinging the radar gun, and makes a "boop" noise) that he got a reading on me, as we're talking to the magistrate (more ********).

I'm a criminal justice major for christ sakes, this was my first speeding ticket. why in gods name would i want to antagonize a state trooper? ******* dick head.

Atleast he dropped the reckless driving...

Man you shouldnt be driving anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Krockett View Post
    Hard to feel bad for you, if you deserve a speeding ticket worth $300. Typcially when I am carrying I am even more careful not to break the law or give them any reason to pull me over!
    ~Krockett
    I agree wholeheartedly with Krocket. When out and about I am so aware of the potentially sticky situations that could arise from carrying, that I go far beyond my normal boundaries of civility in order to avoid even a minor confrontation. I keep my distance and don't get too involved with folks.... traffic aside. Traffic situation hasn't come up yet with police, but could at anytime for various reasons. I just make sure I am legal, have my license on me at all times and stay out of places I'm not supposed to be in.

The only grey area for me is driving through school zones.... what the hay are you supposed to do? Float over them? 1000 foot rule is ridiculous. Too many schools now to be able to travel without violating some "space". My biggest fear is for some reason to be stopped by an overzealous police officer in a school zone for whatever reason.... and being carted off to the gulag. You can't always avoid these zones... and do I ever try. This is a potential weak spot as I see it in my CCP travels.
    "Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical
    minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd
    by the clean end"

VIP Member
    Speeding fines in Florida

1-5 m.p.h. Warning
    6-9 m.p.h. $ 25
    10-14 m.p.h. $100
    15-19 m.p.h. $125
    20-29 m.p.h. $150
    30 m.p.h. and above $250

And double down if you are speeding in a road construction zone or school zone. If the cop add reckless driving and whatever else they feel like, you can miss a couple of mortgage payments. But that's not all! You also get points and an increased insurance rate.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by swaggs View Post
    15 mph over is usually a pricey ticket anywhere. some places obviously more than others, but still.
    I believe 15mph over is where it turns into reckless driving in my state.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcabin View Post
    doesnt make sense. i got caught doing 71 in a 40 (********). and i was only fined 190$ total. This is in PA.

The officer said I slowed down while passing him and looked him in the eyes, then revved my engine and took off as fast as I could(********). He said he swung the radar gun around and just like(waves hands to show his swinging the radar gun, and makes a "boop" noise) that he got a reading on me, as we're talking to the magistrate (more ********).

I'm a criminal justice major for christ sakes, this was my first speeding ticket. why in gods name would i want to antagonize a state trooper? ******* dick head.

Atleast he dropped the reckless driving...
    If your attitude with the trooper was anything like your post, consider yourself lucky. In many states 15+ over the speed limit is an automatic reckless driving charge.

[QUOTE=tap22a;1011900]
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaSteve View Post
    Sounds like the guy you met needs to be in another area of public service. That's just my personal opinion.
    QUOTE]

This is an absurd statement.

Take responsibility for your actions, accidental or otherwise.
    That's why I said it's my opinion. And besides, a little common sense will go a very long way.

Reminds me of a cop in TN that got reprimanded pretty bad by the judge for giving a bus driver a ticket. He was transporting elderly people and they had been in traffic for several hours. So when they finally got to a rest stop, the driver stopped close to the building as opposed to out in the bus area so the older people didn't have as far to go. Cop gave him steep ticket. That judge made him look like an idiot.

Did the bus driver break the law, sure. But had some common freaking sense been used, things would have gone better for all involved.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

When you are going 15 over in a 45mph zone if a light were to turn red you would probably end up running it. this is what causes a lot of accidents and deaths in Florida and elsewhere. I don't feel sorry for any one who drives like that. Run a red light in Florida and you will pay another $ 201.00 on top of the speeding ticket.
    Last edited by Tom G; February 4th, 2009 at 04:39 PM. Reason: add

good job. notify right away.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links