Defensive Carry banner

Guess what I just picked up!

3K views 52 replies 45 participants last post by  Luke Notaras 
#1 ·
Went to the county gun board this morning at 10PM. Took the oath, and answered all the questions, in unison with all the other applicants. When we were done, the clerk said the permits are downstairs in the clerks office. If you want to pick them up now you can.

So I guess it's off to Wally World tonight when I get home from work!

Ted<--- CCW holder since 10:30 AM Feb 5th

#11 ·
Well I finished the class middle of December, when I went down to get my fingerprints taken I had to wait a few days, they only do it on certian days and were closed for Christmas eve. I got the finger printing done day before new years, I think. That meant that I missed the deadline for the January gun board by a few days so I had to wait until today. The clerks office had the permits after the meeting, we signed them, they glued the pictures on the front with a glue stick (yeah I found that hard to believe too) and handed them back to us on the spot.

#13 ·
Am I to understand that you have to take an oath for your permit?

Do you raise your right hand too?

Just want to clarify - in Alabama you just give them your drivers license and $20 bucks and about 20 minutes later you stand for your pic and they print it out hot off the press....

#21 ·
That one got me too.

Our process in MN is more complicated but no "oath" required. It's interesting what other states have their citizens go through. There is always some lawmaker that comes up with a new wrinkle.

#15 ·
Congrats and welcome to the club!!

BTW, I didn't have to take an oath in Missouri.

#16 ·
Congratulations!
Now hang out here and learn all you can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.