Got pulled over today while Carrying: first time - Page 4

Got pulled over today while Carrying: first time

This is a discussion on Got pulled over today while Carrying: first time within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by glock45 19 miles over... 49 on a posted 30. Was talking on the hands free.... I think the fines went up. 49 ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Got pulled over today while Carrying: first time

Quote Originally Posted by glock45 View Post
    19 miles over... 49 on a posted 30. Was talking on the hands free....
    I think the fines went up.
    49 in a 30 because you were talking on the phone and not paying attention. If I pulled you over in my town I'd have written you up too, regardless of your CC permit. Sounds to me like you're lucky that it's only costing you $300.

If(when) stopped for whatever reason:

all windows down - especially if tinted
    both hands open - palms up on top of steering wheel - CCL in left & DL in right
    immediately advise LEO of CC
    be polite & respectful w/no attitude

then you will have greatly increased your odds of having no excuse for coming here whining about how unjustly you were treated . . .

Administrator
    I don't see anything wrong with any actions discussed here with the exception of the offense that started it all. So, I ask, whats the problem?
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I don't see anything wrong with any actions discussed here with the exception of the offense that started it all. So, I ask, whats the problem?

sss
    Hire a traffic ticket lawyer. It'll cost you about $100, but he'll most likely be able to get the ticket deferred (no moving violations within x months = dismissal) or dismissed outright. I've done this several times over the last 5 years and have yet to take a silly defensive driving course or pay a fine.
    "A professional politician is a professionally dishonorable man. In order to get anywhere near high office he has to make so many compromises and submit to so many humiliations that he becomes indistinguishable from a streetwalker." - H.L. Mencken

Fellow posters,
    First of all, I was always very respectful and cooperative with the officer. I never denied being over the limit or played dumb. I just said I was sorry and that unfortunately I was distracted and may have exceeded the limit without really noticing. Obviously, this is not justification but at least is an honest answer.
    The LEO was very nice actually, I thought he would let me go with a warning but well, you know the story.
    About 30 min. after the stop my ticket was already in the hands of an attorney and my card charged for the $ 79 fee. Let's see what they can do for me....
    Thanks for your posts. Thought I would share since it was my first time pulled over while CCWing as helpful info to handle a situation that I'm sure most of us encounter sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Tejano View Post
    If(when) stopped for whatever reason:

all windows down - especially if tinted
    both hands open - palms up on top of steering wheel - CCL in left & DL in right
    immediately advise LEO of CC
    be polite & respectful w/no attitude

then you will have greatly increased your odds of having no excuse for coming here whining about how unjustly you were treated . . .
    Agree. Only thing I do different is have drivers license and CCL together, with CCL on top when officer arrives. My wife is in LE and all officers I speak with say to show them the CCL in the manner I speak of. Above all, show respect and do not give excuses. Trust me, they have heard them all. If you feel wronged by the officer, go to court. If his attitude is a problem, contact his Chief. Arguing with the officer on the stop only guarantees you will get a ticket.
    Men look out for themselves; real men look out for others!

Here is a good speeding ticket story. Mom, dad, son and daughter on a trip to Vermont from Long Islamd speeding down the highway in a Rolls Royce. (Yes, family took the RR to go skiing) State trooper clocks the car doing 90ish in a 55 ligths and sirens go on. The RR pulls to the right and the State trooper approaches on the roadway side of the vehicle. Mother opens the window as STwalks up tothe car. Lic,Reg and Insurance please. Mom hands ST Reg and Ins papers. ST asks for license. Why? she asks. You were clocked speeding 90 plus in a 55. I was not speeding officer. mam, May I have your license. Nope, I was not speeding. Listen lady I am trained in visual speed and trained on use of the radar gun. I have been doing this job for many years may I get your license!! Steam almost pouring out the ears. Nope I gave you the reg and insurance but I am NOT giving you my license beacuse I was not speeding. LISTEN LADY DO YOU THINK I AM SOME TYPE OF MORON AND DO NOT KNOW MY JOB? Well officer! where is the steering wheel ? ST looks down and then notices it was a right hand drive. St walks around the car and without a word to the husband takes his license and writes the speeding ticket. I said she should have taken the ticket and gone to court would have loved to see the ST face after she told the court it was right hand drive.

haha/\

we have some RHD subarus ive been stopped before but never ticketed. i think the cop was freaked out cause the driver wasnt watching the road
    S&W M&P40/M&P9c OC rigs
    S&W 640-1 or Sig P238 as a CC rig
    proud www.georgiacarry.org member
    Second Amendment Foundation Life member

Quote Originally Posted by glock45 View Post
    19 miles over... 49 on a posted 30. Was talking on the hands free....
    I think the fines went up.
    Thanks…. I stand corrected and the fines are now ridicules

While I never intentionally speed I do worry about finding one of those 25 MPH zones that appear out of no ware; and here along the beach they are everywhere.

Speaking of Florida tickets, those "red light ticket fine" signs they put up before a lot of intersections now have a higher price. It was something like $181 minimum before, but now it states the minimum fine is a little over $200.

I also almost once got a ticket for a 43 in a 30 (honestly had no idea, they put a 30 MPH speed limit on just a regular two-lane road that should be at least 40), and it would've been $180. Luckily he let me go with a written warning, but that was the first time I've bene pulled over so there may have been consideration there, plus I tried to be as courteous as possible and also the LEO was pretty cool himself.

But yea, Florida isn't cheap when it comes to citations!

sss
    Wow, I'm glad I didn't run any of those last time I was in town. Texas still has a few common sense laws left on the books -- the tickets we get from red light cameras here are not real moving violation, since our legislature has ruled that only law enforcement can issue real tickets.

It's a $75 "ticket" here, and they only take it to collections (instead of issuing a warrant) if you don't pay up. Still sucks, but much better than a proper ticket.
    "A professional politician is a professionally dishonorable man. In order to get anywhere near high office he has to make so many compromises and submit to so many humiliations that he becomes indistinguishable from a streetwalker." - H.L. Mencken

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links