Got pulled over today while Carrying: first time

This is a discussion on Got pulled over today while Carrying: first time within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Got pulled over for the first time today while carrying. Gave the officer my license, registration and CWP. He asked me if I had it ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got pulled over today while Carrying: first time

Got pulled over today while Carrying: first time

Got pulled over for the first time today while carrying. Gave the officer my license, registration and CWP.
    He asked me if I had it with me and I replied Yes, that it was on my right hip.
    He asked: Is it in a holster?
    I replied: Yes
    And he told me just to keep it in there. That was it.

BTW, for those of you that think hacing a CWL will get you out of a ticket, I can tell you that I got slammed with a $ 300 speeding ticket.
    Good bye Ruger SP 101!!!! I have been saving to get it since August 2008 and now that money is gone! Just like that!

2. Remove Ads

yeah I just got slammed for turning on my headlights as I was rolling out of a parking space... at 7:00 pm Barely dark.

Hit me with moving violation and expired insurance.

2 tickets!

Florida cops are really trying to make that quota so they can keep their job.

Can't say blame them

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Sounds like you both broke the law...can't blame the LEOs.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Bprepared View Post
    yeah I just got slammed for turning on my headlights as I was rolling out of a parking space... at 7:00 pm Barely dark.

Hit me with moving violation and expired insurance.

2 tickets!

Florida cops are really trying to make that quota so they can keep their job.

Can't say blame them
    How is turning on your headlights while moving a violation? I've never heard of that and it doesn't make sense to me.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Times are tight, budgets are tight, the municipalities are short on cash too, so I wouldn't be surprised if some or many are writing more violations.
    That said I'm paying more attention to my driving habits, carrying or not.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

KEEP IT RIGHT THERE!

Im pretty sure that was the plan~!

Quote Originally Posted by glock45 View Post
    Got pulled over for the first time today while carrying. Gave the officer my license, registration and CWP.
    He asked me if I had it with me and I replied Yes, that it was on my right hip.
    He asked: Is it in a holster?
    I replied: Yes
    And he told me just to keep it in there. That was it.

BTW, for those of you that think hacing a CWL will get you out of a ticket, I can tell you that I got slammed with a $ 300 speeding ticket.
    Good bye Ruger SP 101!!!! I have been saving to get it since August 2008 and now that money is gone! Just like that!
    Sorry to hear that!

I don't know why people would think that possessing a concealed handgun permit would get them out of a traffic violation.
    "[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine, Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775

Quote Originally Posted by buzzgum View Post
    How is turning on your headlights while moving a violation? I've never heard of that and it doesn't make sense to me.
    I think it's driving without the headlights on. That's the moving violation.
    "[A]rms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine, Thoughts On Defensive War, 1775

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    Times are tight, budgets are tight, the municipalities are short on cash too, so I wouldn't be surprised if some or many are writing more violations.
    That said I'm paying more attention to my driving habits, carrying or not.
    Plus one Rugergirl
    $300, how fast where you clocked at?
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Hard to feel bad for you, if you deserve a speeding ticket worth $300. Typcially when I am carrying I am even more careful not to break the law or give them any reason to pull me over!
    ~Krockett

There's no such thing as a cheap speeding ticket in FL. A coworker was pulled over a few weeks ago for doing 55 in a 40; ticket cost him $200 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Bprepared View Post

Wow...I'd say that guy is a jerk. I got pulled over a couple years ago when I pulled out of a gas station on a well lit street, didn't realize my lights weren't on until I got to the end of the street lights, which is were I passed the cop and realized my lights weren't on (and promtly turned them back on). The cop was very understanding and just check me out to make sure no warrants.

Sounds like the guy you met needs to be in another area of public service. That's just my personal opinion.

Now I understand the insurance thing, but that wasn't the reason he pulled you over.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by EOD Man View Post
    There's no such thing as a cheap speeding ticket in FL. A coworker was pulled over a few weeks ago for doing 55 in a 40; ticket cost him $200 dollars.
    That's CRAZY!!!

15 mph over is usually a pricey ticket anywhere. some places obviously more than others, but still.

VIP Member
    Speeding ticket, driving without valid insurance, no sympathy. Both of those things are done through a persons own negligence. Ticketing someone for not turning on their lights prior to putting a vehicle in motion is kind of chicken ----. What's next, a no seat belt ticket because you start your car before fastening it?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links