Guess what I just picked up! - Page 4

Guess what I just picked up!

This is a discussion on Guess what I just picked up! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Paco So what are the words in the oath? "I {state your name} swear or affirm that I am in fact the ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Guess what I just picked up!

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    So what are the words in the oath? "I {state your name} swear or affirm that I am in fact the individual who applied for said license to carry a concealed weapon. I promise."
    basically you swear that the information given on the application is correct.

After that was done, the Sheriff Deputy reminded us that we were all still under oath and asked us all to respond in unison, "have you been convicted of any of the disqualifing felons in the past 5 years", "are you now under an order for mental incapacitation" etc, all the disqualifers.

Quote Originally Posted by claybreaker0 View Post
    Congrats!! Ya...what WILL you be carrying into your initiation walk this evening?
    Carried my Charter Arms 38 Special snub nose in a DeSantis Tuckable holster. See my wally world thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    I raised my right hand and took an oath once. Then they gave me a rifle along with lots of green shirts and pants.

YEA BABY. Been there...All I was doing was going to get some milk, and then BAM...
    ((Place funny, whitty comment here))

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetchuck View Post
    My county requires a personal appearence before the gun board. (Macomb County, MI)

Everyone gets asked the same questions:

Why do you want a CPL?--Personal protection

Is there any threat on your life that causes you to do this?--No

Have you ever been arrested?--No

Have you ever had a restaining order filed against you, or on your behalf?--No

Have you ever been admitted to a mental hospital?--No

Where did you take your CPL training?--Give name

Then the prosecuter agrees, Sheriff agrees and State Police agrees and they give you your license.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    basically you swear that the information given on the application is correct.

After that was done, the Sheriff Deputy reminded us that we were all still under oath and asked us all to respond in unison, "have you been convicted of any of the disqualifing felons in the past 5 years", "are you now under an order for mental incapacitation" etc, all the disqualifers.
    Do they burn incense? Did you learn the secret handshake?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Guy's jokes aside, it's a simple swearing in as in court testimony. You are swearing to tell the truth (as some said above, you are "under oath").

My County (Wayne) doesn't make us appear. But I appeared before the Gun Board years earlier, when I tried for an "unrestricted" permit on appeal. I ended up being upgraded from "Business/Home/Bank" to "Business" (the first covered you only between any of these places, the second covered you any time you are "on business"). I was told to come back in a couple years to try for a "General" (unrestricted) permit. Never went back. A few permit cycles later (maybe 10/12 years?) we became a "shall issue" State. The previous permit system became archaic. And really, so did our County Gun Board system, which I predict will go away within 5 years. This should now be a Secretary Of State function (like the DMV).

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu711 View Post
    I feel the same way. The paperwork here in Las Vegas advises CCW permits it can take as much as 120 days (3 months). Most get their CCW permit approved within 90 days all the same.
    Checked your math? Just sayin'...
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Congratulations

Wayne county MI, took me 74 days from the date paperwork and finger prints were done to card in my mail box. I was told that, if I was going to be turned down, they had to do it within 45 days.

All good....

Congrats!
    Throw nature out with a pitchfork
    And yet she will return

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links